The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cheri Caspari (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39343)

CADreaming 03-21-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806913)
Thanks for all the info Luke. Very interesting. The AOL/Warner merger didn't happen until January 2001 officially. The timeline is curious to me...TISL was released in May of 2001 and by her summer tour Stevie was already making announcements that LB and Mick had rented the house to record SYW in and that they were working on her songs. If LB is done with GOS in '96 and then it's left to hang for The Dance in '97 - how/why is he then allowed to release the supposed frowned upon UTS in '06? Why does he not release GOS as his first post-Mac tour solo project?

Also, Stevie let it slip in '97-'98 they would be doing another album in "about 5 years" and that Christine would not be involved. SYW was at least in the plans that far back. Just part of the reason why I don't buy LB's sob stories about all his solo stuff getting "hijacked" for FM. Malarkey.

WelshWitchPMD 03-21-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 808138)
Cheetah Girls??

MmmHmm! I wish someone that was an eye-witness would share that story again.

CADreaming 03-21-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 808141)
MmmHmm! I wish someone that was an eye-witness would share that story again.

And that was right before the Tampa show? LOL.

marinnette 03-21-2009 10:07 AM

come on!! stop teasing! I wanna know, I need to know about Atlanta, Tampa...whatever.
and...did I read correctly? Maybe it's because I'm short-sighted...did I really read CHEETAH GIRL???

Nico 03-21-2009 10:12 AM

Please tell me it isn't this particular lot:
http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_kids/6-chee...-400cs1206.jpg

WelshWitchPMD 03-21-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808150)

No, it had nothing to do with Raven Simone. ;)

CADreaming 03-21-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinnette (Post 808149)
come on!! stop teasing! I wanna know, I need to know about Atlanta, Tampa...whatever.
and...did I read correctly? Maybe it's because I'm short-sighted...did I really read CHEETAH GIRL???

Something about Cheetah Girls (strippers from a club in Atlanta) being summoned over to the hotel the Mac was staying in during the SYW tour in Atlanta. LB supposedly kissed one of them on the lips in the lobby...I wasn't there, I just read about it by others who were there.

A couple of days later they played a date in Tampa and during Tusk, Stevie wouldn't go near him. She screamed at him "No Get Away!" (or something to that same affect) and he dropped to his knees, sort of begging her.

I don't know that the two events were related, I just like the Tampa story because it's so out of character for Stevie...

From all accounts that tour was high drama!

Nico 03-21-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 808151)
No, it had nothing to do with Raven Simone. ;)

I think I am beginning to understand who these Cheetah Girls to which you refer are. Mr. Buckingham I am shocked.:shocked:

CADreaming 03-21-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808150)

Hahahaha....I had to look it up....yeah, no that's not the ones. They wouldn't be considered "Disney" friendly... ;)

mgikallaroundme 03-21-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808154)
I think I am beginning to understand who these Cheetah Girls to which you refer are.

Mr. Buckingham I am shocked.:shocked:

Don't be. Cheetah Girls, Pussycat Dolls, always on the lookout for something.

marinnette 03-21-2009 11:22 AM

MY GOD!!!!

I'm in shock, not only for the events described, for what I've read between the lines...
Oh, LB on his knees beggin Stevie...I hope we don't have to wait other 5 years to know all the drama in the unleashed tour.
Coz I'm sure there must be some...come on, it's FM, it's Stevie and Lindsey spending time together, months on the road, long nights, sleepy mornings, drinking and smoking...drama is innate.

CADreaming 03-21-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme (Post 808170)
Don't be. Cheetah Girls, Pussycat Dolls, always on the lookout for something.

You mean, players only love you when they're playing?? :rolleyes:

marinnette 03-21-2009 11:46 AM

hahahahahahaah! that was a very good one, CADreaming! :laugh:

michelej1 03-21-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinnette (Post 808171)
MY GOD!!!!

I'm in shock, not only for the events described, for what I've read between the lines...
Oh, LB on his knees beggin Stevie...I hope we don't have to wait other 5 years to know all the drama in the unleashed tour.

A lot of people wrote about the Florida show in their reviews at the time. Actually, they have seemed to be fighting at two different concerts in Florida. Michele

Nico 03-21-2009 04:33 PM

I never once got the impression that Lindsey had a roving eye. I mean, looking (to me) isn't the same as grabbing-and from what I am deciphering from these posts I guess he has been doing some of the latter.

I have to say quickly that I am GLAD in every way imaginable that these Cheetah Girls weren't the little Disney pre-teens I posted. I immediately thought that what happened was one of Lindsey's daughters had begged her father to have them come to their hotel for an intimate concert/meet 'n' greet (such things happen: a wealthy friend of mine actually had one of these teen stars to visit her sick daughter) and Lindsey tried something with them. :distress: I probably would have lost a great deal of respect. However, now that I read he was just being a dirty little whore, albeit legally, I guess it can slide with less tension. Though I don't blame Kristen one bit for guarding her territory, if he really is such a scoundrel.