The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Least Favorite Peter song from '68 Fleetwood Mac (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46530)

MacShadowsBall 04-12-2011 05:34 PM

Least Favorite Peter song from '68 Fleetwood Mac

Time to vote for your least favorite Peter song from the 1968 FM album.

The poll closes in 4 days. :)

slipkid 04-13-2011 12:43 AM

wow!

This is insanity.

"Merry-Go-Round" may have some of the best jazz/blues chord progressions ever heard from a British guitar player. Clapton, nor Page was ever that subtle. How bored are you?

doodyhead 04-13-2011 07:14 AM

least favorite poll

i could not think of anything funny

Evan Morris 04-13-2011 11:19 AM

Least favorite?

I don't have a least favorite Peter Green Song. For me, this is one of the things that sets Peter's music apart from others.
I may like them for different reasons, but I love them all. I hear or feel something new every time I listen to Peter's songs.

slipkid 04-14-2011 12:50 AM

Two votes for "Merry-Go Round"!?!?

I finally get *it*, fans of the post 1974 FM are idiots. Lindsay Buckingham tried in 1976 to re-create Peter Green, and it was a disaster. Look up "I'm So Afraid Live 1976" on Youtube.com. It's embarassing! How could fans of Fleetwood Mac hate "Merry Go Round"??? Do you UNDERSTAND what perfect blues/jazz chords are?? Or is it too slow to follow!?

chriskisn 04-14-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 964748)
How could fans of Fleetwood Mac hate "Merry Go Round"??? Do you UNDERSTAND what perfect blues/jazz chords are?? Or is it too slow to follow!?

Hmm...well I voted for Merry Go Round too. Just isn't my favourite song on the album. As the owner of every PG album and all the stuff from the PG era, I think I'm entitled to make that decision....

:)

EDIT: I think the problem I have with the song is Peter's voice which I don't really like on most of the FM album. I think it developed much more in later years

jeremy spencer 04-14-2011 04:06 AM

Get ready to duck, Chris...

[/QUOTE] EDIT: I think the problem I have with the song is Peter's voice which I don't really like on most of the FM album. I think it developed much more in later years[/QUOTE]

You've touched a holy icon on that one!
Join the club, I know how you feel when you express unpopular opinion.:)

chriskisn 04-14-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy spencer (Post 964792)
You've touched a holy icon on that one!
Join the club, I know how you feel when you express unpopular opinion.:)

Yep you can be sure I'm in trouble. I'm not saying that I HATE any of the songs on the album, just saying that it is my least favourite.

Give me post 1969 Peter or post 1970 Jeremy any day...

:sorry:

holidayroad 04-14-2011 07:38 AM

I don't hate 'Merry Go Round', either. It's a good song. The point was to pick a Least favorite from Peter's songs on the album. I like his other songs on the album better.

dansven 04-14-2011 12:31 PM

This is a stupid thread.

Wouter Vuijk 04-14-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 964973)
This is a stupid thread.

Hear, hear :nod:

chriskisn 04-14-2011 10:10 PM

Ok I don't come on the Ledge as often as I once did, so maybe there are other issues carrying over from other threads that I am unaware of?

Seriously though, has pre-Rumours forum really become about idolising Peter Green to the point that everything he ever played on is faultless and perfect?

dino 04-15-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 965253)
Ok I don't come on the Ledge as often as I once did, so maybe there are other issues carrying over from other threads that I am unaware of?

Seriously though, has pre-Rumours forum really become about idolising Peter Green to the point that everything he ever played on is faultless and perfect?

There's big differences in the visitors' attitude to music and maybe age between the Pre-Rumors and Rumors forum, simple as that.

jeremy spencer 04-15-2011 02:00 AM

Wondered the very same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 965253)

And why it has to be so fiercely for and against concerning pre or post FM, I don't understand. Especially with all the mud-slinging of late. I personally enjoyed listening to the Rumours stuff, even more than the stuff they did when I was with them to be honest. Pre or post, they are two different bands with the same terrific rhythmn section deserving the name.

Mario 04-15-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy spencer (Post 965312)
And why it has to be so fiercely for and against concerning pre or post FM, I don't understand. Especially with all the mud-slinging of late. I personally enjoyed listening to the Rumours stuff, even more than the stuff they did when I was with them to be honest. Pre or post, they are two different bands with the same terrific rhythmn section deserving the name.

Jeremy, of course both the band were fantastic.....been a blues fan I prefer the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac!

Then please don't forget that Peter Green was a genius and guess what?
He still is..amen

Mario.;)