The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Band Interview On Sirius XM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57845)

DreamIsOver 04-27-2018 12:42 PM

New Band Interview On Sirius XM

On Sirius Volume Channel 106, the Rolling Stone Music Now hour long podcast is playing audio of the interviews from the "Life After Lindsey" magazine article. I only heard a bit of it on my lunch break but there is definitely stuff not used in the article, not sure whether there is really any new details in there besides just the tone of their voices as they answer. The only question I heard was one to Stevie asking what she will miss the most about Lindsey which lead to a long winded answer recounting their shared history going back to BN.

Looks like it will be broadcast again tonight at 8pm ET

elle 04-27-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamIsOver (Post 1225188)
On Sirius Volume Channel 106, the Rolling Stone Music Now hour long podcast is playing audio of the interviews from the "Life After Lindsey" magazine article. I only heard a bit of it on my lunch break but there is definitely stuff not used in the article, not sure whether there is really any new details in there besides just the tone of their voices as they answer. The only question I heard was one to Stevie asking what she will miss the most about Lindsey which lead to a long winded answer recounting their shared history going back to BN.

Looks like it will be broadcast again tonight at 8pm ET

where's that puking emoji when one needs it.

jwd 04-27-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1225191)
where's that puking emoji when one needs it.

:laugh: Yeah Stevie, give it a rest. If anything good comes Buckingham getting ejected from the band, it'll be not having to hear any more sappy lovey dovey Stevie Linds stories. But brace yourself for the how much Mike and I miss Tom ones.........

jmn3 04-27-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1225241)
:laugh: Yeah Stevie, give it a rest. If anything good comes Buckingham getting ejected from the band, it'll be not having to hear any more sappy lovey dovey Stevie Linds stories. But brace yourself for the how much Mike and I miss Tom ones.........

People will be clamoring for the Gypsy intro after they hear the 17 minute Stop Dragging May Heart Around story. It’ll be longer than the old World Turning/drum solos.

jwd 04-27-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1225247)
People will be clamoring for the Gypsy intro after they hear the 17 minute Stop Dragging May Heart Around story. It’ll be longer than the old World Turning/drum solos.

Those are beer break, pissing moments!

justcrazylove 04-27-2018 06:43 PM

You will spend more time in the bathroom than actually listening to music.

jwd 04-27-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1225251)
You will spend more time in the bathroom than actually listening to music.

You may need to depending on the beer breaks. It's a vicious cycle!

HomerMcvie 04-27-2018 07:17 PM

I give a thousand bucks if she herself could read these comments!

jmn3 04-27-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1225257)
I give a thousand bucks if she herself could read these comments!

I’ll toss a grand in too... :lol:

She should read them on Facebook live a la Mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel

dreamsunwind 04-27-2018 07:45 PM

Does anyone know where we can listen to this?

secondhandchain 04-27-2018 08:23 PM

I absolutely despise her for what's she's done.

button-lip 04-27-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1225269)
I absolutely despise her for what's she's done.

I know. I never thought I could hate her as much as I do right now. She's really on board of the revenge train with Lindsey. She truly can't stand him. :distress:

kak125 04-27-2018 11:39 PM

If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes and it sounds like she is saying hey now hey now so I am assuming they will be doing Dont Dream It’s Over.
They asked her what she will miss most about Lindsey and she said those early years were amazing and then talked about joining fm etc and she respects who they are and what they did and it will always be a part of her heart. Their relationship was never easy and it was always voilatile and always about the music. Its like old married couples and it’s hard and she is sad and she just wants to be happy. She sings around her house and wants that youthful feeling again and she feels it now like she is 20 and this is the beginning of something happy and everyone in this room is happy. Neil likes playing World Turning and Christine said he nailed it. Neil & Christine get along well.
Mick said there was no doubt to move on after Lindsey way gone and it needed a lot if thought. It had to be heartfelt and really right for the legacy. There were huge convos about it and it was challenging.
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun. It wasn’t about why couldn’t they wait for him and said they planned the tour for a long time and majority rules. Stevie said he wanted to put off tour and he had a lot of other things he wanted to do.
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.

bwboy 04-28-2018 12:08 AM

Thanks for the great summary, kak125.

BombaySapphire3 04-28-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1225281)
If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes!
They asked her what she will miss most about Lindsey and she said those early years were amazing and then talked about joining fm etc and she respects who they are and what they did and it will always be a part of her heart. Their relationship was never easy and it was always voilatile and always about the music. Its like old married couples and it’s hard and she is sad and she just wants to be happy. She sings around her house and wants that youthful feeling again and she feels it now like she is 20 and this is the beginning of something happy and everyone in this room is happy. Neil likes playing World Turning and Christine said he nailed it. Neil & Christine get along well.
Mick said there was no doubt to move on after Lindsey way gone and it needed a lot if thought. It had to be heartfelt and really right for the legacy. There were huge convos about it and it was challenging.
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun.

Stevie may be a treacherous you know what but I am beginning to think Christine is a senile old hag.

kak125 04-28-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1225284)
Thanks for the great summary, kak125.

You are so welcome I hope it makes sense. I was typing so fast there was so much to digest.

They mentioned doing Stand Back on the tour and Stevie said if an uptempo song was needed. Johh says he feels very comfortable with new members and it fits. It’s a new exciting chapter in the saga.

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes!
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun. It wasn’t about why couldn’t they wait for him and said they planned the tour for a long time and majority rules. Stevie said he wanted to put off tour and he had a lot of other things he wanted to do.
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.

Thank you for typing this out!

But it's all such a gross manipulation of the truth it honestly breaks my heart... i don't know if I'll ever be able to look at the band members the same way again knowing how they've gone about this.
And I NEED Lindsey to just a make statement saying what he actually wanted.

elle 04-28-2018 12:45 AM

i thought it was interesting they were all using exact same words and phrasing as in CBS interview. it was like a play, played again and again.

they will do for sure they said:
  • Don't Dream it's Over (i never doubted that as they used it as a hook in CBS footage)
  • Don't Stop Draggin
  • Oh Well
  • World Turning
  • maybe Stand Back - if they need an uptempo song

first song they tried all together was Say You Love Me

Stevie kept insisting that Christine wrote Station Man. Christine said huh, that was Danny Kirwan. then Stevie kept insisting that Christine sings most of that song. Christine again says no. Stevie then continues talking over Christine (she kept doing that every time Christine would open her mouth), and says whatever.

Mick says something about he and Stevie having to talk John into voting with them, that they had tons of back and forth conversations, the 3 of them, and they reached the decision. Christine says she didn't know about it and was surprised when they told her, but whatever, life goes on, she fully understands when Mick explained it all to her. yes she had great time with Lindsey making an album and on the road most of last year, but whatever life goes on. (is she on tranquilizers?)

Mick was his a$$hole self. i won't comment on Stevie, i'll let people listen and draw their own conclusions. we've heard again all the stories about her and Lindsey opening for Janis in front of 15000 people and her being cleaning lady.

interesting change - the package deal story changed (ha!) - Stevie was telling the story, in about 3 different ways, and basically Mick called "us" and then Christine had to accept her, and if she didn't, Lindsey wouldn't be in the band either because, well, package deal. but she said at least 3 times that Mick invited "us". i had to laugh. that FM didn't want her but just Lindsey and he insisted she comes in with him too must really bother her.

oh yeah we've heard also how Stevie knows "everything" about all incarnations of FM, and then she tried to describe them (because remember, she listened to all their albums when Mick invited "them"), and it was painful to listen to, very similar to the Station Man thing.

again, Mick and Stevie blamed Lindsey for the years of the same setlists (apparently they don't understands there are old interviews by both of them insisting they have to do only hits), but hey now they are free to do all that great old blues stuff.

they need to rehearse at least 2 months because hey now - their setlist will be so fresh so they will need more than just 4-5 weeks they'd need if Lindsey was still there.

oh and Stevie and Lindsey were never married, but this is like a divorce. (same phrasing as CBS interview and what ended up written in RS).

a lot of what they said ended up in the RS article, and you already know it. but it was interesting to listen the tone of voices, Stevie talking over everybody, etc.

Neil Finn seemed cool. like interviewer said, Mike Campbell seemed disengaged.

John said one sentence, that Mick is going by the principle the band always must push on - never surrender!

