The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's everyones favorite songs this tour? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=11376)

diamondsnake 08-23-2003 09:30 PM

What's everyones favorite songs this tour?

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks are the best songs this tour and what is going over very well live.

I would say that Beautiful Child is the best song, for me. I just loved it on Tusk but it is even better live. That is what I love about Fleetwood Mac. Most of these artists today can't sing a good live note! It is a disgrace. In 30 years, will there even be reunion tours? I mean it is not like people are going to think lovingly of Backstreet Boys, will they?

Anyway, back on topic, other then BC, I think that Stand Back has been great this tour! It was never really a favorite of mine on cd, but it rocked live! I think it was the most fun song! Stevie loved singing it from what I could tell.

I also really loved GYOW. I never loved the song until I heard it live this tour.

I can't really find a disapointing song. Maybe Gypsy. I don't get why everyone loves it. To me it is an okay song at best. Also, I didn't like parts of Come live. I like the cd version better.

Merf 08-24-2003 12:12 AM

I love them all, but my faves this tour are....

Beautiful Child
Eyes of the World
Say Goodbye & Say You Will (because they are very sweet on stage)
Silver Springs
Stand Back
Come (the live version is far superior to the album version, IMO)

wondergirl9847 08-24-2003 12:26 AM

Faves...

ISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Always a fave with me tho....heh.)

Come (Good LAWD....this song EXPLODES on stage!!!)

GDW (NEVER get sick of hearing this one!)

Beautiful Child (Thank GOD she chose a never sung before song...and it's my fave Tusk song too!!)

David R 08-24-2003 05:29 AM

Beautiful Child (Stevie, thank you for singing it... I loved it, perfect and amazing)

Come (Didn't care for the album version UNTIL I heard it live, now I love it)

Eyes Of The World (I have always liked this song ever since I saw the Mirage Concert)

Silver Springs (What can I say? My favorite song of all time, seeing it live, indescribable)

Goodbye Baby (I ran to the front because I knew there was one more song, I got to see Stevie upclose singing this song, amazing)

Tusk (Lindsey going crazy, Dancing with Stevie, I have that image stuck in my head forever now...:D)

Who am I kidding? The whole friggin concert was great, I could have gone without Mick's world turning)

BlueGrass 08-24-2003 08:05 AM

Eyes

rhiannon1119 08-24-2003 12:07 PM

Although I totally loved the whole concert, my favorite standouts are:

Beautiful Child
Say Goodbye
Goodbye Baby

:) Michelle

gldstwmn 08-24-2003 12:09 PM

Beautiful Child.:)

Watchdevil22 08-25-2003 10:53 AM

My favorites of the tour would have to be:

Eyes of the World (I LOVE the way they are singing the chorus this time around)

Beautiful Child (one of my favorite songs of all time, and like Stevie, I never thought it would be performed live :)

Say Goodbye (Beautifully done and I couldn't get over how good the harmony was on it)

World Turning (I've always loved this song, but with Stevie singing Chris' vocals, it just rocked)

...and I could go on and on and on:nod:

Erin

dissention 08-25-2003 12:19 PM

I have four faves:

1. Beautiful Child
2. Tusk
3. Stand Back
4. World Turning

The others are okay, but too much Rumours stuff. I want Running Through the Garden back!! I don't think that Say You Will comes off well live AT ALL. It sucks! :laugh:

dissention 08-25-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Watchdevil22
Say Goodbye (Beautifully done and I couldn't get over how good the harmony was on it)
Aren't they using a pre-recorded tape to "help" them get the harmony just right? I could swear that they are. Anyone know for sure?

4Buck 08-25-2003 12:30 PM

SECOND HAND NEWS - I love the original, but like the fact that live this DOESN'T sound like an original, but rather a brand new song. It's SO fast!!! "Do it, do it, DO IT!!!"

COME - displays Buckingham's guitar virtuosity. Buck's voice live sounds better than on the CD. He uses voice manipulations on the disc. Again, sounds like a whole new song, live.

EYES OF THE WORLD - I like Buckingham's sexy "grunts." Something new he's added. And it's fast!!!

BIG LOVE - acoustically brilliant, expressive singing

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO - the concert I was at, people really got into it. It rocks!

PEACEKEEPER - the "rural" guitar sounds Bon Jovi-ish (Richie Sambora) like on their "IT'S MY LIFE."

None of L. Buckingham's work sounds retro. I like that. :nod:

gypsysara 08-25-2003 12:39 PM

Beautiful Child by far and away is #1 (leaps and bounds ahead of all others!!!)

Still giving me goosebumps thinking about it and seeing Stevie singing it... wow.

I enjoyed most all the other songs of the whole show, Come really turned my head I loved it live. I have reasons why Id love to add this song or drop that song but all and all I loved the shows Ive seen. I agree on Second Hand News, love the tempo of it!!!

stevierocks87 08-25-2003 12:51 PM

I totally agree with all of you, I was thinking about making a thread dedicated solely to the magnificance of Beautiful Child! It's like her voice has changed so much over the years, but on this song it really hasn't- she almost sounds BETTER on this tour than the Tusk version (although the album version's "I wish that you were mine" are heartbreaking!).

Thank you so much Stevie for pulling out this song! Who knows what she could do with some other stuff? (*cough*SOTM*cough * ;) )

My other favorites:

Eyes
Stand Back
GDW
Goodbye Baby

:wavey: adam :wavey:

diamondsnake 08-25-2003 01:06 PM

When I heard BC, I was the only one in my section that gave Stevie a standing ovation. I am so sick of people only giving them credit for the Rumors songs. I felt so stupid being the only one standing, but I just loved the song so much and dare I say that it is much better then any of the Rumors songs!

Livia 08-25-2003 04:57 PM

Beautiful Child and Say Goodbye

:wavey: