The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine Perfect Album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60018)

J.Miller 08-10-2023 05:39 PM

Christine Perfect Album

https://youtu.be/w4qY0RrMQOY Here is our discussion on the Christine Perfect album from 1970. Thanks again Jeremy for having me on.

Macfan4life 08-11-2023 01:51 AM

I cant wait to listen. Thank you Jeremy for showcasing these albums.

jbrownsjr 08-11-2023 07:29 AM

Yes, thank you Jeremy. Love Jim Miller, he's fun to listen to. I believe Christine is horny all throughout her career.

Working at Arby's. Respect, my friend. :woohoo:

Villavic 08-11-2023 10:15 AM

This is the Christine Perfect album, right? I've not got it yet. Probably I heard few of its songs long ago once.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1646349503

So I see this album with the same track listing. Is there a difference with the original release? I mean alternate versions, mixes, etc.?

https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000...03290a73ca877f

cbBen 08-11-2023 07:21 PM

[My] car was the Christine McVehicle." So funny.

lazy poker 08-12-2023 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1286673)
So I see this album with the same track listing. Is there a difference with the original release? I mean alternate versions, mixes, etc.?

Different remaster minus "I'd Rather Go Blind" plus 1 outtake, 1 single version and 3 BBC tracks.

aleuzzi 08-12-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazy poker (Post 1286701)
Different remaster minus "I'd Rather Go Blind" plus 1 outtake, 1 single version and 3 BBC tracks.

Yes, and if you haven’t heard the three BBC tunes, it’s worth getting

FuzzyPlum 08-13-2023 02:52 AM

Yep. Gone into the Sun in particular is a real ‘lost’ gem. Love it!!!!

jbrownsjr 08-14-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286734)
Yes, and if you haven’t heard the three BBC tunes, it’s worth getting

Yes, these are worth it!

aleuzzi 08-15-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1286826)
Yes, these are worth it!

You and I (and Homer and David and MacFan, etc) should do a video podcast of the Christine Perfect album. I could spend ten minutes insisting that “I Want You” is one of the most sexy-cool recordings on the planet…

Penguin Emeritus 08-15-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286939)
You and I (and Homer and David and MacFan, etc) should do a video podcast of the Christine Perfect album. I could spend ten minutes insisting that “I Want You” is one of the most sexy-cool recordings on the planet…

That is a funky one! I love No Road is the Right Road, and Gone Into The Sun. Chris hated that album but i think it's got some good stuff on it.

--Lis

aleuzzi 08-15-2023 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus (Post 1286941)
That is a funky one! I love No Road is the Right Road, and Gone Into The Sun. Chris hated that album but i think it's got some good stuff on it.

--Lis

I happen to think No Road is the best song on the album. It sounds like a ready-made hit to me. I wish she had pursued some of that stax-style soul on her later albums, but hey--I love where she ended up going :-)

Gone Into the Sun, It's You I miss, and Tell Me You Need Me are all really cool tunes that would have sounded great on the album. I'm assuming they weren't completed in time? That's the only explanation I can think of.

The two tunes I really I dislike are Let Me Go (Leave Me Alone) and When You Say.

Crazy 'Bout You Baby, to my ears, sounds a lot better on the Fleetwood Mac live-in-studio recording on Madison Blues. Kirwan and Spencer each take a turn at a solo, and each is excellent.

The last five songs on Christine Perfect are so pleasing to my ears!

Penguin Emeritus 08-16-2023 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286972)
I happen to think No Road is the best song on the album. It sounds like a ready-made hit to me. I wish she had pursued some of that stax-style soul on her later albums, but hey--I love where she ended up going :-)

Gone Into the Sun, It's You I miss, and Tell Me You Need Me are all really cool tunes that would have sounded great on the album. I'm assuming they weren't completed in time? That's the only explanation I can think of.

The two tunes I really I dislike are Let Me Go (Leave Me Alone) and When You Say.

Crazy 'Bout You Baby, to my ears, sounds a lot better on the Fleetwood Mac live-in-studio recording on Madison Blues. Kirwan and Spencer each take a turn at a solo, and each is excellent.

oh yesss I forgot about Crazy Bout You Baby (watta great groove) and Tell Me You Need Me, i love those, too!!

When You Say is a danny kirwan song so we can't hold chris responsible for that. :laugh: although i'll listen to that any day over Let me Go (Leave Me Alone.) that one is just awful.

--Lis

jbrownsjr 08-16-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286972)

Your love for this album inspires me. (truly). I've been listening to it a lot more closely. It's a great album.

aleuzzi 08-16-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1286984)
Your love for this album inspires me. (truly). I've been listening to it a lot more closely. It's a great album.

Your vocals-only files have helped renew my enthusiasm…she was already singing well