RS interviewer said it was awkward interview. that he kept wanting to know about the guy not in the room, while he was faces with all these people, 6 of them, in some kind of small trailer. he said that Lindsey comes across as much less mercenary than the rest of these people.

both RS interviewers' commentary that book-ended actual band interview was the most interesting part, since the interview we can see on CBS and read in RS, mostly. they commented about that Stevie cover interview they did back in the middle of the OWTS tour. the interviewer at the time said that putting her on the cover alone without the band certainly wasn't his first choice, but he was (not clear by whom?) talked into it since she is the face of the band, and had her solo album out or something like that, and that Mick certainly was clearly pi**ed about it at the time.

about all i can remember right now.

elle 04-28-2018 12:53 AM

oh and the guy who interviewed them said that Mick is basically an HR manager, just making sure they have enough hires that the band goes on. that was funny.

they concluded by saying that this almost seems like a new band version to have some new story to tell in order to sell the tickets on this tour, and then they fully expect the big reunion farewell tour with Lindsey. they kept referring to them something like the band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac these days.

my 0.02 - if this is so they'd look fresh and have a new story, why are they hiding behind a penguin picture with the band members' names around it in small print? wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 01:01 AM

I just listened to most of the band interview and I kind of want to cry now lol.

I love Stevie so much, if it had never been for me being so dazzled by Stevie Nicks I never would have become a fan of Fleetwood Mac to begin with. But this interview the things she said, it's just all SO transparent and obvious. I never in a billion years thought I would ever feel so negatively towards her? She's annoyed me sure but I honestly just feel really negatively about her now after listening to this and the CBS interview it's upsetting.

That goes for Mick too but I never loved Mick to begin with.

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 01:12 AM

Stevie acting like she feels so intensely about giving an ode to pre-1975 FM when she clearly hasn't listened to it enough to know that Christine did not write or even sing Station Man LOL.

elle 04-28-2018 01:16 AM

someone tweeting about it as they listened - some funny stuff:

@sorcererstevie

These people after they interviewed FM im in awe because they literally didn't believe one word that came from FM and they keep calling it awkward and bizarre and saying how key Lindsey Buckingham was to their sound and how they're acting like that wasn't the case TEA.

THIS INTERVIEWER IS SO F**KING FUNNY HFDJK HE LITERALLY IS DRAGGING THEM HE WAS LIKE "yeah it was weird because they DID play Oh Well quite a few times in the Lindsey era so" HE SNATCHED THEM

These interviewers are funny as f**k though the one that interviewed them later kept saying how tense it was and how awkward and weird it was and the other guy was like “um yeah the somewhat odd lineup” BDKSNF

I genuinely HGTJRFKD Lindsey literally hated greatest hit setlists he always liked to perform new songs and go back and pick rare songs and STEVIE WAS ALWAYS AFRAID TO DO THAT AND NOW SHES SAYING IT'S THE OPPOSITE AND IS BLAMING HIM MY LUNGS YALL

Stevie: Station Man from Christine which was one of my favorites-
Christine: That's not my song it's Danny's
Stevie: Well whatever song, YOU sang it
Christine: No no. Any ways.
MY LUNGS

Why is Stevie out here saying Lindsey never performed pre buckingham nicks fleetwood mac songs like do u want me to pull up Lindsey covering Oh Well 74839 times, Station Man, Hypnotized and The Green Manalishi

It's honestly wild how they're treating Lindsey like just another guitar player like BHRFNEDKJSL especially stevie y'all have literally known each other for 50 years i GENUINELY cannot believe this

Why does hearing Stevie talk in these interviews make me wanna die, get so angry and just heartbroken all at the same time

I literally have been so baffled at Stevie’s sudden intense love for pre bn Fleetwood Mac and we’ve all been like DJSF STEVIE NAME 5 PRE BN FM SONGS AND THIS MAKES ALL OF THAT SO MUCH FUNNIER FNKSNFKS

SteveMacD 04-28-2018 01:22 AM

Mick has always been Mick, always business first, always keeping Fleetwood Mac going. Basically, Peter Green, his hero and mentor, had an ultimatum in 1970: it was him or the money. Mick went with the money. Over Peter Green. Let that sink in. So, I don’t have much expectation of him beyond that. I don’t think he’s a terrible person, but he’s definitely business first. The other thing he loves is Fleetwood Mac, except when it stopped being viable and he already reconnected with Lindsey, which was more viable than keeping the Time band going.

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 01:41 AM

Lol if you listen to the whole thing and listen to the interviewers talking afterwards it's hilarious, they basically say that they think the whole thing is BS, repeatedly talk about how strange and awkward the situation is and that it doesn't make any sense.

iamnotafraid 04-28-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1225290)
...wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????

We all know that's exactly what they don't want.
All old bands (should I say brands?) count on the
casual fans that don't keep up with this ____ like
we do to buy those expensive tickets.

