The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reasonable ways to change up the tired setlist for 2018-19 tour. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57458)

Wdm6789 09-05-2017 01:04 PM

Reasonable ways to change up the tired setlist for 2018-19 tour.

We saw that Stevie and Mick want to change it up a little bit. I think the Classic West and East setlist was perfect for those shows where they had to cater to a mass audience. But assuming they get more "die hard" fans at a Fleetwood Mac concert, I think they would appreciate a few surprises.

Lindsey: Get rid of Never Going Back Again, I'm So Afraid, Big Love, and maybe even Tusk. I'm pretty bored with these live. Possible replacements: Eyes of the World, Not That Funny, Save Me a Place, and maybe a full band version of Big Love, finally. Go Your Own Way pretty much has to stay as his signature song.

Christine: I cannot imagine ever getting rid of You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, Everywhere, or Little Lies. The only replaceable setlist song of Christine's is Think About Me. I would replace that with either Hold Me, which could also be used to replace one of Lindsey's songs as well, Oh Daddy, which is kind of a dull song, in my opinion, but the "die hard" fans world appreciate it, or Over & Over, which could be used as her Tusk song. I would also love for them to play Why, although extremely unlikely.

Stevie: Like Christine, I find it very difficult to replace any of Stevie's songs. I feel like if they were to omit any of Stevie's signature Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Landslide, people would be upset. Personally, I could do without Landslide and Rhiannon. I would not throw Silver Springs back in either. I would definitely keep Sara and Gypsy, those are my two favorites from Stevie. I would enjoy Stand Back and Storms, Angel would be cool too. I would love Thats Alright, but like Why, extremely unlikely.

Blue Letter would be awesome. Oh Well would be cool, Frozen Love would be cool too.

Macfan4life 09-05-2017 01:39 PM

Oh gosh no.... NOT THAT FUNNY that's not funny :eek:
No Stand Back please

Stevie is playing Gypsy on her solo tour too. I am over Gold Dust Woman too. I do agree Never Going Back Again and Big Love need to never be performed live again.

How About
Isnt It midnight
Straight Back
Save Me A Place
Love In Store

bwboy 09-05-2017 01:43 PM

Interesting ideas you have there! The problem is, we all have different opinions- for me, Landslide is a must, but I'm sick of Gold Dust Woman. But FM would be smart to alternate certain songs. For example, do Rhiannon one night, and alternate it with Gold Dust Woman the next. Both are theatrical in nature and require intense vocals, so Stevie could benefit her voice if she alternated them, rather than doing both on the same night. Same thing with Lindsey- he could alternate I'm So Afraid with one of his other songs with a long guitar solo. Christine could alternate Everywhere with Little Lies. Second Hand News sounds similar to Eyes of the World, so Lindsey could alternate those. Doing this would create more room on the tour for more deep cuts.

Imagine Stevie singing Storms one night and Beautiful Child in it's place the next. Lindsey singing Save Me a Place one night and Never Going Back Again the next. If the band just alternated their set list even slightly during the tour, they could sing more deep cuts without sacrificing all the classics.

24karatstevie 09-05-2017 02:03 PM

I'd kill for Frozen Love, Why, Beautiful Child, and Angel.

secondhandchain 09-05-2017 03:31 PM

It would be quite easy. Add the following two songs or even 3:

Stevie: Straight Back, Angel (I don't wanna Know)
Lindsey: The Ledge, Save Me a Place (Walk a Thin Line)
Christine: Isn't It Midnight, Hold Me, (Wish you were here)

Remove:

Stevie: Sisters of the Moon, Landslide, (Rhiannon, yes it's tired)
Lindsey: I know I"m not wrong, Big Love, (Second Hand News)
Christine: Over my head, Little Lies, (Say You love me)

sands of time 09-05-2017 03:42 PM

Save Me a Place is a must. ISA and NGBA have got to go. Tango in the Night can replace ISA. World Turning is beyond tiresome. I wouldn't miss Second Hand News at all.

Say You Will should be represented somehow--Bleed to Love Her better not disappear. Thrown Down or Running Through the Garden would be amazing. Crystal or Long Distance Winner would make me jump for joy. It would be fun to hear Sweet Girl and Temporary One live again.

Twenty years ago it was fresh and exciting, but now Big Love has become a snoozefest. It would be neat if Lindsey did a similar solo arrangement for a completely unexpected song, maybe That's Enough For Me or Blue Letter.

A guy can dream, can't he?

FuzzyPlum 09-05-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1216307)
Lindsey: Get rid of Never Going Back Again, I'm So Afraid, Big Love, and maybe even Tusk. I'm pretty bored with these live. Possible replacements: Eyes of the World, Not That Funny, Save Me a Place, and maybe a full band version of Big Love, finally. Go Your Own Way pretty much has to stay as his signature song.

