The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   " Fireflies outtake #5 " (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57150)

sasja 05-09-2017 01:56 AM

" Fireflies outtake #5 "

Don't know if this was ever posted here before or is well known yet among you, but just in case someone missed it , truly worth a listen even in my opinion :p

KenB 05-09-2017 12:34 PM

Wow! Gorgeous. Wonder if this being unearthed means a remastered/deluxe edition of "Live" may be in the works?

AnthonyMI 05-09-2017 09:33 PM

On many of these outtakes the background music is the same. You can tell they recorded the track and went back and added new vocals to the tracks. Some of the vocals made it to the final cut. Stevie's last "ahaahhhh" at the end for instance. This just shows how sweetened LIVE was. Tracks upon tracks, redone vocals etc. It was anything but "LIVE".I like the Tusk bonus Live tracks better than the LIVE ones. However, Firefly turned out AMAZING despite not being live. I wonder if it had been a track that could have made it to Mirage. I wonder also if they had worked on it for Tusk and why it was produced just for Live, as if they NEEDED a track that was not off an album or part of the Tusk tour?

secondhandchain 05-09-2017 11:57 PM

I wonder if the Tusk expanded deluxe live tracks were sweetened? If not they should have been the live versions. Sara and The Chain to name a few are awesome. In fireflies I think the music is mostly live and they went back and added backround vocals etc... At 3:52 you will notice "of our love affair" is the same as the finished version. I also hear other bits and pieces they kept for the final version .

HomerMcvie 05-10-2017 12:08 AM

I think everyone sweetens live recordings. Ever notice how they RARELY show the guitarist's fingers playing the solo? When it comes to the solo, they go to the "behind" shot, where he's rocking out soloing, so that they can redo the solo, and all the guitar players won't go, "Uh, his fingers aren't on the right frets for those notes!!!"

Fooling the general public is easy....

dreamsunwind 05-10-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209249)
I think everyone sweetens live recordings. Ever notice how they RARELY show the guitarist's fingers playing the solo? When it comes to the solo, they go to the "behind" shot, where he's rocking out soloing, so that they can redo the solo, and all the guitar players won't go, "Uh, his fingers aren't on the right frets for those notes!!!"

I think the Eagles did this with Hotel California live. That video of the performance from 77 for example. The ending solo is complex and has a bunch of overdubs and things, it's too close to perfect imo. Even with two guitarists.

Nick 05-10-2017 07:35 PM

Thanks for sharing. Love it.

secondhandchain 05-10-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209249)

You can hear 3 Stevie's at once singing harmonies on the Dance.

jbrownsjr 05-10-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1209315)
You can hear 3 Stevie's at once singing harmonies on the Dance.

what tune.. ?

secondhandchain 05-10-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209317)
what tune.. ?

Go your Own way you can hear her singing a low AND high harmony for sure. Can't remember the others. Probably Dreams.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1209325)
Go your Own way you can hear her singing a low AND high harmony for sure. Can't remember the others. Probably Dreams.

I'll check it out. With the background singers, I can't tell who is who anymore.

jwd 05-12-2017 06:37 PM

When Stevie could REALLY sing! Amazing track! Love it!

HomerMcvie 05-13-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1209501)
When Stevie could REALLY sing! Amazing track! Love it!

It truly was the high point of the Live album, and it boggled my mind that it wasn't a big hit.

button-lip 05-13-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209533)
It truly was the high point of the Live album, and it boggled my mind that it wasn't a big hit.

Also one of her best lyrics IMO. Rarely, it shows her love for her bandmates. :)

michelej1 05-14-2017 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209346)
I'll check it out. With the background singers, I can't tell who is who anymore.

You used to be able to tell who is who?

Michele