That's who I feel sorry for the most. The ones that
go to the show not knowing about Lindsey's firing.
There will be many disappointed fans.

This brand is tarnished.

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1225293)
someone tweeting about it as they listened - some funny stuff:

@sorcererstevie

These people after they interviewed FM im in awe because they literally didn't believe one word that came from FM and they keep calling it awkward and bizarre and saying how key Lindsey Buckingham was to their sound and how they're acting like that wasn't the case TEA.

THIS INTERVIEWER IS SO F**KING FUNNY HFDJK HE LITERALLY IS DRAGGING THEM HE WAS LIKE "yeah it was weird because they DID play Oh Well quite a few times in the Lindsey era so" HE SNATCHED THEM

These interviewers are funny as f**k though the one that interviewed them later kept saying how tense it was and how awkward and weird it was and the other guy was like “um yeah the somewhat odd lineup” BDKSNF

I genuinely HGTJRFKD Lindsey literally hated greatest hit setlists he always liked to perform new songs and go back and pick rare songs and STEVIE WAS ALWAYS AFRAID TO DO THAT AND NOW SHES SAYING IT'S THE OPPOSITE AND IS BLAMING HIM MY LUNGS YALL

Stevie: Station Man from Christine which was one of my favorites-
Christine: That's not my song it's Danny's
Stevie: Well whatever song, YOU sang it
Christine: No no. Any ways.
MY LUNGS

Why is Stevie out here saying Lindsey never performed pre buckingham nicks fleetwood mac songs like do u want me to pull up Lindsey covering Oh Well 74839 times, Station Man, Hypnotized and The Green Manalishi

It's honestly wild how they're treating Lindsey like just another guitar player like BHRFNEDKJSL especially stevie y'all have literally known each other for 50 years i GENUINELY cannot believe this

Why does hearing Stevie talk in these interviews make me wanna die, get so angry and just heartbroken all at the same time

I literally have been so baffled at Stevie’s sudden intense love for pre bn Fleetwood Mac and we’ve all been like DJSF STEVIE NAME 5 PRE BN FM SONGS AND THIS MAKES ALL OF THAT SO MUCH FUNNIER FNKSNFKS

I noticed that too lol I actually really liked these interviewers, it was so obvious how ridiculous they thought the entire thing was.

SteveMacD 04-28-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1225288)
Stevie kept insisting that Christine wrote Station Man. Christine said huh, that was Danny Kirwan. then Stevie kept insisting that Christine sings most of that song. Christine again says no. Stevie then continues talking over Christine (she kept doing that every time Christine would open her mouth), and says whatever.

In Stevie’s defense, it’s credited to Danny, Jeremy, and John, and Christine was clearly singing in the mix. Also, Jeremy Spencer said that it was actually Christine, not John, who had a hand in writing the song. (Remember, Christine was still Blue Horizon property, so there may have been legal reasons for it, and giving credit to John would have sent the royalty check to the right address, but who knows?)

Quote:

Mick says something about he and Stevie having to talk John into voting with them, that they had tons of back and forth conversations, the 3 of them, and they reached the decision. Christine says she didn't know about it and was surprised when they told her, but whatever, life goes on, she fully understands when Mick explained it all to her. yes she had great time with Lindsey making an album and on the road most of last year, but whatever life goes on. (is she on tranquilizers?)
No. She’s not happy about it. She likes the new guys, and wants to be a team player, but she had to be seriously pissed, if not embarrassed. They did it behind her back because they knew she’d be completely against it. However, Christine isn’t about to quit the band again. That said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if another LBCM project comes to fruition. She’s gone out of her way to talk Lindsey up and is making it clear she had nothing to do with the band’s decision, and Mick’s version of events supports that.

Quote:

Neil Finn seemed cool.
He’s a hell of a musician, and I’m absolutely blown away he’s in Fleetwood Mac. Like, he’s really the most compelling part of the band, IMO. Actually, I’d love to see a LMJCN version of the band, but that’s never going happen.

AncientQueen 04-28-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. And Stevie was respectless in the interview, talking aon and on over Christine. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted now.
Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?
#whoareyoupeople

dreamsunwind 04-28-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1225299)
She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted after reading that. Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?

I personally don't think it's true that she just 'didn't know' because it happened while she was in London. First of all, telephones exist. Second of all, I think that's just part of the story they're going with to make themselves look as innocent as possible: "Lindsey insisted on delaying the tour so he just had to go, it was all him, Christine didn't even know about it". Their lies are painfully obvious.

