The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Own Personal Dance (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=26880)

stevierocks87 05-18-2006 11:40 AM

Your Own Personal Dance

If making the tracklisting of the Dance CD was up to you, which tracks would you cull from the DVD to compose the 17 tracks?

Mine would be:

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I’m So Afraid
Bleed to Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Go Insane
Landslide
Silver Springs
Over My Head
Rhiannon
Sweet Girl
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don’t Stop

I pretty much included all the Stevie songs, kept 3 of Christine's, and plugged in Go Insane instead of My Little Demon for Lindsey. I haven't actually made the CD, so I don't know if it goes over 80 minutes- it may.

So, how would you do the tracklisting?

:wavey: Adam :wavey:

strandinthewind 05-18-2006 11:50 AM

Hey there Adam - what's up?

I would pretty much go with your list BTW.

DavidMn 05-18-2006 06:33 PM

I wouldve liked to have seen Over My Head on it.:nod:

chiliD 05-18-2006 06:35 PM

I would've just made it a 2 disc set and included EVERYTHING.

macfan 57 05-19-2006 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD

I agree.:nod:

elie 05-19-2006 01:22 PM

I would have liked GDW.

On another note (and a bit irrelevant), I would have liked "Storms" or "Sara" on the Dance tour in the first place
I never really got why Sara was not performed live as often as other songs..And Storms..I have never heard a live rendition:(

skcin 05-19-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD

We agree again. Score? :confused:

If they were smart, next year they'd release a special 10 year anniversary DVD with backstage and rehearsal footage (I'm sure they tried some songs that didn't make it into the show, don't you think?) and a double CD with all songs on it.

But I'll play:

The Chain
Dreams
Say You Love Me
Temporary One
Rhiannon
Big Love
Gypsy
Over My Head
Landslide
Sweet Girl
I'm So Afraid
Gold Dust Woman
You Make Loving Fun
Silver Springs
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird

As a side note, I would have preferred Little Lies to Everywhere.

HomerMcvie 05-19-2006 02:53 PM

I'd rather have all of Mirage!!!!:blob2:

ryan8472 05-20-2006 04:18 AM

I like the CD as it is, but with Gypsy and GDW. :nod:

amber 05-20-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin
As a side note, I would have preferred Little Lies to Everywhere.

As a side note to this side note (a Far Side note?) I would have preferred Isn't it Midnight to both of those. But it is not as "hit" ish so I would not have expected them to pick it. It may have also sounded more dated. I wonder how they would have changed it?

MrsMcVie 05-20-2006 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would have liked a track with just John singing on "Say you love me". THAT would have been something!:thumbsup:

nix4life 05-20-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elie
I would have liked GDW.

On another note (and a bit irrelevant), I would have liked "Storms" or "Sara" on the Dance tour in the first place
I never really got why Sara was not performed live as often as other songs..And Storms..I have never heard a live rendition:(

i had read somewhere that the lawsuit over sara really soured stevie on performing on it - and back in the day when it was only the five of them playing without backing musicians - it was a hard song to pull off - not hard difficult - just hard in that there are so many layers of keys, guitars , vocals etc on the recorded version -its hard to get that sound live with only four people playing instruments - so lindsey worked out that guitar line that substituted for all the othr guitar parts - but i love the version on fmac live - just the five of them - but i think she prefers having the big lush version -

and storms - damn that would be cool - but i think again that would be hard to pull off in an arena setting - it is such a beautiful yet soft vocal - im afraid it would be lost in the rafters

- just my three cents (inflation!)

aleuzzi 05-21-2006 12:55 PM

Judging from these great responses a related question to the original thread post might be "Which 18 or so FM tracks would you have wished the Rumors line up played (and put to cd) on the Dance tour?"