The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unpopular Fleetwood Mac opinions (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56809)

Roxy 01-23-2017 11:13 PM

Unpopular Fleetwood Mac opinions

All apologies if a thread like this already exists!
I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually loved Sweet Girl and Temporary One and would've loved to see them on Say You Will.

Angel75 01-24-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxy (Post 1200420)
All apologies if a thread like this already exists!
I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually loved Sweet Girl and Temporary One and would've loved to see them on Say You Will.

No I am with you and like them both... Lyrically especially.
Obviously without Christine Temporary One probably couldnt have been on Say You Will but Sweet Girl would have been a great swap for Silver Girl.

My unpopular opinion is despite the guitar genisness (is that a word?!) of this song which is love, I hate Big Love LIVE as the sexual grunting makes me cringe from a >65year old man. With it being LB's fav song to perform live I think we're stuck with it.....

SteveMacD 01-24-2017 02:35 AM

I like "Easy Come, Easy Go", and think it would have made a great Fleetwood Mac song.

jbrownsjr 01-24-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1200426)
I like "Easy Come, Easy Go", and think it would have made a great Fleetwood Mac song.

It's grown on me. I think the pacing is too slow. LB would have sped it up. The arrangement is really cool. Good job Christine.

pattyfan 01-24-2017 09:43 AM

Here is mine. I have never liked I'm So Afraid, especially live. The solo feels interminable. (ducks flying dishes...).

Kevin

singertobe 01-24-2017 10:56 AM

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but based on the FM fanfics I've read I think it might be.:shrug:

I love Kristen. I think she's perfect for Lindsey and I really hate it when people say he only married her cuz of Will. I mean, can you imagine how that must make the poor kid feel? People really need to mind their own business when it comes to this type of stuff.

Oh, and I also love Kristen's interior design projects.

jbrownsjr 01-24-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1200442)
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but based on the FM fanfics I've read I think it might be.:shrug:

I love Kristen. I think she's perfect for Lindsey and I really hate it when people say he only married her cuz of Will. I mean, can you imagine how that must make the poor kid feel? People really need to mind their own business when it comes to this type of stuff.

Oh, and I also love Kristen's interior design projects.

You have no idea how bad it got when we were invaded with shippers. It was like politics. They would take any scrap of evidence to prove a thesis that even they didn't really understand. And they would attack anyone that disagreed. Even band members, etc.

singertobe 01-24-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1200443)
You have no idea how bad it got when we were invaded with shippers. It was like politics. They would take any scrap of evidence to prove a thesis that even they didn't really understand. And they would attack anyone that disagreed. Even band members, etc.

Wow! Are they still on the site? I haven't seen them here but they seem to abound on wattpad:shrug:

jbrownsjr 01-24-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1200447)
Wow! Are they still on the site? I haven't seen them here but they seem to abound on wattpad:shrug:

They have moved on to shipping other people in other bands. It doesn't take much to distract them.

singertobe 01-24-2017 01:54 PM

Here's another one. I HATE the dress Stevie wore in the Live in Boston show. Both of them. In my honest opinion, I think they look SO unflattering. She would've looked much better in the dress she wore for the Dance. Speaking of which, why doesn't she wear that one anymore? Its gorgeous!

louielouie2000 01-24-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1200458)
Here's another one. I HATE the dress Stevie wore in the Live in Boston show. Both of them. In my honest opinion, I think they look SO unflattering. She would've looked much better in the dress she wore for the Dance. Speaking of which, why doesn't she wear that one anymore? Its gorgeous!

Ahh, the Italian Widow Dress & associated Granny Cardigan. Those were truly a low point for her personal style. :p

singertobe 01-24-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1200459)
Ahh, the Italian Widow Dress & associated Granny Cardigan. Those were truly a low point for her personal style. :p

I know right? What was she thinking?

jbrownsjr 01-24-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1200459)

I loved Christine's red outfit for the Dance. Beautiful

JohnL 01-24-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1200460)
I know right? What was she thinking?

Wasn't there an interview with Stevie somewhere saying that the dress and cardigan were part of a request from Lindsey for her to tone it down? Something about sharing the spotlight since it was just the two of them now. I swear I read that somewhere. That just isn't her style as we all know.

dreamsunwind 01-24-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1200467)
Wasn't there an interview with Stevie somewhere saying that the dress and cardigan were part of a request from Lindsey for her to tone it down? Something about sharing the spotlight since it was just the two of them now. I swear I read that somewhere. That just isn't her style as we all know.

She wore it outside of Fleetwood Mac too though. And idk it just seems weird to me that when they were in their 50s, then Lindsey decided to ask her to "tone it down".