The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OMG what were they thinking?!?!?!?! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=18044)

77Rumours77 02-08-2005 02:01 PM

OMG what were they thinking?!?!?!?!

I finally got the Madison WI bootleg... The good version! WEll I heard Don't Let Me Down Again. It rock! I wish they wouldn't of dropped it! It rocks! Who cares what the audience though of it.... It was awesome! The guitar work was wonderful in it. I wish it wouldn't of been dropped. :distress:
I would much rather heard that then Say You Will, Say Goodbye, or Goodbye Baby.. which are great songs.
Its such a sham.

strandinthewind 02-08-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
I finally got the Madison WI bootleg... The good version! WEll I heard Don't Let Me Down Again. It rock! I wish they wouldn't of dropped it! It rocks! Who cares what the audience though of it.... It was awesome! The guitar work was wonderful in it. I wish it wouldn't of been dropped. :distress:
I would much rather heard that then Say You Will, Say Goodbye, or Goodbye Baby.. which are great songs.
Its such a sham.

I was there - it ROCKED :nod: LB seemed not to happy with it at the end of it though. I thought it should have stayed. Alas, they never asked me :laugh:

gldstwmn 02-08-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Its such a sham.

If you saw Lindsey's reaction to the song, you'd know why. He clearly, for whatever reason was not happy with it or playing it, IMO.

The Tower 02-08-2005 02:18 PM

Doesn't surprise me at all. With all the key changing going on to accommodate Stevie's zippo range, why even bother? "Don't Let Me Down Again" was severly lowered, "Running Through the Garden" was dropped a whole step and "Destiny Rules" was raised a whole step or so.

Thanks, Five-Note Stevie!!

strandinthewind 02-08-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tower
Doesn't surprise me at all. With all the key changing going on to accommodate Stevie's zippo range, why even bother? "Don't Let Me Down Again" was severly lowered, "Running Through the Garden" was dropped a whole step and "Destiny Rules" was raised a whole step or so.

There you go again :laugh:

HomerMcvie 02-08-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dissention 02-08-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

I know you're a nice guy, but don't be too generous. That estimation of yours is bit much. ;)

David 02-08-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

"Don't Let Me Down Again" was severly lowered

Fleetwood Mac used to play it in A. What key did they drop it to last year?

estranged4life 02-08-2005 03:17 PM

Yep...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
If you saw Lindsey's reaction to the song, you'd know why. He clearly, for whatever reason was not happy with it or playing it, IMO.

the DVD-R of this concert shows his disdain for the song...They looked rather bored as they played.

Brian "How many @#$%^& sisters do I frikkin' have? :mad: " j.

The Tower 02-08-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
There you go again :laugh:

:p Well, it is my biggest Stevie pet-peeve after all :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I know you're a nice guy, but don't be too generous. That estimation of yours is bit much. ;)

Yeah, I just heard another live bootleg of "Rhiannon" from 2004 SYW tour and it was just miserable. I'll never for the life of me figure out how that woman gets up the nerve to go on stage and croak out the end of that song these days.... UGH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Fleetwood Mac used to play it in A. What key did they drop it to last year?

It is LOW. I'll get out my guitar tonight and figure it out.

dissention 02-08-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I just heard another live bootleg of "Rhiannon" from 2004 SYW tour and it was just miserable. I'll never for the life of me figure out how that woman gets up the nerve to go on stage and croak out the end of that song these days.... UGH.

Those are pretty miserable, but nowhere near as torturous as Say You Will live. I feel like crawling under a rock when I hear it. It's especially bad on Live In Boston, christ.

Serrart 02-08-2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tower

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Those are pretty miserable, but nowhere near as torturous as Say You Will live. I feel like crawling under a rock when I hear it. It's especially bad on Live In Boston, christ.

''The weird sisters, hand in hand,
Posters of the sea and land,
Thus do go about, about:
Thrice to thine and thrice to mine
And thrice again, to make up nine.
Peace! the charm's wound up..."

But you miss a sister... ;)

Romy

Kelly 02-08-2005 07:14 PM

I am sure Linds was just so disgusted with her singing during DLMDA that he insisted it be dropped. :rolleyes: Seriously, does Stevie ever sound even remotely decent on anything she does? :distress:

Basically she should pack it in, as she has lost quite alot of her range. She is no longer talented. :distress:

strandinthewind 02-08-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
I am sure Linds was just so disgusted with her singing during DLMDA that he insisted it be dropped. :rolleyes: Seriously, does Stevie ever sound even remotely decent on anything she does? :distress:

Basically she should pack it in, as she has lost quite alot of her range. She is no longer talented. :distress:

Don't take the bait!!!!!! :cool:

ontheEdgeof17 02-08-2005 07:22 PM

I dunno why they added it in the first place....:shrug:

I would have prefered Monday Morning in it's place.