The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac audiences - stand or sit? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39281)

Steve G 03-05-2009 02:33 AM

Fleetwood Mac audiences - stand or sit?

I'm trying to select tickets for my first ever FM concert, but I can't decide on whether to buy seats on the floor or in the stands.

What is the usual audience tendency, standing or sitting? I don't mind standing through a song here or there during a concert, but I really dislike having to stand for the whole two hours. If the audience sit a fair bit I will opt for the floor.

StandbackStevie 03-05-2009 05:28 AM

Usually everyone stands on the floor thru the whole show when I go i stand up no matter where I sit and dance and sing as well.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 03-05-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve G (Post 802694)
I'm trying to select tickets for my first ever FM concert, but I can't decide on whether to buy seats on the floor or in the stands.

What is the usual audience tendency, standing or sitting? I don't mind standing through a song here or there during a concert, but I really dislike having to stand for the whole two hours. If the audience sit a fair bit I will opt for the floor.

In the UK last time the audience on the floor were encouraged to stand for the whole show. In fact the ushers were letting the first few rows up to the front before the show had even started

Gypsy-Rhiannon 03-05-2009 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StandbackStevie (Post 802700)
Usually everyone stands on the floor thru the whole show when I go i stand up no matter where I sit and dance and sing as well.

I tried to stand when I saw Stevie in Vegas in 2001 and got all sorts of abuse from the people behind and stuff thrown at me

kennation 03-05-2009 07:02 AM

I stand. I like to dance and enjoy myself, but respectfully.

Regina 03-05-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve G (Post 802694)

I've actually only been in floor seats for all the FM concerts and it was standing throughout. I think--maybe--during one or two songs, we sat in a couple venues, but that wasn't the norm.

I have friends who have been in other levels, off-the-floor, and sitting is more of an option there. On the floor, if you sit, you can't see much and you won't reallly have much luck asking anyone to sit.

Jen77 03-05-2009 09:06 AM

To be honest, unless you're in the first few rows...the crowd is lame and sits almost the whole show. That's what I've experienced anyways.

alexandmaddie 03-05-2009 09:24 AM

Everyone on main floor stood the entire 2 hours at the St. Paul concert on 3/3.

kak125 03-05-2009 09:34 AM

At the Pittsburgh show, I noticed everybody on the floor stood the entire time but everybody else was sitting. We had some friends that were up in the seats off the floor and they said that some lady stood up in front of them and then somebody got security to make her sit down. How crappy would that be? I couldnt imagine listening to Monday Morning sitting down. That would suck big time!

HejiraNYC 03-05-2009 09:53 AM

For every concert I've been to, people stood up except during the acoustic interlude- "Big Love," "Landslide," etc.

So what is the deal with people getting to stand at the stage? Is that just for the front row, or is it the first few rows?

Jen77 03-05-2009 11:56 AM

Myself and a friend flew cross country to see Stevie play in Vegas...and were told multiple times to sit down. We refused, so security moved us to a open area where we could stand and there wasn't anyone behind us.

The casual fans, IMO, are pretty lame. Sorry if that seems harsh!

Gypsy-Rhiannon 03-05-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen77 (Post 802781)
Myself and a friend flew cross country to see Stevie play in Vegas...and were told multiple times to sit down. We refused, so security moved us to a open area where we could stand and there wasn't anyone behind us.

The casual fans, IMO, are pretty lame. Sorry if that seems harsh!

That wasn't in 2001 was it? :p We flew to Vegas from the UK to see Stevie and the first night were hassled to sit down. Had all sorts of stuff thrown at us so we did sit.

The second night the seats were further back and right in front of the soundboard so we stood all night

Jen77 03-05-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 802783)
That wasn't in 2001 was it? :p We flew to Vegas from the UK to see Stevie and the first night were hassled to sit down. Had all sorts of stuff thrown at us so we did sit.

lol, no it was in 2005...but seriously, the people behind us were not friendly at all. At first we were talking with them and they were surprised how young we were and blah, blah, blah, but once the show started...we stood. They didn't and it was just a mess. I think it was then and there that I decided I wouldn't be any more than a few rows from the stage.

skcin 03-05-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 802742)
For every concert I've been to, people stood up except during the acoustic interlude- "Big Love," "Landslide," etc.

So what is the deal with people getting to stand at the stage? Is that just for the front row, or is it the first few rows?

Depend on the venue. They usually allow the first 2 or 3 rows up.

JbbyStew86 03-05-2009 02:36 PM

On opening night, most everyone on the floor was standing the majority of the show. I had seats two sections back, so we sat for the majority of the first set, then stood from Stand Back to the end of the show. Everyone was pretty cool about it.