Don't think I could ever tire of Tusk. I think that might be one of the dead certs they'd never drop- its just too much of a crowd pleaser.

Angel would be cool. Following the Tusk rotation on the recent tours it seems as if its Angel's turn next.

I'd happily take a Stevie solo song or three if we could have some Buckingham McVie.

HomerMcvie 09-05-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216316)
I'd happily take a Stevie solo song or three if we could have some Buckingham McVie.

Amen to that. Give Stevie a 15 minute break in the middle, and let them do 4 songs from BV!

bombaysaffires 09-05-2017 05:20 PM

Must-go's:
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Big Love

Should- go's:
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Silver Springs

Add-in's:
Angel- it hasn't been worn out like the rest
Isn't it Midnight-- great Chris song and big LB solo
I don't want to know- never been done, why not?
Frozen Love-- homage to B&N before FM; was the song that hooked Mick
Oh Well- they need some homage to the band before B&N
maybe Sugar Daddy; I know some don't like it but it's fun
Seven Wonders- replace Gypsy with this
Tango - gives him a big guitar solo
Straight Back- this has such a great Stevie/Chris vocal interplay
I'd take Red Rover acoustic
It Takes Time... with Chris playing keys?

secondhandchain 09-05-2017 06:10 PM

There are others I would have like to have seen gone, like I'm so afraid, Landslide, Big Love, but I'm trying to be reasonable. Some of these will never go.

iamnotafraid 09-05-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1216318)
Amen to that. Give Stevie a 45 minute break in the middle, and let them do 10 songs from BV!

I fixed that for you David.

ryan4136 09-05-2017 07:56 PM

The older they get the more they will rely on what they are comfortable with.

dreamsunwind 09-05-2017 08:01 PM

The snail-paced NGBA can go. That unnecessary, super slow way he sings it now ruins it for me.

I'd love to see Eyes of the World live, similar to how it was on the Mirage tour.

I wish they would do Beautiful Child again like they did on the SYW tour.

I would also like to see I Don't Wanna Know performed live at least once in their lifetimes.

bwboy 09-05-2017 08:42 PM

Why do the same people always turn the threads they post on into something negative? Every single time? How about simply answering the thread without being negative? :eek:

HomerMcvie 09-05-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1216323)
I fixed that for you David.

Thank you!!! I'm sure you know that that's what I'd like!

But I think 4 songs would be the least they should do. I'll bet Stevie's people wouldn't allow even that.:mad:

iamnotafraid 09-06-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1216328)
Thank you!!! I'm sure you know that that's what I'd like!

You're welcome.

Stevie Nicks RIP 1973 - 1983

She will be missed.

HomerMcvie 09-06-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1216330)
You're welcome.

Stevie Nicks RIP 1973 - 1983

She will be missed.

It was a great 10 years she had!!!
RIP.

chiliD 09-06-2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1216331)
It was a great 10 years she had!!!
RIP.

She's just not the girl I used to know, so I had to put her down. (there's a blues song in there somewhere!)

HomerMcvie 09-06-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1216339)
She's just not the girl I used to know, so I had to put her down. (there's a blues song in there somewhere!)

Blame it on her wild heart.

And drugs.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FuzzyPlum 09-06-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216319)
Must-go's:
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Big Love

Should- go's:
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Silver Springs

Add-in's:
Angel- it hasn't been worn out like the rest
Isn't it Midnight-- great Chris song and big LB solo
I don't want to know- never been done, why not?
Frozen Love-- homage to B&N before FM; was the song that hooked Mick
Oh Well- they need some homage to the band before B&N
maybe Sugar Daddy; I know some don't like it but it's fun
Seven Wonders- replace Gypsy with this
Tango - gives him a big guitar solo
Straight Back- this has such a great Stevie/Chris vocal interplay
I'd take Red Rover acoustic
It Takes Time... with Chris playing keys?

Yeah, I could go along with this- though, as others have also said I'd add NGBA to the 'Must go' list. Also not sure about Seven Wonders...wasn't it a bit lame last time they tried it? (cant remember).

bombaysaffires 09-06-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216353)
Yeah, I could go along with this- though, as others have also said I'd add NGBA to the 'Must go' list. Also not sure about Seven Wonders...wasn't it a bit lame last time they tried it? (cant remember).

hmmm...good question, anyone know?

She was still in the throes of her cocaine voice on that one, maybe it doesn't translate well to her more measured voice these days. :shrug:

Buster 09-06-2017 01:21 PM

So weaving around the Stevie bashing. :cool:

I would love a complete reworking of the setlist but that's never gonna happen.

