The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Louisville Nov 5th (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57586)

HomerMcvie 11-06-2017 02:11 AM

Louisville Nov 5th

So, was anyone there other than me?

The karaoke tracks were mixed much lower(on most songs) than the last show I saw. In My World, Hold Me, and Little Lies were obvious tracks, but the only blatantly obvious ones. Also, Lindsey was playing more solo licks than last time, helping to cover the tracks.

That said, the sound was BAD. It was loud AF! I mean, holy jesus, I'm a deaf sound man myself, and it was killing me (I forgot to bring ear plugs). But people around me were saying the same thing, that the sound was terrible tonight (because they said the Palace had great acoustics, and it was one of the best venues to hear a band). The volume was what you'd expect at a heavy metal show. Not exaggerating at all.

Funny note, at least in the area where I was sitting, I was a CHILD. Everyone in my section was at LEAST 60 plus! I was like, holy crap, I'm into a geezer band! I mean, I knew that, but I'd never been surrounded by 70yo's at a concert! Lmfao!

secondhandchain 11-06-2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218390)

The karaoke tracks were mixed much lower(on most songs) than the last show I saw. In My World, Hold Me, and Little Lies were obvious tracks, but the only blatantly obvious ones. Also, Lindsey was playing more solo licks than last time, helping to cover the tracks.

That said, the sound was BAD. It was loud AF! I mean, holy jesus, I'm a deaf sound man myself, and it was killing me (I forgot to bring ear plugs). But people around me were saying the same thing, that the sound was terrible tonight (because they said the Palace had great acoustics, and it was one of the best venues to hear a band). The volume was what you'd expect at a heavy metal show. Not exaggerating at all.

Funny note, at least in the area where I was sitting, I was a CHILD. Everyone in my section was at LEAST 60 plus! I was like, holy crap, I'm into a geezer band! I mean, I knew that, but I'd never been surrounded by 70yo's at a concert! Lmfao!

Ha ha. I always assumed you were in your late 50's but maybe you are a younger fan?

HomerMcvie 11-06-2017 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1218391)
Ha ha. I always assumed you were in your late 50's but maybe you are a younger fan?

Late 40s. I curmudgeoned early. Stevie made me do it!

Macfan4life 11-06-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218390)

Your post is so funny especially for the irony. You mention how old everybody was and then complain the sound was too loud. I just thought that was ironic. Usually that is what old people say at concerts and wear ear plugs.
For Saturday night's concert I am putting fresh tennis balls on my walker.

jbrownsjr 11-06-2017 08:52 AM

I love it loud!! How was the show, otherwise?

HomerMcvie 11-06-2017 11:32 AM

It was so BRIGHT. Treble was more the problem than sheer volume. The guitar solos were piercingly bright.

Yeah, your age jokes are funny. :mad: I'm just telling you that everyone around me was saying that the sound sucked (not just volume) in a place known for superb acoustics...

Setlist was the same as always, minus the permanently dropped Game Of Pretend. The old couple sitting next to me, when it was over, the husband wouldn't get up and leave, insisting to his wife, "she still may come out and do Songbird!" I assured him that that wasn't going to happen, so he finally got up and let us out of our row.

jbrownsjr 11-06-2017 01:53 PM

They dropped GOP??? So it's 7 songs of the new album.

elle 11-06-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1218397)
They dropped GOP??? So it's 7 songs of the new album.

They did game of pretend in both WV and Cleveland, wonder why not in Louisville? The start was not late so that cannot be an excuse. And sound was so spectacular in both Clay center and Rocksino, I just assumed those are great venues for sound and that’s why... but if Louisville venue is known for good sound than that seems haphazard. Wonder what was the problem?

Elliefw 11-06-2017 02:28 PM

I read on Twitter that Christine wasn't well last night so maybe that's why GOP was dropped?

HomerMcvie 11-06-2017 02:30 PM

I don't know. They clearly knew early, that they weren't going to do it, because Lindsey was very clear about we have one more encore song.

jbrownsjr 11-06-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218400)
I don't know. They clearly knew early, that they weren't going to do it, because Lindsey was very clear about we have one more encore song.

I love that song. Sorry to hear it was dropped.

jenniferuk 11-06-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1218399)
I read on Twitter that Christine wasn't well last night so maybe that's why GOP was dropped?

I just saw the same, that Chris, Jimmy and Neale I think it is are ill.

HomerMcvie 11-06-2017 03:33 PM

By the way, of the backing band members, Jimmy got by far the most applause. The crowd really cheered loudly when Lindsey announced him. No contest.

jbrownsjr 11-06-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218403)
By the way, of the backing band members, Jimmy got by far the most applause. The crowd really cheered loudly when Lindsey announced him. No contest.

He's fantastic!!

Macfan4life 11-06-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218400)

Maybe they didn't do Game of Pretend because the old geezers up in the rafters said it was too dang loud :eek: