The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie Nicks, two Eagles to join Don Henley at his Dallas birthday concert in July (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57000)

SisterNightroad 03-25-2017 06:01 AM

Stevie Nicks, two Eagles to join Don Henley at his Dallas birthday concert in July

Stevie Nicks, two Eagles to join Don Henley at his Dallas birthday concert in July

There's still no official official "official" word about those special guests joining Don Henley for his 70th birthday party July 22 at the American Airlines Center. That said, we have learned of three, thanks to sources who know about such things.
Two of them are Eagles: Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh. And one of them is in Fleetwood Mac: Stevie Nicks, with whom Henley scored a Top 10 single in 1981. So far, then, no surprises: Henley has promised to make the hometown show a career retrospective.

The Eagles reunion, of sorts, will mark the first time Henley, Schmit and Walsh have performed together since Feb. 15, 2016, when they joined with Bernie Leadon and Jackson Browne to pay tribute to Glenn Frey, who'd died weeks earlier. That night, at the Grammy Awards, they performed the band's first-ever single, 1972's "Take It Easy," which Frey and Browne wrote together.
Henley has said in the past that the Eagles are, likely, a done deal. After all, he said last fall, "I don't see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band." Then again, he's still close to these guys, and what's a birthday without some of your closest friends.

Henley and Nicks, of course, had a hit in 1981 with "Leather and Lace," off her solo debut Bella Donna. Thirty-four years later, they shared another duet: "It Don't Matter To The Sun," a simple, lovely ballad found only on the Target edition of Henley's 2015 Cass County, his paean to the northeast Texas county in which he was raised. (They also toured together in 2005; so anything's possible.)
Tickets for the birthday wingding are on sale now; get yours here. Curious to see who else makes the guest list. Mick Jagger and Miranda Lambert, maybe? Patty Smyth? Mojo Nixon? Hard to say. For now.

http://www.guidelive.com/music/2017/...y-concert-july

dreamsunwind 03-25-2017 02:37 PM

lmao well okay then

SisterNightroad 07-23-2017 03:17 PM

Don Henley Turns 70 With A Rocking Party In Dallas
Don Henley was working this weekend as he turned 70. Henley performed his 70th birthday concert in his hometown Dallas and he had lots of special guests.

Stevie Nicks recreated their ‘Leather and Lace’, Patty Smyth resurrected their 1992 hit ‘Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough’, Timothy B. Schmit put the original voice into ‘I Can’t Tell You Why’ and Joe Walsh was there to be … well … Joe Walsh and play ‘Rocky Mountain Way’.

Walsh will turn 70 this November 20. Timothy B. Schmit will be 70 three weeks before Joe. The late Glenn Frey was a year and a bit younger than Henley. Of the original band Bernie Leadon turned 70 a few days earlier on July 19. Randy Meisner was the oldest. He is now 71. Don Felder, who joined in 1974 for the third album ‘On The Border’, will be 70 in September 2018.

Don Henley setlist, Dallas, 22 July 2017

Seven Bridges Road (from Eagles, Eagles Live, 1980)
Dirty Laundry (from I Can’t Stand Still, 1982)
Sunset Grill (from Building The Perfect Beast, 1984)
That Old Flame (from Cass Country, 2015)
Witchy Woman (from Eagles, Eagles, 1972)
I Can’t Tell You Why (from Eagles, The Long Run, 1979)
When I Stop Dreaming (from Cass Country, 2015)
One of These Nights (from Eagles, One Of These Nights, 1974)
Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough (with Patty Smyth) (from Patty Smyth, 1992)
The End of the Innocence (from The End of the Innocence, 1989)
The Last Resort (from Eagles, Hotel California, 1976)
Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Tears for Fears cover)
Leather and Lace (with Stevie Nicks) (from Stevie Nicks, Bella Donna, 1981)
The Boys of Summer (with Stevie Nicks) (from Building The Perfect Beast, 1984)

The Heart of the Matter (from The End of the Innocence, 1989)
Rocky Mountain Way (with Joe Walsh) (from Joe Walsh, The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get, 1973)
Life in the Fast Lane (from Eagles, Hotel California, 1976)
Hotel California (from Eagles, Hotel California, 1976)
Wasted Time (from Eagles, Hotel California, 1976)
Desperado (from Eagles, Desperado, 1973)
All She Wants to Do Is Dance (from Building The Perfect Beast, 1984)
Birthday (The Beatles cover) (with Nicks, Walsh, Schmit and Smyth)

http://www.noise11.com/news/don-henl...allas-20170723

Macfan4life 07-24-2017 05:08 AM

Wow, what a set list. Incredible!
I don't know if Don has ever done Love Rules live. Its one of my favorites. Its also on the Fast Times soundtrack and is just as heavy and sentimental as Sleeping Angel. They both gave one of the best songs of their career to the Fast Times soundtrack.

SisterNightroad 07-24-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1214378)
Wow, what a set list. Incredible!
I don't know if Don has ever done Love Rules live. Its one of my favorites. Its also on the Fast Times soundtrack and is just as heavy and sentimental as Sleeping Angel. They both gave one of the best songs of their career to the Fast Times soundtrack.

Yes, if you want to see some videos and/or pictures Danielle collected some here: http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.c...ay-celebration

From what I've seen Stevie was present also for All She Wants to Do Is Dance. Too bad cameras weren't allowed, I would have liked to see The Boys of Summer performed with Stevie.

sue 07-24-2017 11:15 AM

Just watched Leather and Lace on YouTube...Stevie (and Don) sounds great..

I don't know what it is but lately when I see Stevie doing all the extra duets and stuff.....It just makes me want to smile and laugh.

She looks to be having loads of fun on Boys of Summer...

StreetAngel86 07-25-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1214380)
Yes, if you want to see some videos and/or pictures Danielle collected some here: http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.c...ay-celebration

From what I've seen Stevie was present also for All She Wants to Do Is Dance. Too bad cameras weren't allowed, I would have liked to see The Boys of Summer performed with Stevie.

can't stand DH buuuuuuuuuut
that is one of my fave songs ... I actually like a lot of his songs
and saw him live {incidentally} earlier this year
hearing Stevie on that would have been amaze :D:D:D

ETA: both of those songs but ... Boys of Summer ... oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan audio please

Frankenstein 07-25-2017 01:49 PM

Anyone else think Stevie is still totally attracted to Don Henley? :laugh:

SisterNightroad 07-25-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1214430)
Anyone else think Stevie is still totally attracted to Don Henley? :laugh:

I also am still totally attracted to Don Henley.

Frankenstein 07-25-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1214432)
I also am still totally attracted to Don Henley.

He has aged nicely, no doubt.

WatchChain 07-26-2017 10:51 AM

I'm so happy to see that the amazing Patty Smyth (Mrs. John McEnroe) was onstage to perform and celebrate Don's birthday!

AmbrFireflie 08-07-2017 06:25 PM