Stevie: add Angel and get rid of Gypsy or Sara. It would be brilliant to have Angel back if she could pull it off even decently. I'd also love I Don't Wanna Know but really feel like it couldn't be pulled off.

Lindsey: I'd love to never hear Big Love acoustic again. ADD CAROLINE.

Christine: What the hell, add Sugar Daddy.

Add 30 minute intermission for Stevie and her band to do Moonlight, Wild Heart/Bella Donna, Gold and Braid, Stand Back. :blob1:

FuzzyPlum 09-06-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216355)
hmmm...good question, anyone know?

She was still in the throes of her cocaine voice on that one, maybe it doesn't translate well to her more measured voice these days. :shrug:

I recall it was done on the last tour but dropped fairly early on.

HomerMcvie 09-06-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216319)
Must-go's:
Big Love

I HATE Big Love acoustic! GIVE US A FREAKING CHANGE! Do it with the band!!!!

Buster 09-06-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

wasn't it a bit lame last time they tried it? (cant remember).

I thought it was great but maybe just because I was so happy it was in the setlist.

bombaysaffires 09-06-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1216356)
Lindsey: I'd love to never hear Big Love acoustic again. ADD CAROLINE.

I was thinking about this one also... the verses are kinda lame but the chorus is great.... but in part because the bass line really funks it up. If he did it solo acoustic, that would be lost.....but I'd still probably be cool with it because it would be NEW and DIFFERENT:eek:

ETA: I can never make out what he says at the very end after the music dies out.... "I don't wanna..." something??? Anyone have ideas?

sue 09-06-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1216358)
I HATE Big Love acoustic! GIVE US A FREAKING CHANGE! Do it with the band!!!!

A-MEN to that ...and whilst they're sorting Big Love out..
Sort out....Never going back again.
I can't stand the way it's done these days, it's almost embarrassing.

FuzzyPlum 09-06-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216361)
I was thinking about this one also... the verses are kinda lame but the chorus is great.... but in part because the bass line really funks it up. If he did it solo acoustic, that would be lost.....but I'd still probably be cool with it because it would be NEW and DIFFERENT:eek:

ETA: I can never make out what he says at the very end after the music dies out.... "I don't wanna..." something??? Anyone have ideas?

I always thought it was... 'what have I done, what have I done, what have I done, what have I done aaaahaaaa'

StreetAngel95 09-06-2017 01:51 PM

Would be happy to leave behind NGBA, Sara, Bleed To Love Her, and Gypsy. I honestly don't think Tusk or I'm So Afraid should go - they are absolute tour de forces live, and they're always played slightly differently. As with Gold Dust Woman.

While my instinct is to ask for SYW songs, because of Chris they're limited to BTLH, but I think if you balance it enough you could do:

- Isn't It Midnight
- Tango in the Night OR Caroline (Lindsey could totally find a way to rework them and transfer to stage)
- Beautiful Child
- Love In Store
- Thrown Down
- Big Love (full band, a la Go Insane 2009 which SLAYED)
- Save Me a Place
- As Long As You Follow (shot in the freaking dark. one can hope)
- Think About Me
- find a way to add Stevie to On With the Show. It's just so fitting.

and I am SO on board with adding Oh Well back. That, along with Storms and Go Insane were my highlights of Unleashed. Lindsey always crushed it!

StevieandChris 09-06-2017 03:55 PM

Believe this is the same number of songs as 2014...I would love to hear.

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Dreams
I Don't Want to Know
As Long As You Follow
Rhiannon
Peacekeeper
Tusk
Angel
You Make Loving Fun
Fireflies
Bleed to Love Her
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Straight Back
Think About Me
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
World Turning (Encore)
Don't Stop (Encore)
Silver Springs (Encore)
Songbird (Encore)

bombaysaffires 09-06-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 1216365)
Would be happy to leave behind NGBA, Sara, Bleed To Love Her, and Gypsy. I honestly don't think Tusk or I'm So Afraid should go - they are absolute tour de forces live, and they're always played slightly differently. As with Gold Dust Woman.

While my instinct is to ask for SYW songs, because of Chris they're limited to BTLH, but I think if you balance it enough you could do:

- Isn't It Midnight
- Tango in the Night OR Caroline (Lindsey could totally find a way to rework them and transfer to stage)
- Beautiful Child
- Love In Store
- Thrown Down
- Big Love (full band, a la Go Insane 2009 which SLAYED)
- Save Me a Place
- As Long As You Follow (shot in the freaking dark. one can hope)
- Think About Me
- find a way to add Stevie to On With the Show. It's just so fitting.

and I am SO on board with adding Oh Well back. That, along with Storms and Go Insane were my highlights of Unleashed. Lindsey always crushed it!

definitely if Big Love stays it has to be the band version. He needs to let go of some of his sacred cows. For someone as innovative as he is in the studio, he needs to not be so staid live. No more of the speech that goes with it either.

