The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Neil Finn Album "Lightsleeper" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58059)

Sugar Mouse 08-25-2018 07:49 PM

New Neil Finn Album "Lightsleeper"

Neil Finn (along with his son Liam Finn) just released a great new new album called "Lightsleeper". Highly recommended. Fantastic songs beautifully produced and full of rich sonic treasures.

Here are some tastes along with an interesting almost hour long interview ...

DownOnRodeo 08-25-2018 10:01 PM

Dont tell Stevie

Fire That Man!

elle 08-25-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1234771)
Fire That Man!

:lol::lol: yup! using Mac tour to advertise his solo endevors? def time to fire him! just good business. right Jamie M? :xoxo:

next he'll tour solo in between Mac dates. ;) (didn't he already start? didn't he have some solo dates peddling his new solo album when he's supposed to be at Mac rehearsals? or did they scrap the whole tour while i was not paying attention?)

bwboy 08-26-2018 10:51 AM

Thanks for sharing- can't wait to hear how Neil blends with Christine and Stevie!

Sugar Mouse 08-26-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1234784)
Thanks for sharing- can't wait to hear how Neil blends with Christine and Stevie!

I'm obviously biased being a huge Neil fan but the new album (Lightsleeper) is incredible. Definitely up there with his best masterpieces Woodface, Together Alone, and Everyone Is Here.

BLY 08-26-2018 05:51 PM

Me too. I just bought it. I can’t wait to hear it. I’m still in a freaking buzz as it relates to this new line up. Crowded House has always been my second favorite band after Fleetwood Mac. My music worlds have colided.

DownOnRodeo 08-27-2018 12:57 AM

Neil Finn is great and all, but..

All this gentle rhodes piano and soft falsetto cooing sounds more like a recipe for heavysleeping.

pryderi 08-27-2018 10:06 AM

I'm excited to hear how their voices blend.

David 09-03-2018 07:44 PM

I gave it a listen on Spotify. It's not my thing. But the guy definitely sings on key, which will be a nice change of pace from the three lead singers of the last few years.

SteveMacD 09-03-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1235396)
I gave it a listen on Spotify. It's not my thing. But the guy definitely sings on key, which will be a nice change of pace from the three lead singers of the last few years.

My biggest concern with Neil is that he’s a little too soft, subdued. I hope having that rhythm section and lead guitarist might add something to his songwriting.

Sugar Mouse 09-06-2018 11:54 AM

TheWildHeart67 09-09-2018 04:37 PM

I've never cared for "Crowded House."
Neil Finn doesn't belong in Fleetwood Mac. He looked odd with them on "Ellen." And they sounded wretched. Stevie sounded off key, Christine looked like a prop lipsynching and pretending to play keyboards, and Neil's voice singing lead vocals just doesn't fit in.
It's embarrassing that FM is doing this.
Really embarrassing.

David 09-09-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1234787)
I'm obviously biased being a huge Neil fan but the new album (Lightsleeper) is incredible.

Those songs aren't doing much for me. I also played his 1998 album and there was no connection. If he has anything gutsier or experimental, can you point me in that direction? Also, I'd probably enjoy anything with a really delish hook, like Don't Dream It's Over. As for sound painting and experimenting, anything Kate Bush-y, like Leave It Open?

SteveMacD 09-09-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1236235)
Those songs aren't doing much for me. I also played his 1998 album and there was no connection. If he has anything gutsier or experimental, can you point me in that direction? Also, I'd probably enjoy anything with a really delish hook, like Don't Dream It's Over. As for sound painting and experimenting, anything Kate Bush-y, like Leave It Open?

This one always reminded me of Christine, something like “Remember Me.”

Angel75 09-09-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1236235)

If you want something gutser or experimental : Split Enz True Colours album, Neil wrote and sings lead on about half the tracks. Something hooky, go with Crowded House the Together Alone Album