The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chances of an Australian tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57866)

secret love 05-03-2018 03:30 PM

Chances of an Australian tour

Hi All

Much as I am disappointed by Lindsey's acrimonious departure, he is only one third of the songwriting team and I go to see Fleetwood Mac for Stevie and Christine as much as I go for Lindsey.

So that said, yes of course I want to see the new Fleetwood Mac.

But I live in a city they so often neglect. Sydney, Australia. What are the chances of an Australian tour? If it's not going to happen, I'll be off to Sacramento.

James

SisterNightroad 05-03-2018 04:07 PM

I think much probably the will add more dates as they go along, and if they reach over to the other continents it depends on how well the tour does in the long run. However Stevie and Neil often tour Australia and both seem to generally be pretty popular there, so I think there may be a good chance.

Macfan4life 05-03-2018 04:23 PM

Definitely 100%
This is a HUGE world tour. I would not be surprised if they double back across the USA like they did in 2014 before heading to Europe and Australia.

justcrazylove 05-03-2018 05:43 PM

A city they often neglect. What are you talking about, they have been to Sydney on every tour bar the Tango and Mirage and Dance tours. I have seen them live 12 times all in Australia. I wont be seeing them this time around.

secret love 05-03-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1226356)
A city they often neglect. What are you talking about, they have been to Sydney on every tour bar the Tango and Mirage and Dance tours. I have seen them live 12 times all in Australia. I wont be seeing them this time around.

Not true. They cancelled the Live 2013 Australian Tour due to John's bowel cancer.

justcrazylove 05-03-2018 08:04 PM

My point still stands, if this is an international tour, they will come. If sales are soft in the States they won't. The only thing they have here in their favour is Neil Finn, he's an honorary Australian.

Angel75 05-03-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1226388)
The only thing they have here in their favour is Neil Finn, he's an honorary Australian.

Only in Australian's minds.......Grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

HomerMcvie 05-03-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1226388)
The only thing they have here in their favour is Neil Finn, he's an honorary Australian.

WHO???? :shrug:;):lol:

sasja 05-04-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1226436)
WHO???? :shrug:;):lol:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:nod::nod::nod:

HomerMcvie 05-04-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1226451)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:nod::nod::nod:

I remember two songs from like 30 years ago. Them doing DDIO is sacrilege to their legacy.

Don't Dream It's Over, indeed. Because it be over.

secondhandchain 05-04-2018 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1226452)
I remember two songs from like 30 years ago. Them doing DDIO is sacrilege to their legacy.

Don't Dream It's Over, indeed. Because it be over.

It's like a classic light rock greatest hits tour. Embarrassing and only being done for the $$$$$$$. That being said I wasn't going to see them again ever unless they did new music.

sasja 05-04-2018 01:13 AM

Read this in a comment by Eric the Redhearted, under the RS April 25 interview, and it slayed me dead!! Dead!

Crowded Mac and the Heartbreaker

:lol::]:lol:

StreetAngel86 05-04-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1226324)

But I live in a city they so often neglect. Sydney, Australia. What are the chances of an Australian tour? If it's not going to happen, I'll be off to Sacramento.

James

they NEGLECT Sydney?
where have you been the last 20 years?
Talk to Adelaide mate if you want a NEGLECTED city
FM always go to Sydney.

ETA: every band pretty much goes to sydney
you're the biggest capital city in Oz

Missy 05-04-2018 10:56 PM

Australians would be very happy to see Neil Finn.

Just thought I'd share what he has to say about being identified as Aussie or New Zealander, and where he stands on it.

Quote:

He doesn’t think that much about why Crowded House is called an Australian band. “You’re lucky enough to find a bunch of people who enjoy playing - in the early days it was two Australians and one New Zealander and we formed in Melbourne. I find it quite flattering and endearing...it’s like being invited into another family; and I lived in Australia for 14 years so to be considered one of them, I just find it really kind of lovely. People in New Zealand sometimes get a little bugged...and perhaps it’s of passing annoyance to a couple of people in Australia – but mostly people accept it like we do.”

https://www.theadvocate.com.au/story...inn-weekender/

Angel75 05-05-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1226681)
Australians would be very happy to see Neil Finn.

Just thought I'd share what he has to say about being identified as Aussie or New Zealander, and where he stands on it.

That quote details that he considers the now disbanded band Crowded House to be an Australian band NOT that he considers himself an actual Australian.
He was born and spent his first 18 years in Te Awamutu FFsake....and lives in Auckland.....I think it's obvious he still considers himself a New Zealander