The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "A Christmas Story" (1983) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17407)

David 12-24-2004 11:37 PM

"A Christmas Story" (1983)

I'm noticing a LOT of very poor (saccharine, mawkish, totally banal) Christmas TV movies on my cable channels.

But this one -- "A Christmas Story" from 1983 -- is a gem. What a hoot! What a howl! It's perfect. Add it to your NetFlix queue. I'm adding it to mine.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

wondergirl9847 12-24-2004 11:48 PM

Right on!!

My dad and I watched our DVD version earlier tonight, then went to look at Christmas lights. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, hilarious!!

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

"Oh fuuuuuudddddggeee. Only I didn't say fudge. I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash word."

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window..."

"Fra-gee-lay. Must be Italian."
"I think it says fragile."

BWAH!!

amber 12-24-2004 11:51 PM

yep. however, most people have seen it 5000 times. my favorite show today was "tv mega bitches" or something like that. 50 top villain ladys from tv. yes, alexis carrington did come in number one. Megan Mullally (my fav.) was 11 or 12 I think. :wavey:
back to A Christmas Story. My dad says he'll probably have to watch it once tonight. My mom said, fine, do it at 4 in the morning when everyone else is asleep. :laugh: I, personally, watched about 10 minutes of the end of Miracle on 34th st., mainly because i love Natalie Wood. :D

sara1998 12-25-2004 12:13 AM

I bought this at Best Buy this year! It is absolutely my fav Christmas movie! We watched it today. I think one of the stations are playing this marathon style today.

Jessica Leigh 12-25-2004 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
yep. however, most people have seen it 5000 times. my favorite show today was "tv mega bitches" or something like that. 50 top villain ladys from tv. yes, alexis carrington did come in number one. Megan Mullally (my fav.) was 11 or 12 I think. :wavey:
back to A Christmas Story. My dad says he'll probably have to watch it once tonight. My mom said, fine, do it at 4 in the morning when everyone else is asleep. :laugh: I, personally, watched about 10 minutes of the end of Miracle on 34th st., mainly because i love Natalie Wood. :D

Hey Amber... would you happen to know the name of the only kind of wood that doesn't float?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Natalie Wood!!!

yeah yeah... i know, bad taste..... i do like her too, though.

Jessica Leigh 12-25-2004 04:03 AM

oh back on the thread's subject... i watched this tonight with my family... we laughed our asses off... the little brother whining about not being able to put his arms down... walking around like the freaking marshmallow man from ghostbusters.... the mom tricking the little brother into eating by asking him to show her how a pig eats and he shoves his face into the plate.... good god that movie is funny.

ryan8472 12-25-2004 07:12 AM

"Deck the halls with boughs of horry, ra ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra...." :lol:

I? Love that movie (just got the DVD for Christmas too). Best holiday movie - ever. :nod:

DeeGeMe 12-25-2004 08:56 AM

I love, love, love that movie. We watch it every year at my house. That's our Christmas tradition.

WelshWitchPMD 12-25-2004 12:02 PM

One of my friends had a Christmas Eve get together last night. We watched an old video tape that she had of Rocko's Christmas special.

It was kind of cute but a really odd cartoon. It was really fun to all sit around and watch it together.

I do have "A Christmas Story" on DVD that I got a few years back. I have seen it so many times, however. I remember that my Mom and Dad and myself all used to sit and watch it when it was on cable all the time.

Sorcerer386 12-25-2004 02:26 PM

Dumb frattin housickle fifer! You bladda-pus...You snort tunger, lay mungus snaff-a-sill caca!

After seeing this movie probably more than any other movie (which trust me, is a lot), I still crack up at the father fighting with the furnace.

amber 12-25-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
Hey Amber... would you happen to know the name of the only kind of wood that doesn't float?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Natalie Wood!!!

yeah yeah... i know, bad taste..... i do like her too, though.

Har. thanks, jessica leigh. :mad: :laugh: And what about those suspicious circumstances around her death with Chris Walken and Mr. Hart to Hart? okay, i'll stop now.

Hawkeye 12-26-2004 01:16 AM

This movie just PALES in comparison to Christmas Vacation:

Helluhuah... Holy ****

estranged4life 12-26-2004 01:52 AM

Hated it when...

it was released....Hate it even more now!!!

Wished the kid would put his brains or face out with a larger caliber weapon...Hell, I would do it for him, A good ol' Christmas Mercy Killin'

Brian "Look Daddy...The teacher says every time a bell rings someone has irritated & pissed off Brian j....ringringringringringring :thumbsup: " j.

ShangriLaTroubl 12-26-2004 11:13 AM

I love "A Christmas Story"....TBS starting on Christmas Eve played it straight for 24 hrs...so I think I've seen it plenty this year (although I dont think i got to watch the whole movie ONCE..just pieces)

DrummerDeanna 12-27-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I love "A Christmas Story"....TBS starting on Christmas Eve played it straight for 24 hrs...so I think I've seen it plenty this year (although I dont think i got to watch the whole movie ONCE..just pieces)

I have NEVEr seen that movie all the way through - I tried to watch it once when I was younger and it depressed me so much - don't know why...

So this year, thanks to TBS, I've seen many parts of the movie - but still haven't seen the beginning or the end :shrug:

It's okay - but definitely not my favorite Christmas movie of all-time...though who can say...since I haven't actually seen the whole thing :p