The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bekka looks good... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25573)

Brwn_eyes0511 02-19-2006 05:56 AM

Bekka looks good...

In this Faith Hill performance from 2002...

Phoenix 02-19-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
In this Faith Hill performance from 2002...

Wow, she is really working it. In a non-back up singer sort of way. If I were faith, Id be irritated that my back-up singer was trying to steal the show.:laugh:
I think the fact that she's there is really interesting. Faith Hill does really like Fleetwood Mac. She has said in interviews that she teaches her daughter to sing stevie songs, and when I saw faith hill and her husband Tim magraw in concert, they sang "go your own way"!

Miss Vicky 02-19-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Wow, she is really working it. In a non-back up singer sort of way. If I were faith, Id be irritated that my back-up singer was trying to steal the show.:laugh:

That's 'cause her ass needs to not be on backup duty (though she could work with Jonny Lang again and that'd be just fine with me).

Am I the only one here who would KILL to have a Bekka and Billy II?

Brwn_eyes0511 02-19-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix
I think the fact that she's there is really interesting. Faith Hill does really like Fleetwood Mac. She has said in interviews that she teaches her daughter to sing stevie songs, and when I saw faith hill and her husband Tim magraw in concert, they sang "go your own way"!

Bekka and Faith, from what I understand are pretty close. Bekka has written more than a few songs for Faith thoughout the years...and Bekka is usually on just about every song on Faith's CD's...as a matter of fact she is on EVERY song on "Cry".

chiliD 02-20-2006 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Bekka and Faith, from what I understand are pretty close. Bekka has written more than a few songs for Faith thoughout the years...and Bekka is usually on just about every song on Faith's CD's...as a matter of fact she is on EVERY song on "Cry".

I think the Bekka & Billy verson of "Better Days" far out-distances Faith's.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky

Oh, c'mon, Vicky...you KNOW you aren't. At least, not while I'm around. :thumbsup:

Brwn_eyes0511 02-20-2006 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
I think the Bekka & Billy verson of "Better Days" far out-distances Faith's.

I just think it is a great song...period!

But because Faith's version was the first I heard...and also because I was a Faith fan LONG before I was a Mac fan...Faith's version is my fav.

Boots 02-20-2006 01:24 PM

I'm not a big Faith Hill fan musically, but I really like her personally. I'm a big baseball/Mets fan - and her father in law was Tug McGraw (legendary relief pitcher for the Mets and Phillies). He died of Brain cancer a few years back, but during the fight to recover - Faith and that wonderful, hunky hubby of hers - did all they could to get him the best doctors in the world.

Sadly...not all the doctors (or the prayers) in the world could save him. But what a great deed she and Tim did. :o They still help his charities - and you can see the things they do on Tug's site (which still exists - even postumously) www.tugmcgraw.com.

I didn't follow FM when Bekka was on board...I presume she's the blond in the background?

SteveMacD 02-20-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

That's 'cause her ass needs to not be on backup duty (though she could work with Jonny Lang again and that'd be just fine with me).

You do know about "Lie To Me" right? GREAT song! Actually, great album. I saw him in concert a few years ago with Susan Tedeschi opening.
Quote:

You know you don't have to ask that. That album certainly had a lot of Delaney & Bonnie-esq moments, which is fine by me :thumbsup: But, for the next album, I'd love to see them add Rick to the mix and rock out a bit more.

As I've said on more than one occasion, I wish "The Dance" hadn't happened. I would rather have seen Christine retire (though making a cameo or two), Dave go his own way, and Mick and John continuing as Fleetwood Mac with Bekka and Billy. Here's what I wish the next album would have looked like:

Patient Heart
Victim Of Love
True Blue Love
Deal With It
Better Days
God Knows I Love You
Through the Walls
Heart to Call Home
The Bigger The Love
Soul Searchin'
The Game Of Love

BlackWidow 02-20-2006 09:09 PM

Seems as if she is trying to "steal focus"..hm...http://www.nicksfix.com/sn0013.jpg

Miss Vicky 02-21-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
You do know about "Lie To Me" right? GREAT song! Actually, great album. I saw him in concert a few years ago with Susan Tedeschi opening.

Of course I know about "Lie to Me."

That certainly is a great song and album, but I think "Wander This World" (the album) was superior and Bekka's work on it was steller as well.

JazmenFlowers 02-21-2006 10:37 AM

I like Bekka...I think she has an amazing voice, BUT she gets on my nerves. She acts like she has terrets (sp?), I wonder if Faith ever turns around and gives her a look like, calm yo ass down bitch, dis here is my show.

Everytime I drive past "Faith Hill" street I always think about Bekka and then think about FM and then think about Stevie...weird I tell you.

...but she is a talented songwriter and singer.

chiliD 02-21-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

You know you don't have to ask that. That album certainly had a lot of Delaney & Bonnie-esq moments, which is fine by me :thumbsup: But, for the next album, I'd love to see them add Rick to the mix and rock out a bit more.

As I've said on more than one occasion, I wish "The Dance" hadn't happened. I would rather have seen Christine retire (though making a cameo or two), Dave go his own way, and Mick and John continuing as Fleetwood Mac with Bekka and Billy. Here's what I wish the next album would have looked like:

Patient Heart
Victim Of Love
True Blue Love
Deal With It
Better Days
God Knows I Love You
Through the Walls
Heart to Call Home
The Bigger The Love
Soul Searchin'
The Game Of Love

Well, maybe Rick would've rejoined if that'd happened...then you could add "Got No Home", "Last Chance To Rock" (or Mambo, as it eventually became), "Bluestown", etc. Fleetwood Mac seems to thrive better when there are three writers/singers. :thumbsup:

SteveMacD 02-21-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
Well, maybe Rick would've rejoined if that'd happened...then you could add "Got No Home", "Last Chance To Rock" (or Mambo, as it eventually became), "Bluestown", etc. Fleetwood Mac seems to thrive better when there are three writers/singers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought about that, and I would have loved to have seen that happen. But, Bekka and Billy were onto something special as a duo, and I think on THAT particular album, another singer/songwriter might have gotten in the way. Though, if I could have any wish, it would be for a Fleetwood-McVie-McVie-Burnette-Bramlett-Vito album. I think there would have been a unique chemistry that simply didn't exist on BTM or "Time."

chiliD 02-21-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I thought about that, and I would have loved to have seen that happen. But, Bekka and Billy were onto something special as a duo, and I think on THAT particular album, another singer/songwriter might have gotten in the way. Though, if I could have any wish, it would be for a Fleetwood-McVie-McVie-Burnette-Bramlett-Vito album. I think there would have been a unique chemistry that simply didn't exist on BTM or "Time."

Rick had roots with Delaney & Bonnie, as well, so, even without Dave Mason, there'd still be that "keep it in the D&B family" vibe.

So, basically what your wish is, is the BTM lineup with Bekka instead of Stevie. Which at one point was nearly a reality.