The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie Joins The Voice (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53899)

welcomechris 07-08-2014 06:13 PM

Stevie Joins The Voice

Via ABC News: July 8th, 2014

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Stevie Nicks is joining "The Voice" as an adviser to Adam Levine's team for the upcoming season.

Filming is currently underway on the show's seventh season. Nicks, the 66-year-old Fleetwood Mac singer, has been working with Levine and his 12 team members as they assign songs and rehearse with the contestants in preparation for the show's battle rounds.

Levine and Blake Shelton will be joined by Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams as coaches when the NBC show returns on Sept. 22.

The network says it will soon announce other advisers for this season.

Fleetwood Mac is set to embark on a 33-city tour starting Sept. 30 in Minneapolis, with Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and his ex-wife Christine McVie.

welcomechris 07-08-2014 06:29 PM

I'm So Excited for this!

Fannymac 07-08-2014 06:32 PM

This might be interesting.......Adam has frequently said he considers Stevie to be one of the best singers of all time, and Phillip Phillips said she was the best mentor on "American Idol", hands down!

PenguinHead 07-08-2014 06:37 PM

Is she going to be on it for one show, or is it an recurring role? I think she will really do well as a mentor. Adam adores her, and I think some of their audience who may not be familiar with her, will also come to love her,especially for her unique way of phrasing her thoughts.

I avoided the show for several seasons, but eventually it started to grow on me. Very excited that she's doing this.

It was so nice for Phillip Phillips to give big props to Stevie. He's the real deal, very authentic and talented, almost like an old sage. He must have seen those qualities in Stevie.

Since the show is pre-recorded, will Stevie be on tour by the time the shows air? It's a good move on her part, keeping herself in the public eye. However, I hope she has time to work on her band's pending album!

editme2 07-08-2014 06:47 PM

This will be a good way to promote her new album.

I'm excited she's doing this. She'll be great. And from what I can remember, coaches are on multiple episodes.

James89 07-08-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by editme2 (Post 1134011)
This will be a good way to promote her new album.

Absolutely. :nod: She'll probably perform the first or second single from the album and on a show like this, that'll be good publicity. I can't wait!!! :]

AliceLover 07-08-2014 07:18 PM

This is so fun! But she looks atrocious in that video...sorry! It's the glasses!

Bandon 07-08-2014 07:26 PM

She's gonna be such a busy bee!

nicole21290 07-08-2014 07:38 PM

Get that promotion, girl! :D Should be fun.

StreetAngel86 07-08-2014 07:40 PM

Stevie and Gwen omg ... **fangirl spazz**

Danielle 07-08-2014 09:00 PM

Well, I'll just have to watch The Voice. :D
2014 is just a great Stevie year and I couldn't be happier.

lovethemac1 07-08-2014 11:25 PM

This is such great news. "The Voice" is such an interesting show, way more fun to watch than "American Idol" or any of the other singing competitions. Even my parents, who are in their late 70's, watch this show and really enjoy it.
It's a far more kind show than the others. The coaches are nice, they all want each other to do well, it's just one big happy place.
I think Stevie will fit in amazing.

Jondalar 07-09-2014 02:49 AM

If Stevie were 30 years younger, Adam would be asking her out.

louielouie2000 07-09-2014 07:25 AM

I realize this is an incredibly smart publicity move for Stevie & Fleetwood Mac, but I still can't help but cringe at it. To me, shows like the Voice are just beneath the iconic stature of someone like Stevie. Plus, Stevie has always been the one touting how important it is to leave some mystery of aura around oneself. A one off appearance on American Idol is one thing... but to actually be a part of the cast of a show? :sorry:

lvhlive! 07-09-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1134032)
I realize this is an incredibly smart publicity move for Stevie & Fleetwood Mac, but I still can't help but cringe at it. To me, shows like the Voice are just beneath the iconic stature of someone like Stevie. Plus, Stevie has always been the one touting how important it is to leave some mystery of aura around oneself. A one off appearance on American Idol is one thing... but to actually be a part of the cast of a show? :sorry:

OMG couldn't agree more with every word. To me she sets the trends, she doesn't follow them. I hate seeing her on all of these shows.. and to be honest surprised she would ever consider it like you said! :(