AncientQueen 04-28-2018 02:20 AM

^^^But the interview... Christine can't even speak without Stevie rolling over her like a truck. I agree that Christine plays the innocence card, but the inner band hierarchy seems to allow for that, noone calls her out like "It was your decision, too". She is a bystander and everyone's okay with that.

TrueFaith77 04-28-2018 02:23 AM

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1225298
He’s a hell of a musician, and I’m absolutely blown away he’s in Fleetwood Mac. Like, he’s really the most compelling part of the band, IMO. Actually, I’d love to see a LMJCN version of the band, but that’s never going happen.[/QUOTE]

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse or be rude, but i never liked the Heartbreakers or Crowded House. They r not in the same league as FM, Roxy Music, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bruce, Neil Young, or even Cheap Trick or even When in Rome fercryingoutloud not to mention 1000 other 70s and 80s bands. I would have been intrigued by Chris Isaak whose albums are not necessarily my favs but which I do think are the most beautifully produced American albums.

But these two additions make me ill even beyond the betrayal of Lindsey.

MoonSister75 04-28-2018 03:16 AM

I seem to be in the minority, at least compared with the most frequent posters in the rumours forum, but I'm quite excited about this new line-up. If there needed to be a change from the Rumours 5, then Mike and Neil are inspired choices for the type of audiences that FM will want to be reaching out to. I don't think I'll be going to any shows (I need my holidays more than I need FM shows right now) but I'll be interested to hear how the tour progresses.
Regardless of went on behind the scenes, my feeling is that the No1 priority for all remaining members is getting out on tour asap, whilst they are still are still healthy enough to do so.

There is a magic to the performances with the classic 5 line-up, but there might just be a different kind of magic with this new line-up. I appreciate Lindsey fans are angry, but I also appreciate why this change may have been necessary - I think the tensions within the band built to a point where it just became difficult to work together.

FuzzyPlum 04-28-2018 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1225298)
In Stevie’s defense, it’s credited to Danny, Jeremy, and John, and Christine was clearly singing in the mix. Also, Jeremy Spencer said that it was actually Christine, not John, who had a hand in writing the song. (Remember, Christine was still Blue Horizon property, so there may have been legal reasons for it, and giving credit to John would have sent the royalty check to the right address, but who knows?)

Yes, Christine had a hand in writing Station Man, though I'm sure the bulk of the song was by Danny.
In the same way, Jewel Eyed Judy from the same album was written by Danny Kirwan, Jenny Fleetwood and Christine McVie but credited to Danny, Mick and John.

Tango 04-28-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1225301)
^^^But the interview... Christine can't even speak without Stevie rolling over her like a truck. I agree that Christine plays the innocence card, but the inner band hierarchy seems to allow for that, noone calls her out like "It was your decision, too". She is a bystander and everyone's okay with that.

One thing that strikes me in hearing this play out - there was a vote. And on something as major as this, a crazy thing must have happened. Apparently the entire communication structure (phones, internet, telegraph service, etc) must have been out of order in London. How is it that Christine was not included in a vote on this, yet she was included on the vote that put Lindsey and the whole package deal into place? Her vote was needed then, but not now? Seriously?

BigAl84 04-28-2018 07:47 AM

Omg more of these same old stories that she somehow tries to tie back to the question asked....

Lindsey probably didn't want to do the older blues stuff because he probably felt there were songs of their own they could dust off and try, that hadn't been done before!! But now she's ok with Station Man etc after HOW MANY comments about people coming for the hits...

Lindsey should seriously just keep quiet for the next 6 months and let them really embarrass themselves.

Critics will eat them alive if they do stop dragging, stand back, and don't dream it's over. This is Mick Fleetwoods All Star Band, not Fleetwood Mac.

BigAl84 04-28-2018 07:56 AM

Sounds like it was a series of individual votes and Christine wasn't extended the courtesy. Mick and or Stevie made the decision, ran it by John and then delivered the news to Chris. They banked on the fact she wouldn't want to leave again, totally taking advantage of her and any insecurities about being new to the band again.

Regarding Stevie talking over Chris, she's just a rude out of control egomaniac. There's not a way to say it any nicer.

Kyle 04-28-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1225304)
the No1 priority for all remaining members is getting out on tour asap, whilst they are still are still healthy enough to do so.

Lindsey doesn't seem to be sensitive to this issue.

