The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which Book Should I Buy? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38544)

Madelow 12-30-2008 06:14 PM

Which Book Should I Buy?

Hello All-- After receiving a gift certificate for Christmas, I'm in the mood to do a little Mac reading. Which book should I order: "Storms", "First 30 Years", "Rumours and Lies", or "Forty Years of Creative Chaos". I'm looking for an interesting read, with accuracy. All opinions are welcome, and my thanks to all who choose to reply. Best always, Madelow.:wavey:

michelej1 12-30-2008 11:30 PM

I'd recommend Mick's book My twenty-five years in Fleetwood Mac. The pictures are lovely.

Michele

louielouie2000 12-31-2008 07:42 AM

I can't help it, I think "Storms" is just great. It's like being a fly on the wall during the band's most successful years. And unlike some biographies, Carol Ann Harris was actually there. And unlike the other AUTObiography out there, Carol Ann has nothing to gain or lose from telling the truth unfiltered. Don't get me wrong, there are no doubt some factual errors in "Storms," and there is no way Carol Ann was as innocent and faultless as she portrays herself. But overall, I think it's the best glimpse into the inner workings of Fleetwood Mac's heyday we currently have. And it's a juicy, fun, gossipy read... kinda reminds me of "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" in that regard :thumbsup: .

Josh2003 12-31-2008 07:59 AM

Storms, hands down. Juicy, juicy, juicy!

Regina 12-31-2008 10:18 AM

Just playing devil's advocate here, but...I'd go for the picture book myself.

VERY pretty pictures. Storms--very ugly story.

sleepless child 12-31-2008 01:33 PM

Carol's book is a great read. I don't know how much is drama and how much is accurate, but it's a hoot for sure.:thumbsup:

nailatixela 12-31-2008 02:46 PM

First 30 years is not a very good book.

I still have to read Storms.

newyawka 12-31-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 790895)
Don't get me wrong, there are no doubt some factual errors in "Storms," and there is no way Carol Ann was as innocent and faultless as she portrays herself.

In regards to the factual errors in "Storms," while I was reading it I actually found a part where Carol Ann contradicts a statement she made in a previous chapter. I thought that was pretty funny. Oh, and I agree, Carol Ann couldn't possibly have been as innocent as she portrayed. :lol:

singatnight 12-31-2008 03:14 PM

What was the contradiction? I'm curious. Thx.

MariaA37 12-31-2008 09:47 PM

I've only read Storms, but I highly recommend it. I found it to be a pretty accurate and spellbinding (and as Josh2003 said, juicy!) glimpse into their lives.

~Maria

jld92 12-31-2008 10:25 PM

Storms if you want good drama. There are some great Stevie moments thrown in there with all the Lindsey/Carol relationship. Like others have said I'm don't feel that it is as accurate as other books but I found it interesting.

Madelow 01-01-2009 12:27 AM

Thanks all-- I certainly enjoyed your opinions, and read them with great interest. I ordered "Storms" earlier today. Please continue the discussion. It makes for great reading! Best always, Madelow.:nod:

Regina 01-01-2009 02:51 AM

If you can stomach the scene with her running down the streets of Washington, DC without shoes, glass or whatever piercing her feet, instead of being a sane, rational human and calling a cab or a doctor or whatever she needed to do, you are a more enlightened human than I am.

I wanted to take my book and clobber her over the head with it, at that point.

I got the impression that the woman truly was a nitwit. Or a really bad soap-opera writer wannabe.

wolfontherun 01-01-2009 03:48 AM

Storms was a hell of a read. Lots of juicy tidbits. She went through a hell of a ride and I felt sympathy for her ordeal especially the car accident.

Sahara 01-01-2009 12:26 PM

Rumours Exposed was a nice read, I enjoyed it and I found some stories and anecdotes in it that I hadn't heard elsewhere.