The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac 1975 Self Titled Album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55800)

BaronVonBielski 12-28-2015 11:47 PM

Fleetwood Mac 1975 Self Titled Album

Why not do an expanded deluxe release with this record? It's what got things going and it outsold Tusk as far as album sales go. They kinda missed a good shot with 2015 being the 40 year anniversary. I just think it deserves more than a release with a couple of added extras. It was number one album and to me is great all the way through.

face of glass 12-29-2015 03:14 AM

It should be done. Though they'd probably argue about the bonus material which would include Buckingham Nicks versions of these songs.

But since they're not doing the BN digital release anytime soon if ever, then it'd be nice to get them this way.

SisterNightroad 12-29-2015 09:11 AM

I would do anything for an expanded edition of the White Album.
It's not like they lack the material, it could be like this:
- a soundboard of the white album's rehearsals
- outtakes (with buckingham-nicks material)
- a remastered dvd of the Capital Centre show withut the annoying lettering.

jbrownsjr 12-29-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1176950)
I would do anything for an expanded edition of the White Album.
It's not like they lack the material, it could be like this:
- a soundboard of the white album's rehearsals
- outtakes (with buckingham-nicks material)
- a remastered dvd of the Capital Centre show withut the annoying lettering.

Maybe some Fritz stuff and some Heroes tour tracks..

sanders8323 12-29-2015 02:02 PM

They could also add a what would have been Buckingham/Nicks 2 album. That would be interesting to see what would have gone on that record.

MikeVielhaber 12-29-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanders8323 (Post 1176953)
They could also add a what would have been Buckingham/Nicks 2 album. That would be interesting to see what would have gone on that record.

I doubt that they would include something on any of these releases that decidedly is not Fleetwood Mac.

dawn_amanda 12-29-2015 04:45 PM

I would love to hear anything from the early days of this line up we don't already have. Are there actually any demos, or rehearsal footage, early takes, outtakes, anything?

*prays for sorcerer and candlebright once more!*

jbrownsjr 12-29-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn_amanda (Post 1176957)
I would love to hear anything from the early days of this line up we don't already have. Are there actually any demos, or rehearsal footage, early takes, outtakes, anything?

*prays for sorcerer and candlebright once more!*

I heard a rehearsal for Warm Ways Live somewhere in the archives.. it's a bootleg, though..

KarmaContestant 12-29-2015 11:10 PM

I agree, but do not think it can happen. For starters, if the material existed, it would seem that something would have been included with the 2004 expanded remaster other than the single mixes. The album was completed within three months of Stevie and Lindsey joining, so it's also possible that very few extraneous recordings exist.

I was just yesterday reading the old 2001 Ledge Q&A with Ken Caillat, and came across this:

Quote:

Question about the song Rhiannon. I always thought the difference between the studio version and the Live version of that song was breath taking to say the least. How did this change come about, was it altered during the rehearsals?? Can you give any details and experience's about when you first saw it done live, and your impressions. Also you mentioned there were around 10 shows recorded for every tour, does this include the White album tour? (Anonymous, New York, New York)

I think the whole experience for the band during the white album was different, they were new to the band, and recordings often are just a "snapshot" of how they felt then. When they started playing together live they discovered their real potential, that's the great thing about playing live, you just "let it go" and feel the audience reaction. No, I don't think the white album tour was recorded as often, because I wasn't there, and the label didn't know how the album was going to do.
Of course, that doesn't really prove anything.

I would love a box for the 1975 album, too. Right now, I'm also really hoping we get one for Mirage next year.

BaronVonBielski 12-30-2015 12:29 AM

They could do a 5.1 surround sound mix like they did with Tusk. A good live CD as well which they did with both Tusk and Rumours except it would included older material like Station Man, Green Manalishi, etc. Tracks I thought they pulled off nicely with this lineup. The vinyl itself, and then a demo/singles disc.

dawn_amanda 12-30-2015 02:30 AM

Yes, a live cd would be amazing - the version of I'm So Afraid with Stevie doing all the high parts was stunning on that tour! :] and her wails on Green Manalishi! And the 3 part harmonies on Why!

BaronVonBielski 12-30-2015 03:12 AM

I really liked their version of Hypnotized.

SisterNightroad 12-30-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1176967)
I agree, but do not think it can happen. For starters, if the material existed, it would seem that something would have been included with the 2004 expanded remaster other than the single mixes. The album was completed within three months of Stevie and Lindsey joining, so it's also possible that very few extraneous recordings exist.

I was just yesterday reading the old 2001 Ledge Q&A with Ken Caillat, and came across this:

Of course, that doesn't really prove anything.

I would love a box for the 1975 album, too. Right now, I'm also really hoping we get one for Mirage next year.

I agree, surely there is much less material than all the other albums, but there must be something more than what we already have.
Lindsey and Stevie surely brought their Buckingham Nicks material and they probably tried more songs than those that ended up on the album.
As someone already said, there is a bootleg of Warm Ways from the 1975 tour rehearsals so probably there are more songs recorded from those sessions.
Not long ago resurfaced the video of the Passaic show.
I think something can be scrapped if they really want to.
The real problem is they're always interested in serving up only Rumours, at least until now.

iamnotafraid 12-30-2015 05:27 PM

Y'all slow down. I haven't even finished the Tusk Deluxe set yet.
Not to mention I just received the deluxe Rumours set.

I'm so far behind...

KarmaContestant 12-30-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1176987)
Not to mention I just received the deluxe Rumours set.

Ooh! Exciting! I suggest you drop everything and listen to Stevie's demo of The Chain.