The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An idea for Sisters (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39837)

louielouie2000 04-10-2009 08:45 AM

An idea for Sisters

So I have a little idea that might help get Sisters of the Moon back into the set. Why don't we start making posters for our concerts with "Sisters of the Moon" written on them? Might be a good way to let the band know that fans are really wanting to hear the song again. Can't hurt :shrug: .

MacMan 04-10-2009 09:18 AM

kinda like protest signs... That and if every fan that buys the "meet and greet" could mention it... that's another way.

shackin'up 04-10-2009 09:38 AM

I want Frozen Love, or Crystal or I Don't Want To Know or That's Alright, or Crying in the Night, Long Distance Winner, Illume, or Thrown Down alot more in the set than Sisters of the Moon. She can't sing that song with the same passion anymore.

louielouie2000 04-10-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 813977)
I want Frozen Love, or Crystal or I Don't Want To Know or That's Alright, or Crying in the Night, Long Distance Winner, Illume, or Thrown Down alot more in the set than Sisters of the Moon. She can't sing that song with the same passion anymore.

She doesn't really sing any of her songs with much passion these days though :shrug: . But I agree, I'd love to hear ANY of the songs you listed! :thumbsup:

Skyveris 04-10-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 813983)
She doesn't really sing any of her songs with much passion these days though :shrug: . But I agree, I'd love to hear ANY of the songs you listed! :thumbsup:

As would I! Especially Thrown Down and Frozen Love. However, Sisters of the Moon would be my first choice, although it's probably unlikely that she could muster the requisite intensity to pull off that song anymore, but I hope upon hope to be proven wrong on that in the near future.

-Matt

dnightshade 04-10-2009 10:53 AM

I have a feeling she already knows how much people want to hear SOTM, but it's difficult to just change a set in the middle of a tour.

Gypsycat999 04-10-2009 11:02 AM

I'd love to see her singing ANY Buckingham Nicks song they're not already doing. But for any reason she doesn't seem to want that. Of course, it would be different than in the 70s but I'm sure it'd still be awesome. And I'd LOVE to hear SOTM...

goldustsongbird 04-10-2009 06:32 PM

What's with the damn Sisters obsession? :laugh: I bet if she did it, half the people who were pulling for it would be complaining because she modified it too much to fit her current voice. She can't pull it off anymore.

carrie721 04-10-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 814074)
She can't pull it off anymore.

let's hope not.

put it back on, stevie!

goldustsongbird 04-10-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 814076)
let's hope not.

put it back on, stevie!

tgmdc! I didn't know she owned Jeremy Spencer's infamous dildo.

Hawkeye 04-10-2009 09:24 PM

You people are crazy if you don't think Stevie has the ability or the intensity to do this danmed song. The only songs she is lazy with these days are the songs people who go crazy for if she spoke them without any music playing (Rhiannon, Dreams, Gypsy) She almost always comes through with a lesser known song. And again this is NOT a hard song to sing. In fact there is very little singing to do. In fact the slow moodiness of the song is right up Stevie's alley these days. She can do a few short passionate lines and then during the instrumentals slink into the shadows while Lindsey and the guys kick the **** out of it. And we've all seen the recent Silver Springs, she can be INTENSE.

Phoenix 04-10-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 814110)
You people are crazy if you don't think Stevie has the ability or the intensity to do this danmed song. The only songs she is lazy with these days are the songs people who go crazy for if she spoke them without any music playing (Rhiannon, Dreams, Gypsy) She almost always comes through with a lesser known song. And again this is NOT a hard song to sing. In fact there is very little singing to do. In fact the slow moodiness of the song is right up Stevie's alley these days. She can do a few short passionate lines and then during the instrumentals slink into the shadows while Lindsey and the guys kick the **** out of it. And we've all seen the recent Silver Springs, she can be INTENSE.

***Exacally.

louielouie2000 04-10-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 814110)

I agree. Not all historic performances of the song were as wild as the Mirage version either, something I think people fail to recognize.

Hawkeye 04-10-2009 09:50 PM

The only thing she couldn't do now is do the ending she did on the Mirage video, but she didn't do that ending back on the Tusk or even the Mirage tour. That tounges thing was a one time thing almost. She didn't do THAT in Baton Rouge or Memphis shows from that same short 27 date tour. She can do Memphis 82 now. She can do Atlanta 80 and St. Louis 79 (my personal favorite)

carrie721 04-11-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 814080)
tgmdc! I didn't know she owned Jeremy Spencer's infamous dildo.

wait.

what?

:lol: