The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5 Announced Fleetwood Mac 2009 Tour Dates (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38272)

Enchanted_Stevi 12-03-2008 02:23 PM

5 Announced Fleetwood Mac 2009 Tour Dates

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7759/tourdh5.jpg

Enchanted_Stevi 12-03-2008 02:28 PM

LOS ANGELES, Dec 03, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Legendary supergroup Fleetwood Mac will be embarking on their first concert tour in five years on March 1st at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena and will include all the Mac's many greatest hits from over the course of one of rock's most enduring and influential bands of our time.
"We love our band and think the title of the tour "UNLEASHED" perfectly describes how we all feel when we get on stage together -- especially in 2009. We're so happy to get back out on the road, perform everyone's favorite songs and see our fans," said the band in a joint statement.
Tickets for the Live Nation produced tour go on sale to the public on December 15th at http://www.LiveNation.com and ticketmaster.com. American Express Cardmembers will have early access to tickets beginning December 8th at 10am local time through December 14th at 10pm local time at http://www.ticketmaster.com, excluding Uncasville, Ottawa and Montreal. American Express presale tickets for the Albany, NY show are available at http://www.tickets.com
The first 16 dates of the historic "UNLEASHED" tour will include stops in New York, Boston, Washington and Montreal, it was confirmed today by Live Nation, the tour's national promoter (tour dates listed below). Fleetwood Mac, the multi-Grammy (R) award winning Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees will continue the "UNLEASHED" tour throughout the Spring and Summer. Additional dates to be announced shortly.
In other great Fleetwood Mac news, the iconographic 'RUMOURS' CD (certified Diamond (R) signifying sales of over 10 million units by the RIAA) is scheduled to be re-released as part of a special CD/DVD boxed set on Reprise Records in conjunction with the tour dates. The boxed set will include previously unreleased tracks recorded during the making of 'RUMOURS' as well as a DVD component with never before seen footage of the band.
I Love All Access to provide a variety of VIP packages for the tour including premium seats.

FLEETWOOD MAC 'UNLEASHED' TOUR DATES 2009

Date City Venue
Sunday, March 1st Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena
Tuesday, March 3rd St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Thursday, March 5th Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Sunday, March 8th Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Tuesday, March 10th Washington, DC Verizon Center
Wednesday, March 11th Boston, MA TD Banknorth Arena
Friday, March 13th Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum
Saturday, March 14th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
Monday, March 16th Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
Tuesday, March 17th Albany, NY Times Union Center
Thursday, March 19th New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Saturday, March 21st East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
Tuesday, March 24th Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place
Wednesday, March 25th Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Thursday, March 26th Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

SOURCE Warner Bros./Reprise Records

macpai 12-03-2008 02:30 PM

Yayayayayayayyyyyyyy!:]

gldstwmn 12-03-2008 03:08 PM

I can't believe it's been five years since Say You Will.

SuzeQuze 12-03-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 786495)
I can't believe it's been five years since Say You Will.

^ Me neither. And "Unleashed"? Sorry but that cracks me up!

Ooh, and I just read the stuff about getting previously unreleased stuff. Cool.

gldstwmn 12-03-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQuze (Post 786500)
^ Me neither. And "Unleashed"? Sorry but that cracks me up!

I know. Unleashed from what? Are they being held hostage over on Maui or something?

shackin'up 12-03-2008 03:22 PM

early march! :eek:

That's close!

shackin'up 12-03-2008 03:24 PM

Unleashed from Buckingham-who-always-wants-to-play-things-of-new-albums!

gldstwmn 12-03-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 786491)
In other great Fleetwood Mac news, the iconographic 'RUMOURS' CD (certified Diamond (R) signifying sales of over 10 million units by the RIAA) is scheduled to be re-released as part of a special CD/DVD boxed set on Reprise Records in conjunction with the tour dates. The boxed set will include previously unreleased tracks recorded during the making of 'RUMOURS' as well as a DVD component with never before seen footage of the band.

What else is there as far as unreleased tracks? I don't want another version of Mick The Screecher. I'd rather have some Mirage outtakes. As for the DVD portion, I'm expecting a nice upgrade of a lot of the stuff that's already floating around out there in the trade community.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 786491)
I Love All Access to provide a variety of VIP packages for the tour including premium seats.

Thanks goodness they've decided not to fiddle with the fukcing fan club for this again and have put in in the hands of the experienced. It's going to be expensive though.

jbrownsjr 12-03-2008 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=SuzeQuze;786500]^ Me neither. And "Unleashed"? Sorry but that cracks me up!

QUOTE]

Unleashed from boredom...

MiniLindsey 12-03-2008 03:47 PM

3 dates in the New York metro and none in Philadelphia? :shocked:

michelej1 12-03-2008 03:52 PM

Pollstar

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=12052

Announcing Fleetwood Mac
Wednesday, Dec 3, 2008 11:45AM

We knew a big tour announcement was coming but we didn't know what it was until now. Ready? Fleetwood Mac.

The supergroup has reunited - again - and is launching its tour at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena March 1. The tour coincides with a new greatest hits compilation called Unleashed that contains never before seen footage and previously unreleased tracks.

"We love our band and think the title of the tour, 'Unleashed,' perfectly describes how we all feel when we get on stage together, especially in 2009," the band said in a joint statement. ""We're so happy to get back out on the road, perform everyone's favorite songs and see our fans."

The statement does not list the members, but it's assumed Fleetwood Mac is certainly the famed roll call of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Christine McVie left the group in 1997 and her name isn't mentioned in the release.

Tickets for the Live Nation-produced tour go on sale Dec. 15. Dates include Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C., Boston, New York, Montreal and Toronto. The jaunt is so far booked through March 26.

LukeA 12-03-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniLindsey (Post 786508)
3 dates in the New York metro and none in Philadelphia? :shocked:

Its just the first batch of dates. Philly will probably be in early April after they come back down from Canada (three concerts in three days? that very well might be a typo) and work their way back west again.

I'm going to chime in with the LOL's over the "Unleashed" tour name. Pretty lame and uninspired.

MacMan 12-03-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniLindsey (Post 786508)
none in Philadelphia? :shocked:

Yet.

This is all pretty exciting... Man, I was just getting into the downtime with nobody on tour...

Yes, it's close Gerald, but hopefully it goes all through Summer... I wanna see at least one of the shows - I'm hopeing they add Vancouver.

michelej1 12-03-2008 03:57 PM

You can't call your new tour "Unleashed" and then reissue Rumours for the
30th time in the very same press release. These people are psychotic.

Unleashed implies you are breaking out with renewed vigor and intention. Nothing's holding you back. Quite frankly, they should have called it Leashed. Heeled. Tranquilized.

But yeah, I'll be picking up tickets. No doubt about that.:blob2:

Michele