The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tickets are on sale for the 2 day screening of "24 Karst Gold Tour" concert movie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59034)

TheWildHeart67 09-23-2020 07:07 PM

Tickets are on sale for the 2 day screening of "24 Karst Gold Tour" concert movie

The pre-sale started at stevienicksfilms.com
It is screening in around 7 movie theaters in my area in South Florida. I got 2 tickets for the October 2st 7pm at a Cinemark in Boca Raton.
I think it'll be fun.
I think it will start being available to stream shortly after the screenings, as well as DVD.

TheWildHeart67 09-23-2020 07:11 PM

Can a moderator please fix the spelling of"KARAT" in the thread title please?

tothegypsy 09-23-2020 08:30 PM

I was hoping for an outdoor venue or drive-in, but no such luck. I have no interest in indoor movie theaters during the pandemic.

TheWildHeart67 09-23-2020 10:50 PM

@tothegypsy,
Ya I understand that. I'm personally not worried as movie theaters are limited capacity, and I don't expect many people to be in the audience
I'm glad this is screening, because the sooner it screens the sooner it gets released to DVD and streaming platforms.
I've noticed more and more artists are releasing concert films theatrically for limited screenings.
Documentaries too. They are basically streamed to the digital projectors, so they can easily do a nationwide theatrical release for screenings on 2 days, get a little buzz going, and then expand to the home market. I think it's a pretty cool idea actually.

secondhandchain 09-23-2020 11:29 PM

these movie theaters showing this "film" will be the safest places on the planet. Talk about social distancing!

Jondalar 09-24-2020 02:13 AM

I recently went to movie called The New Mutants. They had social distancing. Tickets were sold so that there were two seats in between each people. You could take your masks off once you were seated. It wasnt bad.

I’m not really afraid of this virus but a lot of people seem to be.

Steviegirl 09-26-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1260131)
these movie theaters showing this "film" will be the safest places on the planet. Talk about social distancing!

Bwah! I remember going to our local art house, (before I despised Stevie), to see In Your Dreams, and I ran to the ticket box and exclaimed, "Is it sold out?!" He responded with an incredulous and underwhelmed, "No." My sister and I were two of four people in the whole theater.

bwboy 09-26-2020 05:42 PM

As a fan of the band, I'm happy any member has the ability to have a concert presented on the big screen.

HomerMcvie 09-27-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1260184)
Bwah! I remember going to our local art house, (before I despised Stevie), to see In Your Dreams, and I ran to the ticket box and exclaimed, "Is it sold out?!" He responded with an incredulous and underwhelmed, "No." My sister and I were two of four people in the whole theater.

She's quite the draw.

At least that's what Karen tells her...

"Oh Stevie, the radio stations gave away HUNDREDS of passes. That's why they only sold four tickets!"