The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ticket prices/Rick Vito & Billy Burnette/Setlist (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57789)

Wdm6789 04-14-2018 06:04 PM

Ticket prices/Rick Vito & Billy Burnette/Setlist

Speculations on the ticket prices? They should be lower since it’s not the classic lineup. I paid $400 in 2013 for a floor seat, 8th row center. I paid $500 for the same seat in 2014 and 2015 when Christine came back. Without the Classic lineup, I think ticket prices should definitely reduce if they still want to sell out the big venues. Secondly, speculations on why they didn’t have Rick Vito and Billy Burnette fill in for Lindsey? That would actually be really cool and very fitting. Setlist speculations? When the news first dropped that Lindsey was out, I said I was definitely not going to see them, but after some thought, depending on the ticket prices and the Setlist, I might go if they play some of the songs they never have played live or haven’t played live in years. Of course I’ll wait to buy tickets until after I know what the Setlist is. I was also team Lindsey at first, but if he really wanted to do solo stuff and the rest of the band wanted to tour, I’m kind of on the bands’ side, I don’t think they should have fired him, at this point, those five need to stay together, they’re old and it’s the end of the road for them, Christine and John are in their mid 70s. It’s selfish of Lindsey to want to do a solo thing right now, especially after he kinda did that with Christine earlier this year, and he’s the youngest, he has time to do solo stuff after Fleetwood Mac is done.

Macfan4life 04-15-2018 05:25 AM

Lindsey selfish for doing a solo album? For real? He's been the glue that's kept the band moving over the past decade. If you call Lindsey selfish, would you call Stevie selfish? She left the Mac hanging to keep extending her solo tour. She wanted no parts of the Mac. Lindsey was not going to interrupt any Mac shows.
As far as ticket prices, I think they will be pretty much the same as last tour. I have also speculated why Rick and Billy did not get the call. My theory is because of Stevie. She wanted Campbell immediately. She wants to tribute Tom. I see it impossible to pick Rick or Billy. You pick both or neither. That is just my guess. Since Stevie brought Mike they just needed one more guitarist.

SteveMacD 04-15-2018 07:12 PM

The only unselfish ones are John, who always shows up, and Christine, who at the very least got out of the way when she didn’t want to do it anymore, bringing no further drama to the band.

Billy and Rick are great musicians, but they’re more sidemen than rock stars. Neil was the leader of two big bands and Mike Campbell was part of one of rock’s most legendary partnerships ever. Neil and Mike are in a completely different class, and I think it has the potential to lead to new Fleetwood Mac music.

I’m not defending anyone, but Neil and Mike are fantastic, bold choices for the band if they can’t keep the classic lineup going. I’m excited to see what Fleetwood Mac does and I’m excited to see what Lindsey does. Fleetwood Mac has been horribly stagnant. Lindsey wanted to change that, but Stevie didn’t, apparently at least not with him. Now I get what I want from Lindsey (new music) and Fleetwood Mac (something that forces them to change things up). Really a win-win, under the circumstances.

HomerMcvie 04-15-2018 11:19 PM

god, I wish you'd quit pushing this new lineup! With all due respect.

They're a dying band. They need(ed) to go out intact.

So what do you think about Neil and Mike? :lol::lol::lol::wavey::o

Wdm6789 04-16-2018 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223416)
god, I wish you'd quit pushing this new lineup! With all due respect.

They're a dying band. They need(ed) to go out intact.

So what do you think about Neil and Mike? :lol::lol::lol::wavey::o

Yes, especially with Christine returning when she did, the five of them needed to go out intact, that’s what upsets me the most, not to sound cliche, but they’re really going to break the chain now? Really!? Lol. I’m assuming it had to be really ugly for this to happen and for Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey to let it happen. They know the novelty of this lineup. I mean they did a world tour right after a world tour because Christine came back and they sold out every show.

I’m not familiar with Mike and Neil, of course I love a lot of the heartbreakers music, and I’m assuming the band has known him for a long time since the 80s at least. Neil, I know Don’t Dream it’s Over.

bwboy 04-16-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1223377)
Billy and Rick are great musicians, but they’re more sidemen than rock stars. Neil was the leader of two big bands and Mike Campbell was part of one of rock’s most legendary partnerships ever. Neil and Mike are in a completely different class, and I think it has the potential to lead to new Fleetwood Mac music.

I’m not defending anyone, but Neil and Mike are fantastic, bold choices for the band if they can’t keep the classic lineup going. I’m excited to see what Fleetwood Mac does and I’m excited to see what Lindsey does. Fleetwood Mac has been horribly stagnant. Lindsey wanted to change that, but Stevie didn’t, apparently at least not with him. Now I get what I want from Lindsey (new music) and Fleetwood Mac (something that forces them to change things up). Really a win-win, under the circumstances.

I agree, the more I read here about Neil Finn, the more excited I am about the tour. It can totally be a win-win for everyone. I loved Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, but as you said, they were more sidemen. Neil and Mike will add more energy and creativity then they were able to, I think.

I really hope the set list shows the strength of all the members, including the new guys. Their enthusiasm for being in the band has me enthusiastic now!

jwd 04-16-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1223424)
I’m not familiar with Mike and Neil, of course I love a lot of the heartbreakers music, and I’m assuming the band has known him for a long time since the 80s at least. Neil, I know Don’t Dream it’s Over.

I remember this one. Split Enz. Predates Crowded House.

guillamene 04-16-2018 02:37 PM

Setlist

I don't really expect many surprises here, apart from the fact that it will be very much based on Chris and Stevie's material. There may be a token blues number, but can't see anything from Bob Welch era as this would not be familiar to those who attend -who basically want 'Little Lies','Everywhere' etc. irrespective of who is in the band. Also based,on past experience, set list won't change much after opening night. They will play safe.