The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who was the first audition speculation (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57947)

SteveMacD 05-31-2018 11:14 PM

Who was the first audition speculation
 
Just for fun, who do you think the other audition was and why? Iíll start with two.

Dave Grohl: Because he wants to be in every band he possibly can be in. And, he owns the Sound City mixing board.

Rob Thomas: Hey, if he could restore Willieís faith in songwriting, who are Fleetwood Mac to not at least consider it? Plus, he knows Carlos Santana and the lyrics to ďNever Going Back Again.Ē

SisterNightroad 06-01-2018 04:17 AM

There was already a thread about this here, however I still say Steven Tyler, he's a good friend of both Mick and Stevie and a big fan of the band, including the pre-BuckinghamNicks formation; Aerosmith's live setlist have often included Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well or Stop Messin Around and he's a pretty regular FM concert goer. He has an house in Maui as well and frequently hangs with Mick at his restaurant with members of the respective bands along too if they're present. In late March his partner threw a big surprise birthday party for him in his Maui house and invited both Mick and Stevie, so he may have already been there for a while.

elle 06-01-2018 09:20 AM

I can’t believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily. She wants to be the boss, she doesn’t want Mick to be the boss. And Mick knows this, it seems pretty clear. That’s why he brought his friend Finn in, to make sure he still has enough power.

Feather Blade 06-01-2018 09:23 AM

Rob Thomas is an interesting thought.

HomerMcvie 06-01-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1229975)
I canít believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily. She wants to be the boss, she doesnít want Mick to be the boss. And Mick knows this, it seems pretty clear. Thatís why he brought his friend Finn in, to make sure he still has enough power.

Tru dat!!!! She would NEVER allow another (bigger) star in. It's all about her now. We get it, $tevie Nick$.

SteveMacD 06-01-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1229975)
I canít believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily.

And, Steven is likely to take something from her wardrobe and wear it better. Which would beg the question how many outlandish dresser can one AOR/mainstream band have?

ryan4136 06-01-2018 02:48 PM

Guys...it was Billy, he was the one that leaked a lot of this in the first place. He was informed he lost out and let the cat out of the bag.

SteveMacD 06-01-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1229986)
Guys...it was Billy, he was the one that leaked a lot of this in the first place. He was informed he lost out and let the cat out of the bag.

He might have heard through the grapevine about it. Some of us knew before Billy said anything, so itís certainly not unimaginable that someone simply told him about it.

Feather Blade 06-01-2018 03:04 PM

Didn't they say in the CBS interview that they auditioned people ranging in age from 26 to 60? (Christine teased Neil that he barely made the cut age-wise) Somehow it sounded like several people were considered.

SteveMacD 06-01-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1229989)
Didn't they say in the CBS interview that they auditioned people ranging in age from 26 to 60? (Christine teased Neil that he barely made the cut age-wise) Somehow it sounded like several people were considered.

No. They listened to people, as in on a stereo. Only two auditioned.

Feather Blade 06-01-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1229990)
No. They listened to people, as in on a stereo. Only two auditioned.

So perhaps several people were considered (in recordings), but only two made the final cut for an audition. Incidentally, you mentioned that several of you knew the Lindsey issue was coming down the pipe before Billy leaked the news. I was curious which grapevine had that information before that. I'm always the last to know everything! ;)

FuzzyPlum 06-01-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1229966)
There was already a thread about this here, however I still say Steven Tyler, he's a good friend of both Mick and Stevie and a big fan of the band, including the pre-BuckinghamNicks formation; Aerosmith's live setlist have often included Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well or Stop Messin Around and he's a pretty regular FM concert goer. He has an house in Maui as well and frequently hangs with Mick at his restaurant with members of the respective bands along too if they're present. In late March his partner threw a big surprise birthday party for him in his Maui house and invited both Mick and Stevie, so he may have already been there for a while.


Steve Tyler is a good shout. I recently read an article that suggests Steve Tyler auditioned for the AC/DC singing role that went to Axle Rose. That would suggest he's on the look out for a new band.

I'd still maintain Brian Johnson (ex-AC/DC) is the other person. I know he left AC/DC due to hearing problems but I get the sense he was ousted rather than leaving of his own accord. It seems as if he's undergone successful treatment recently. He was singing with Mick at his restaurant just a few days before Neil Finn played there with Mick.

Another shout could be Steve Miller. Didn't Mick do some sort of event with him recently?

SisterNightroad 06-01-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1229993)
Steve Tyler is a good shout. I recently read an article that suggests Steve Tyler auditioned for the AC/DC singing role that went to Axle Rose. That would suggest he's on the look out for a new band.

I'd still maintain Brian Johnson (ex-AC/DC) is the other person. I know he left AC/DC due to hearing problems but I get the sense he was ousted rather than leaving of his own accord. It seems as if he's undergone successful treatment recently. He was singing with Mick at his restaurant just a few days before Neil Finn played there with Mick.

Another shout could be Steve Miller. Didn't Mick do some sort of event with him recently?

I've read Steven also auditioned for a Led Zeppelin reunion years ago.
I've only seen this recently about Mick and Steve Miller but I don't know the occasion:



However I still mantain that Brian Johnson would have been a terrible choice, can you imagine him trying to harmonize with Stevie and Christine?

Storms123 06-01-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1229994)
I've read Steven also auditioned for a Led Zeppelin reunion years ago.
I've only seen this recently about Mick and Steve Miller but I don't know the occasion:



However I still mantain that Brian Johnson would have been a terrible choice, can you imagine him trying to harmonize with Stevie and Christine?

What about Mick and Stevie's Adopted son...Harry??? I mean--he practically auditioned at Radio City with them

Sugar Mouse 06-01-2018 06:10 PM

It was Billy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved