The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham to tour the UK in December (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=48081)

amoscascott 07-29-2011 05:03 AM

Lindsey Buckingham to tour the UK in December

Just heard from my little birdie that Lindsey plans on playing in the UK in December. Tour dates are still being worked on.

Peestie 07-29-2011 05:24 AM

Oh. Hell. Yes.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope all the plans pan out and he does make it over here!

I wonder how many gigs I can make it to...

McTrouble 07-29-2011 05:41 AM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked::eek::eek:

Now I am dreading my husband coming home from work today and breaking this news to him - OMG, the money we have spent in booking our trip to California! :distress:

And people kept telling me there was no chance he'd tour here - not that I'm blaming anyone, who really knew what he'd do?

I think I'm in trouble! Wish me luck.......:angel:

poetinmyheart 07-29-2011 05:43 AM

Yes!!!!!! Exciting :]

Peestie 07-29-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTrouble (Post 1002670)
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked::eek::eek:

Now I am dreading my husband coming home from work today and breaking this news to him - OMG, the money we have spent in booking our trip to California! :distress:

And people kept telling me there was no chance he'd tour here - not that I'm blaming anyone, who really knew what he'd do?

I think I'm in trouble! Wish me luck.......:angel:

I almost booked a trip to California as well but I was too busy with work when the tickets were released to even think about it. If nothing else you'll get a chance to spend time doing tourist-y things and have some Lindsey Buckingham thrown in! :thumbsup:

McTrouble 07-29-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1002673)
I almost booked a trip to California as well but I was too busy with work when the tickets were released to even think about it. If nothing else you'll get a chance to spend time doing tourist-y things and have some Lindsey Buckingham thrown in! :thumbsup:

Yes, at least we booked a whole week in Anaheim to make it into a holiday so we can do the whole Disneyland/Universal Studios/Hollywood things as well - but still, I am shaking and trembling a little!!!!!

Think I should push my luck and mention about seeing him here as well? :laugh:

Maybe I should keep quiet for a little while! :nod:

Peestie 07-29-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTrouble (Post 1002674)
Yes, at least we booked a whole week in Anaheim to make it into a holiday so we can do the whole Disneyland/Universal Studios/Hollywood things as well - but still, I am shaking and trembling a little!!!!!

Think I should push my luck and mention about seeing him here as well? :laugh:

Maybe I should keep quiet for a little while! :nod:

At least wait until some dates are announced before bringing it up. Just plead ignorance until then. :p

If they're in December then there's a chance some could clash with my graduation so I'm just hoping it's the ones I couldn't make it to will be around then.

I'm hoping he'll play Belfast (or even Dublin would be good) but I'm not holding out much hope. Belfast does have a couple of nice venues that'd suit him well though.

Phil Lee 07-29-2011 06:07 AM

I really hope you're right.

McTrouble 07-29-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1002675)
At least wait until some dates are announced before bringing it up. Just plead ignorance until then. :p

If they're in December then there's a chance some could clash with my graduation so I'm just hoping it's the ones I couldn't make it to will be around then.

I'm hoping he'll play Belfast (or even Dublin would be good) but I'm not holding out much hope. Belfast does have a couple of nice venues that'd suit him well though.

Well, if it does happen, I wish you (and all Lindsey fans this side of The Pond) good luck in getting good tickets! :thumbsup:

Madness Fades 07-29-2011 06:17 AM

Amoscascott, That is some bird you have got there!! How did you hear his??

I will be definately going to all of the Ireland Concerts and as many of the UK ones as I possibly can.
This is awsome news.
Ill believe it more when I see actual dates though.

CADreaming 07-29-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoscascott (Post 1002667)
Just heard from my little birdie that Lindsey plans on playing in the UK in December. Tour dates are still being worked on.

I wondered why Stevie said Lindsey was touring til Christmas. Cool news.

Peestie 07-29-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 1002678)
Amoscascott, That is some bird you have got there!! How did you hear his??

I will be definately going to all of the Ireland Concerts and as many of the UK ones as I possibly can.
This is awsome news.
Ill believe it more when I see actual dates though.

Ditto on the Ireland dates, though to be completely honest I doubt there will be any. If/when the dates are announced they'll probably all be on the mainland. Too many artists never make it across the Irish sea, but I can hope!

AliceLover 07-29-2011 08:28 AM

I could not be more happy for you guys! You totally deserve some Liddy solo action!

Silver Springs 07-29-2011 09:57 AM

I am so excited that it's beyond words at this point. I feel bad for accusing him of not caring about his British fans now :(

Peestie 07-29-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 1002708)
I am so excited that it's beyond words at this point. I feel bad for accusing him of not caring about his British fans now :(

Wait until the dates are announced. Maybe your outrage can still be vindicated. :lol::thumbsup:

I hope he plays a few General Admission shows instead of all seated because they tend to have a more lively atmosphere.