Save me A Place has always been kinda bland to me...sorry... and it's charm is all about his harmonizing with himself. Not sure how that would go with the band. On a solo tour, with a lot of his pre recorded tracks stuff, I could see it. :shrug:

I gotta say Love In Store is not one my personal faves; it is another song that never really gets off the ground but just kinda drones. However, the vocals are nicely done and you have cool Lindsey and especially Stevie parts to it so it could totally work live.

StreetAngel95 09-06-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216369)
Save me A Place has always been kinda bland to me...sorry... and it's charm is all about his harmonizing with himself. Not sure how that would go with the band. On a solo tour, with a lot of his pre recorded tracks stuff, I could see it. :shrug:

I gotta say Love In Store is not one my personal faves; it is another song that never really gets off the ground but just kinda drones. However, the vocals are nicely done and you have cool Lindsey and especially Stevie parts to it so it could totally work live.

Agreed. We're at the unfortunate place, however, where they just don't have the physical vocal power to plow through song after song so it's a hard balance to find the right selections to excite the audience and actually sound nice.

bwboy 09-06-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1216367)
Believe this is the same number of songs as 2014...I would love to hear.

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Dreams
I Don't Want to Know
As Long As You Follow
Rhiannon
Peacekeeper
Tusk
Angel
You Make Loving Fun
Fireflies
Bleed to Love Her
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Straight Back
Think About Me
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
World Turning (Encore)
Don't Stop (Encore)
Silver Springs (Encore)
Songbird (Encore)

If they sang I Don't Want to Know and As Long As You Follow, I would be the first in line to buy a ticket! I know Lindsey didn't play on Follow, but it is on both of the FM Greatest hits album, and I bet the casual listener might think he's on it. I've always thought that song was a thank you to the fans for sticking with them throughout the years, and it's so damn beautiful. Would be awesome to hear Stevie and Lindsey on this.

Buster 09-07-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

I think FM performed Seven Wonders quite well on the latest tour. I wouldn't add it to the 2018 setlist,though.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR8Rb96AWpY

bombaysaffires 09-07-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1216397)
I think FM performed Seven Wonders quite well on the latest tour. I wouldn't add it to the 2018 setlist,though.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR8Rb96AWpY

yeah it's ok. her voice is so nasally it sounds rather different.

And its somehow just.....lackluster in that performance. It does not have the energy that Little Lies has on the BuckVie tour.:shrug:

Wdm6789 09-07-2017 02:14 PM

For Stevie, I think it would be cool to alternate Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman, add Storms and/or Stand Back.

Christine, you pretty much can't change any of her songs. I think Over My Head is a better choice than Think About Me though, it's more recognizable. Although if Christine were to introduce Over & Over "Some of you might remember this song, it was the very first song on the Tusk album" there might be a positive reaction.

Lindsey, please at least get rid of Never Going Back Again and Big Love. I want Eyes of The World or Not That Funny. I could also do without Second Hand News. Blue Letter would be awesome, but I would want it to be a band song with all three singing like they did back in the day.

Japhry 09-07-2017 05:17 PM

Please Please play Running through the Garden!

would also be nice to have Love In Store, Over and Over and "Murrow Turning Over in His Grave" if only for Lindsey's incredible guitar solos in that song.

Rod~A~Little 09-07-2017 06:10 PM

I think it would be awesome if they added the NEW Buckingham/McVie's Too Far Gone with Stevie's vocals on it and maybe Linsdey could drop the wore out Big Love and replace it with In My World. I was disappointed that they didn't do Carnival Begin in the B'ham/McVie tour. Christine could do Carnival Begin. It's such a "Fleetwood Mac"ish song!
I want NEW, NEW, NEW songs! Then, maybe I'll buy a ticket. They have got to change things up!(Shake the Cage) Otherwise, I'll just stay home and listen to their Greatest Hits and my vinyl Buckingham/McVie album!!!

:nod:

annabellee 09-07-2017 08:05 PM

MY wishlist is:
Nothing from the BuckMcVie album. There's already too many bathroom breaks in the set.
Let's hope there's new music from the entire band, then they can play some of that.
If not, then alternates from all of the studio albums that they haven't played since Mirage.
No solo songs either.

secondhandchain 09-07-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhry (Post 1216409)
Please Please play Running through the Garden!

would also be nice to have Love In Store, Over and Over and "Murrow Turning Over in His Grave" if only for Lindsey's incredible guitar solos in that song.

There is a better chance of being hit by lightning a thousand times in one day then them playing Running through the Garden. The songs is awful anyway.