The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac too expensive for Glastonbury (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58721)

Stew_Matthews 06-29-2019 02:44 PM

Fleetwood Mac too expensive for Glastonbury

Fleetwood Mac played their shows in the Uk just before Glastonbury started. For those unfamiliar with the festival - it is the largest outdoor music event during the UK summer. Every significant artist has played over the years and there has been speculation that Fleetwood Mac would play. But it seems (not surprisingly) that they are more interested in the cash rather than adding their names to the long list of bands that have headlined the festival.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/micha...y-2020-2518723

sasja 07-04-2019 09:20 PM

Lucky Glastonbury audience!:thumbsup:

sue 07-06-2019 03:23 PM

Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
Coldplay received just £200,000....it is not about the fee.

Storms123 07-06-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1253439)
Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.

They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.

sue 07-07-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253441)
They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.

They wouldn’t dare do Glastonbury without Lindsey....would they????
Although, Mick has no morals, and the others aren’t far behind.

jmn3 07-07-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1253444)

Ha, I wouldn’t put anything past that grifter Mick.

I love that it’s not enough money for them. But, The Rolling Stones did Glastonbury and whatever fee they got was good enough for Mick and Keith.

Storms123 07-07-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1253444)

Based upon Mick's latest round of interviews, they will never work with him again so.....

BigAl84 07-07-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1253439)

Hahaha this band will never understand that concept. They wouldn't fart in a jar for free.

Think about it, they somehow managed to turn an awards show that was nothing but kudos to them, into some giant breakup spectacle.

BigAl84 07-07-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253446)
Based upon Mick's latest round of interviews, they will never work with him again so.....

I still get a kick out of how they talk about time marching on etc...as if they have some giant project they want to accomplish that was being hindered by Lindsey, when in reality all this drama to move on was about another greatest hits tour. It makes way less sense than anything that happened in 87.

Storms123 07-07-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1253448)
I still get a kick out of how they talk about time marching on etc...as if they have some giant project they want to accomplish that was being hindered by Lindsey, when in reality all this drama to move on was about another greatest hits tour. It makes way less sense than anything that happened in 87.

YES!! So true. And since Mick has now effectively alienated/trashed/slandered the only artist that will employ him outside of FM, I guess his next big gig is drummer of the house band at Fleetwood's on Front Street. Stevie would NEVER put him in her solo band.

BigAl84 07-07-2019 07:40 PM

Well really, FM is her new solo band with special guest Christine McVie.

Storms123 07-07-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1253453)
Well really, FM is her new solo band with special guest Christine McVie.

Very true, but Stevie solo will probably get better reviews than this bunch is...she may want to really distance herself now.

jmn3 07-07-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253454)
Very true, but Stevie solo will probably get better reviews than this bunch is...she may want to really distance herself now.

I assume she needed a nice chunk of cash, hence this current tour. Up to this point, Fleetwood Mac tours have to make her more money than touring solo. She wasn't filling arenas solo until she either opened for Rod or added The Pretenders as an opening act. That being said, I truly do believe at this point, she is likely a more viable product solo than with a continued cobbled together version of Fleetwood Mac.

Storms123 07-07-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1253455)
I assume she needed a nice chunk of cash, hence this current tour. Up to this point, Fleetwood Mac tours have to make her more money than touring solo. She wasn't filling arenas solo until she either opened for Rod or added The Pretenders as an opening act. That being said, I truly do believe at this point, she is likely a more viable product solo than with a continued cobbled together version of Fleetwood Mac.

We will never know, but if the him or me ultimatum is true, and I am assuming it is, she was willing to walk away from this tour. No doubt FM brings in more cash than solo, but it's also a bigger headache. I did see her 24KG tour 4 times, and MSG was pretty full. Can't say it was sold out---I honestly don't know, but it was pretty jammed. I love the Pretenders so I was there for that, and it wasn't as full.
Even though she was likely the "mastermind" behind this cobbled together version, I agree, she's, now, more viable solo, especially with FM in its current state.

jmn3 07-08-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253456)
We will never know, but if the him or me ultimatum is true, and I am assuming it is, she was willing to walk away from this tour. No doubt FM brings in more cash than solo, but it's also a bigger headache. I did see her 24KG tour 4 times, and MSG was pretty full. Can't say it was sold out---I honestly don't know, but it was pretty jammed. I love the Pretenders so I was there for that, and it wasn't as full.
Even though she was likely the "mastermind" behind this cobbled together version, I agree, she's, now, more viable solo, especially with FM in its current state.