He doesn't seem willing to accept the fact the FM tour needs to be planned around Stevie's tour schedule.

This is probably this last FM tour that will include all four of the remaining members. I'm sure all four are quite anxious to have this tour begin as soon as possible. Every delay, increases the chances that someone's health will fail.

Lindsey is in good health. He can record solo albums and do solo tours for the next 20 years.

AncientQueen 04-28-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1225310)
Sounds like it was a series of individual votes and Christine wasn't extended the courtesy. Mick and or Stevie made the decision, ran it by John and then delivered the news to Chris. They banked on the fact she wouldn't want to leave again, totally taking advantage of her and any insecurities about being new to the band again.

Regarding Stevie talking over Chris, she's just a rude out of control egomaniac. There's not a way to say it any nicer.

ITA!

I personally don't like anything that The Heartbreakers ever did, they are soooo boring to my ears. Crowded House, well, generic or something. I do believe that Lindseys enormous edgy energy was the difference between FM and any other Oldies band. And I can't see how the comparative sleepyheads can wake up the band or the audience like he did in a life concert.

And there is still the total lack of respect towards Lindsey and the fans who followed the Five Fireflies over the decades. I can't seem to get over that.

jmn3 04-28-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 1225308)
One thing that strikes me in hearing this play out - there was a vote. And on something as major as this, a crazy thing must have happened. Apparently the entire communication structure (phones, internet, telegraph service, etc) must have been out of order in London. How is it that Christine was not included in a vote on this, yet she was included on the vote that put Lindsey and the whole package deal into place? Her vote was needed then, but not now? Seriously?

Yeah I think Chris is full of it and is trying to stay neutral....when she went back to London was it 1850 there? Give me a break...

elle 04-28-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1225304)
There is a magic to the performances with the classic 5 line-up, but there might just be a different kind of magic with this new line-up. I appreciate Lindsey fans are angry, but I also appreciate why this change may have been necessary - I think the tensions within the band built to a point where it just became difficult to work together.

here's what's interesting: it's not Lindsey fans that are the most angry about all of this.

i run fb LB group, as some may know. the people who are the most disappointed and the loudest are people who used to be huge Stevie fans and are now seeing her as something they never thought she would become. and BN fans who loved the relationship story permeating so many of this era FM songs. or rumours-era FM fans (vast majority, if you do the math 1975 was a very long time ago, people born after rumours 5 became a band are now in their 40s) who love all 5 and their magic together.

Lindsey fans are on the fence. of course his fans acutely sense the betrayal that Lindsey must feel. the non-respect, unequal treatment and non-appreciation of him by the band - because it's money money money for Mick (like someone here said - when it was between money and Peter Green, he chose money). most of us are not nearly as disappointed in SN, because we never thought that much of her anyway. if we already had some ambivalence about Mick, that now turned into complete disdain. we are worried whether LB is now, when not having the mac machine behind him, vulnerable to little industry games by managers and label that was always a part of messing his output since the mid 90s, because it is obvious that while he may be musical genius he has no business sense whatsoever., and people who he hires to do that part for him seem to be all wrong.

but we are ecstatic that finally - finally! - he is not wasting the little time he has left (you know, 10+ years :rolleyes:) with the stuck in a rut band, trying to push the rock up the hill against the bitter ex who keeps putting weight on that rock, to show him who's the boss now.

he can create now as fast as he wants to, release new music, and bring back into spotlight and on the road his gems from the last 20+ years that had stayed in the shadows because of his relative anonymity. he doesn't have to waste years he doesn't have anymore on the road rehashing old hits just so Mick can fill his coffers, his output in this century has been incredible, and he's on the top of his game. so no, Lindsey fans are just worried that he'll not get his new music out there and will just sit on it like he did at the time of OOTC and GOS. we are worried that instead of getting out there, he'll sit back and wait till this blows over, and that he's probably willing, with the right amount of grovelling to go back to the band that has been the masterpiece of his life's work. i really hope he stays solo from now on (no joining ABBA please!:laugh:) pushes out all his solo projects now as fasts as possible, and/or does some interesting collaborations with all the different artists who are salivating for the chance to collaborate with him (although he should seek out people, like Bowie always did, instead of sitting back and just saying yes when people to come to him!).

anyway, from this Lindsey fan......... because i saw several times being brought up that "lindsey fans are upset" so hope this helps you see the more rounded picture. of all the different groups of FM fans who are upset now, Lindsey fans are just a small fraction.