The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie's Nationality (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17753)

TamiP9981 01-18-2005 07:01 PM

Stevie's Nationality

I was wondering, just out of curiosity and boredom, if anyone knows what nationality Stevie is?

joe 01-18-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamiP9981
I was wondering, just out of curiosity and boredom, if anyone knows what nationality Stevie is?

don't feel bad about asking this....i did it once before and i believe they posted that she was part German and i don't remember what else.

So, ya got part of your answer! Maybe English was another part.

amber 01-18-2005 07:42 PM

I think her Grandpa was Scottish...

Enchanted_Stevi 01-18-2005 08:16 PM

Re: Stevie's nationality

I was wondering this too.....I think she is Italian cause she seems to talk with her handsa and a lot of ppl I know are italian and they talk with there hands....so I think Stevie is part italian.....PLUS, I'm italian too...lol

LilyRose 01-18-2005 08:24 PM

Yeah, I always thought she was part German and maybe Irish. Maybe this is a question for "Ask Stevie".

Shanna, you're half of what I am! I'm German, Irish, Scottish, Native American, Basque, and Mexican.

Susie

DeeGeMe 01-18-2005 08:24 PM

I'm mostly Irish, with some English, Welsh & French mixed in, but not a drop of Italian blood and I can tell you that I use my hands so much when I talk that you'd think I was using sign language! My entire family is like that-I think it's cultural more so than anything else and I guess my family was big on the body language!

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 08:32 PM

Well, I'm sure her nationality is American. ;)

amber 01-18-2005 09:09 PM

I really think i read somewhere that she is Scottish, Irish, and a little Native. I'm pretty sure she's not Italian... :distress: :laugh:

TamiP9981 01-18-2005 10:25 PM

nationality

OH, i know she's american, and proud of it like we all are, but i think people's ancertory is interesting. Even though we are all americans people are still proud of where their family's come from. We all wear cladagh rings ( like i am right now ) and italian crosses and what-not. SO i thought it would be cool to know what nationality or nationalitys our Stevie is.

WildInTheWind 01-19-2005 10:34 AM

Yea I don't think she is Italian, either. I am alot of Italian (with a lil german and irish) and I don't talk with my hands at all. I have heard she was scottish and german.
~*~becky~*~

cliffdweller 01-19-2005 02:22 PM

This is an interesting topic. I'd guess that "Nicks" is British, that is, if this is the name that survived from the original from wherever her ancestors came from.

I wonder what her mother's maiden name is.

StevieNicksEO17 01-19-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Yea I don't think she is Italian, either. I am alot of Italian (with a lil german and irish) and I don't talk with my hands at all. I have heard she was scottish and german.
~*~becky~*~

That's exactly what I am!! :D Except I do talk with my hands...My dad tells me if I sat on my hands I wouldn't be able to talk :lol:

WildInTheWind 01-19-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
That's exactly what I am!! :D Except I do talk with my hands...My dad tells me if I sat on my hands I wouldn't be able to talk :lol:

Hey that's cool! My dad is 100% Italian, and my mom German and Irish. I was never a hand talker. Actually I don't talk with my mouth much either! I'm just quiet. :angel:

~*~becky~*~

Little Nicki 01-19-2005 03:23 PM

If you look at NICKS...it's an English/Scottish/Irish name.

marmotgirl 01-19-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Nicki
If you look at NICKS...it's an English/Scottish/Irish name.

I don't think you'd find many 'Nicks' in Scotland (believe me, I'd notice!), but plenty of Nicols, Nicholls, and various other things that it could be derived from.

I actually do know someone called Stevie Nicol. And despite being a guy he has almost perfect Tango-Stevie hair ;)

(Delurking after about three years, go team me! :thumbsup: )