The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you have favorite old Ledge posts? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58210)

David 10-13-2018 06:36 PM

Do you have favorite old Ledge posts?

All this legality in the air feels very poignant to me, especially because ledgies are in a civil war of sorts. (For Fleetwood Mac, it used to be bittersweet, and then it was just sweet. But now it's just bitter.)

Are there old Ledge posts that make you feel especially sad or moved?

This old post makes me very sad. I miss Vianna, and hope she's looking down on us in amusement.

And this old post has the glow of warm nostalgia for me. I miss Seteca, too, who would have given us all guitar lessons if we had asked!

And nobody but my old friend Brian was bonker enough to imagine Not That Funny as a swing number.

estranged4life 10-13-2018 06:57 PM

I agree...

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1240705)

Are there old Ledge posts that make you feel especially sad or moved?

And this old post has the glow of warm nostalgia for me. I miss Seteca, too, who would have given us all guitar lessons if we had asked!

Seteca was a cool dude, so I agree.

There are too many to mention of old posts/threads that I miss.

petep9000 10-22-2018 04:51 PM

I miss the excitement of discovering other Stevie Nicks/FM fans online. I remember around 1994 logging onto AOL and finding the Stevie/FM board there and being lost in it for hours that very first night. Then a few years later rec.music.artists.stevie-nicks, and then David told me to come here.

TrueFaith77 10-22-2018 10:12 PM

Not that I can recall. However, in the legendary Hollywood Dads thread on Seven Wonders chat, there was a post where, in response to the shippers, Blow-Up style, believing they had located behind an indoor tree a picture(?) or something that proved Lindsey and Stevie were still together, the poster could all but audibly be heard screaming in protest: “For the love of all that is holy, they are leaves! LEAVES!!!!!!” Maybe the funniest thing I ever saw on the Internet.

DownOnRodeo 10-29-2018 12:12 AM

I am also nostalgic for the old "burnish.net" forums.

Thanks for the poignant thread, David.

The internet itself has changed so much over the past twenty years.
Coming back to a "quaint" locale like The Ledge, which is thankfully still maintained and also populated by many long-standing members like yourself, or those who disappear for a time on other adventures, only to later return (like estranged4life or myself), makes me think of this place as a kind of virtual Old West saloon. (It may also be the color scheme...)

Street_Dreamer 10-29-2018 03:01 PM

I can't think of any particular post or thread but there were a few people on here who I lost touch with and I wonder how they are and if they're okay.

sasja 10-29-2018 08:26 PM

I much miss dear Carrie ( Carrie721) , the Queen of Snark. We used to have such fun!!

David 10-16-2019 05:20 PM

Bring as many old ledgies back to the forum as you can! It will be an amazing reunion!

Macfan4life 10-21-2019 05:10 AM

I don't recall the name but always loved the signature

"Pick up the pizzas and go home"

David 10-29-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1254678)

That’s right! Who was that? Was that Distention?

HomerMcvie 10-30-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1254731)
That’s right! Who was that? Was that Distention?

Me thinks your misspelling is on purpose. :p Because you don't do that.

David 10-31-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1254747)
Me thinks your misspelling is on purpose. :p Because you don't do that.

Come back, former ledgies! We promise to clean up our act!

Even Joe (DownOnRodeo) was around last year—and now he split again.

HomerMcvie 10-31-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1254751)
Come back, former ledgies! We promise to clean up our act!

Even Joe (DownOnRodeo) was around last year—and now he split again.

It is weird how someone could be 25,000 posts OBSESSED for several years, then just get over it all.

I only left when the mod situation got out of control, back in 2007. That's when several other boards sprouted up, and many people left. Maybe that's when "they" left, as well?:shrug:

Villavic 01-13-2020 08:29 PM

I miss John B. posts. I miss the Ledge in the old format, from the 90s. Not actually the format, since the current one is more practical, but the posts from that era.

bombaysaffires 01-26-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1254678)

Yes, that was a great one!