The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bend In The Road - CD - 08/28/12 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50054)

chriskisn 08-26-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1062157)
4. I struggle over the inclusion of "Refugees." First, any version of "Flee" is great. But "Flee" is one of my favorite songs of all time. .

Yeah I too am not sure about any reworking of Flee. Like you I think it is a fantastic song and I did crank up Refugees quite loud (and made the wife move to another room) when I was listening today while assembling Ikea furniture! I then listened to the Flee album and I still think I prefer the original version, but time may change that of course.

chriskisn 08-26-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1062157)
3. Spencer would add great value to the current Mac line-up.

Oh just an after-thought on my previous post...

No offence to Jeremy but a dead cat would probably add great value to the current Mac line-up :sorry:

chriskisn 09-02-2012 01:26 AM

For Jeremy...

I lent my copy of Bend In The Road to my mother to listen to, and she thinks it is fantastic!!!!

chiliD 09-06-2012 11:39 AM

Finally got my copy of Bend In The Road this past Tuesday. Just now in "first listen" mode. Up to " I Walked A Mile With Sorrow" (the C&W flavor reminds me of "Blood On The Floor")...so far, so good...REALLY good! :thumbsup:

Great sounding album...great tone on the guitars...great mix.

"Earthquake" makes my dancin' shoes come alive! :D

Thank you for the great music, Jeremy!

jeremy spencer 09-13-2012 05:35 AM

Thank you, Chili D. Glad you like it; reactions like this make me want to do more.

wetcamelfood 09-13-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy spencer (Post 1063165)
Thank you, Chili D. Glad you like it; reactions like this make me want to do more.

In THAT case (although I feel this way anyway), I love this album! :)

John

TrueFaith77 09-13-2012 01:30 PM

I guess my reaction was chopped liver.

jeremy spencer 09-20-2012 01:05 PM

Not at all, True Faith. Your review was encouraging. Like I told Chili D, makes me want to do more.

dansven 09-21-2012 01:55 PM

Thank you for a wonderful album, Mr. Spencer! :)

One question comes to mind regarding "Refugees" being a reworking of "Flee"...
I remember an interview with Mick Fleetwood where he mentioned a song called "The Refugee" that was rehearsed with Fleetwood Mac cirka 1970. I don't know if it was ever recorded, and it was certainly not released. Mick said it was a Peter Green song...
But could it be this Jeremy Spencer song that dates back to those early years?? :shrug:

TrueFaith77 09-22-2012 07:20 PM

I hope you know I was being playful, Jeremy (piggybacking off of Wetcamel's response etc). Happy to offer encouragement!!

Query of listeners:

Does anyone have a favorite track?

I think the title track is probably my fave.

But "Secret Sorrow" and "Come to Me" are beautiful--and profoundly moral!

...and "Earthquake" is ... well ... toe-tapping!

chriskisn 09-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1063787)
Query of listeners:

Does anyone have a favorite track?

Although every track is fantastic I think I like "Walked A Mile" and "Refugees" as my favourite tracks.

wetcamelfood 09-23-2012 07:42 AM

Right now either Aphrodite or The Merciful Sea. :)

John

Blue Horizon 09-23-2012 10:36 AM

To me each track offers very different insights into Jeremy's musical career to date, and the more I play the CD and mp3 tracks the more I can identify which era they fit into. ( some are obvious )
I must say that I am really pleased to see Jeremy playing piano again and certainly agree with chiliD with regards to the guitar tones.

So Jeremy, what we would really like from you is..........More of the same.....pretty please,please,please.

Great Album/Music Jeremy, and thank you very much for letting us fans hear it.

Blue Horizon

Neb-Maat-Re 09-27-2012 06:02 AM

Got my copy yesterday, my first stereo purchase after a year or so long obsession with surround sound.

Just had my first listen tonight - only on ear-bud headphones while using the PC, but the sound and mix was wonderful! I was particularly struck by the instrumentals.

Can't wait to give it some real justice with a spin on the stereo on the weekend.

Thanks, Jeremy, just gorgeous.