The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ken told Christine might go out on the road with Fleetwood Mac in 2014 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52830)

jbrownsjr 10-22-2013 04:39 PM

Ken told Christine might go out on the road with Fleetwood Mac in 2014

Listening to an interview with Ken Caillat. He states that he's told Christine may go on the road in the last leg of 2014.

If that's true.. wow.. just wow....

http://www.spreaker.com/user/arroe/r...on=user_denied

WildHearted 10-22-2013 04:48 PM

Interesting.

How in the loop is Ken these days anyway? I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but lord knows we'd all love for it to be true.

jbrownsjr 10-22-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1108146)
Interesting.

How in the loop is Ken these days anyway? I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but lord knows we'd all love for it to be true.

It's a valid point. Rumours are flyin'.

SteveMacD 10-22-2013 04:53 PM

I don't think he's all that in the loop with Fleetwood Mac, but he seems pretty close to Christine.

Ulpian 10-22-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1108148)
I don't think he's all that in the loop with Fleetwood Mac, but he seems pretty close to Christine.

Agreed.

It's an odd thing to imagine that Christine might do some touring with FM again, after her years out of the spotlight; a lovely thing, though. I'm starting to believe anything is possible after the events of 2013.

Oh, and it's interesting that Ken says Christine said she wouldn't rejoin because of too many bad memories of her marriage to Eddy Quintela, rather than mentioning the hatred of touring or flying. He also repeats his concerns that she was going 'a little nuts' cooped up in the house in Kent. I'm glad she seems to be out of that phase.

But, wow, what if she did join them on a second US leg next year?!

vivfox 10-22-2013 06:26 PM

I was convinced there wouldn't be a second leg.

applebucked 10-22-2013 07:37 PM

Even Christine herself recognized she was going nuts. :laugh: And I figured her divorce to Eddy figured quite a lot on her decision to leave. Perhaps (forming a conjecture here) that marriage breakdown started the chain of issues in Christine's life like the panic attacks, the fear of flying, etc. Glad she seems to be getting out of that

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1108152)

Same. If it's true, though. I can't even.

SteveMacD 10-22-2013 08:21 PM

I wonder if a second leg depends on Christine's involvement, and I wonder what Brett's involvement -if any- would be if Christine came back.

applebucked 10-22-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1108157)
I wonder if a second leg depends on Christine's involvement, and I wonder what Brett's involvement -if any- would be if Christine came back.

Possible (though since this tour is very successful, maybe there will be a second leg regardless). Also, Brett was there during The Dance so his involvement would probably be in a similar capacity as it was back then.

michelej1 10-22-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1108152)

And latter part of 2014. I thought there would be a second leg, but I thought it would end during the first half of 2014.

I would be interested in hearing Christine refer to Ken and the fact that she's been in contact with him, rather than him just mentioning her.

Michele

michelej1 10-22-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1108157)

In London, Brett was even still playing on Don't Stop. He still had something to do, even though Christine was commanding the keyboards.

Michele

michelej1 10-22-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1108154)
Even Christine herself recognized she was going nuts. :laugh: And I figured her divorce to Eddy figured quite a lot on her decision to leave. Perhaps (forming a conjecture here) that marriage breakdown started the chain of issues in Christine's life like the panic attacks, the fear of flying, etc. Glad she seems to be getting out of that

Same. If it's true, though. I can't even.

Well, Lindsey has said that that's why she cut off all ties. I mean, he linked her divorce, selling her house and leaving the band all together as one thing.

Michele

michelej1 10-22-2013 09:18 PM

If there were a second leg at the end of 2014, I think it's a certainty that there'd be a new album.

Michele

WildHearted 10-22-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1108163)
And latter part of 2014. I thought there would be a second leg, but I thought it would end during the first half of 2014.

I would be interested in hearing Christine refer to Ken and the fact that she's been in contact with him, rather than him just mentioning her.

Michele

Maybe the first part of 2014 is going to be reserved for FM Studio time. :angel: I can dream.

MikeInNV 10-22-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1108166)
If there were a second leg at the end of 2014, I think it's a certainty that there'd be a new album.

Michele

I would hope so. They need Chris on the road and/or a new album. Otherwise, I would prefer this tour end in Vegas.