Just my gut, but my guess is she knew there was zero chance Mick would side with Lindsey in the me or him ultimatum. She knows Mick as good as anyone and knows that Fleetwood Mac with her would net Mickey a lot more money than it would without her. So, while yes, in theory, she was willing to give up the Mac tour money, I highly doubt she ever thought Mick would actually tell her to take a hike. Firing Lindsey gave her the drama she always looks for in a Fleetwood Mac episode. And all the "new" band crap and Lindsey drama made the tour likely to bring in as much guaranteed money for Mick and Stevie as they would've gotten with another Rumours 5 tour.

However, the shortsightedness of them remains that if Buckingham McVie was a proper Fleetwood Mac album, including 3-4 Stevie songs, with a tour to follow with the 5 of them, they would have all made more money than they did otherwise. And, they would actually be demonstrating that they are a functioning and active band with some ability to remain somewhat creative in their old age, as opposed to playing 19 song setlist that include Tom Petty and Crowded House songs.

lovethemac1 07-08-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1253459)
Just my gut, but my guess is she knew there was zero chance Mick would side with Lindsey in the me or him ultimatum. She knows Mick as good as anyone and knows that Fleetwood Mac with her would net Mickey a lot more money than it would without her. So, while yes, in theory, she was willing to give up the Mac tour money, I highly doubt she ever thought Mick would actually tell her to take a hike. Firing Lindsey gave her the drama she always looks for in a Fleetwood Mac episode. And all the "new" band crap and Lindsey drama made the tour likely to bring in as much guaranteed money for Mick and Stevie as they would've gotten with another Rumours 5 tour.

However, the shortsightedness of them remains that if Buckingham McVie was a proper Fleetwood Mac album, including 3-4 Stevie songs, with a tour to follow with the 5 of them, they would have all made more money than they did otherwise. And, they would actually be demonstrating that they are a functioning and active band with some ability to remain somewhat creative in their old age, as opposed to playing 19 song setlist that include Tom Petty and Crowded House songs.

I agree with all of this 1000%. You are right on the $$$$$$.

button-lip 07-08-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1253455)

I still can't, for the love of God, understand why or for whom would she need all that money. Her dog? Her fans? :lol::lol: Yeah, right! :lol::lol:

sue 07-09-2019 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253463)
I still can't, for the love of God, understand why or for whom would she need all that money. Her dog? Her fans? :lol::lol: Yeah, right! :lol::lol:

It must be for the fantastic designer clothes.....

jbrownsjr 07-09-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1253465)
It must be for the fantastic designer clothes.....

Those black gloves get smelly. Lots of $$ to replace.

michelej1 07-09-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1253468)
Those black gloves get smelly. Lots of $$ to replace.

Hey, you were her tax attorney weren't you? I thought I recognized you! It sounds like she is a sweaty, smelly mess.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...545-story.html

Quote:

"much of this clothing is discarded immediately after use because it simply cannot be reused, given the energy levels of [Nicks'] performances and the heat generated on stage from lights and physical exertion."
But economical:

Quote:

Short adds, "When not performing, [Nicks'] makeup and hair-styling needs are minimal" so she doesn't claim them as a business expense then.
Quote:

Over the years, Nicks has projected a gypsy-like persona on stage. In her tax papers, lawyer George G. Short of Santa Barbara argues that her hair and clothing "must be themed to each performance, is not suitable for ordinary wear and is not adaptable to [Nicks'] general or continued use." She is required "to maintain a stage persona and appearance which is unlike her everyday persona and appearance."
You're telling me.

Quote:

Nicks also appeals $119,291 claimed as a business expense for payments to her personal manager, along with an additional $33,750 to write off an investment she made in the album "Buckingham-Nicks," which she and fellow Fleetwood Mac member Lindsey Buckingham jointly financed in 1974. That album was overshadowed by the success of Fleetwood Mac's albums, court papers say, and the two decided in 1991 to abandon any efforts to continue to promote it.
So, they didn't decide to stop promoting Buckingham Nicks until 1991? That doggone Lindsey. He's been costing her money all of her life.

sue 07-09-2019 05:04 PM

The only thing I like about her uniform...is the the jacket.
The hunting kind of jackets she wears..

michelej1 10-13-2019 11:04 PM

Diana Ross will be in the Legends slot for 2020.