The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kiss (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12784)

The Chain 01-09-2004 11:11 PM

Kiss

I am, and ALWAYS will be OBSSESED with the Mac, but kind of want a new band to "discover", and have favorite albums, and all that stuff... I am choosing Kiss, because as a little kid, my cousin used to blare "Rock And Roll All Night" and "Room Service", and those two songs were pretty great... So do what's your oppinion... Do you like them, or Hate them, or other?

golden braid 01-09-2004 11:54 PM

I think their music sucks! The lyrics are so cheesy and I don't think they're very good musicians. I saw them with Aerosmith this year and I did get a kick out of Gene spitting blood and Peter singing Beth just because that has to be one of the sappiest songs ever. But other than that Aerosmith kicked their ass.

darklinensuit 01-10-2004 02:55 AM

I never cared for them, but I was wowed by that cheesy amusement park thriller when it aired.:laugh:
Did you know they have super powers???
Now to cast the Mac in a similar movie.

- Jake

jadegypsy 01-10-2004 12:46 PM

KISS

don't know enough of their music to form an opinion, yet don't really have any inclination to care. Of course part of this is due to the fact that I already have a list of about ten to fifteen other CDs that I need to buy (none Mac related). I do like "R&R all night", but not enough to buy the album.

xdreamsunwindx 01-10-2004 12:51 PM

I hate Kiss, but I must say that their song Beth rocks. It's so pretty, a shock, seeing the band it's coming from :laugh:

macmar71 01-10-2004 01:05 PM

Not a big fan at all. I may have listened to them, had a couple of albums and had friends around me who really were into them but I was never totally impressed with them or took them too seriously. When I think of them, I think of cartoon characters.
As Jake mentioned their TV movie-Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park, very great acting skills for Kiss, NOT!:distress:

wondergirl9847 01-10-2004 03:06 PM

Eh.

Nope, don't like em. They are all about performance instead of music, IMO. The blood spitting thing, the costumes, the stage shows, it's all just a show. I don't care for their music, but my mom went to see Aerosmith (her fave band) and KISS when they came to Smirnoff last year and she said she was disappointed in Aerosmith (mainly because they were doing a lot of their new blues music) but said KISS were really neat to see. :laugh:

golden braid 01-10-2004 09:23 PM

Re: Eh.

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I don't care for their music, but my mom went to see Aerosmith (her fave band) and KISS when they came to Smirnoff last year and she said she was disappointed in Aerosmith (mainly because they were doing a lot of their new blues music) but said KISS were really neat to see. :laugh:
Aerosmith only did three blues songs and one of them was Fleetwood Mac's Stop Messin Around. :)

dissention 01-10-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
I never cared for them, but I was wowed by that cheesy amusement park thriller when it aired.:laugh:
Did you know they have super powers???
Now to cast the Mac in a similar movie.

- Jake

OMG, I remember that trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They even have it at my local video store...

Nope, I can't stand Kiss. I like to consider myself a patron of the arts, but not that art. :D

gldstwmn 01-10-2004 11:32 PM

I think Gene Simmons would be the major turnoff for me here.

DrummerDeanna 01-11-2004 12:06 AM

Never been interested in Kiss at all, I had a friend in like seventh grade who thought they were cool...she used to scribble their logo everywhere...but I never could get into them at all...

sparky 01-11-2004 12:24 AM

Kiss frightens me. Every time I see Gene Simmons' tongue all I can think of is that he used to date Cher. The visual about cripples me.

gldstwmn 01-11-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sparky
Kiss frightens me. Every time I see Gene Simmons' tongue all I can think of is that he used to date Cher. The visual about cripples me.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know! What the hell did she see in him?

sparky 01-11-2004 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gldstwmn
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know! What the hell did she see in him?
Evidently she didn't see it for long, whatever it was !

gldstwmn 01-11-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sparky
Evidently she didn't see it for long, whatever it was !
I think he moved on to Diana Ross after that. Ponder that one for a minute.