The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First FM song heard and what did u think of it? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7698)

Mac Fan 11-05-2002 01:37 PM

First FM song heard and what did u think of it?

I obviously can't remember the first song I heard. The first song I remember hearing was 'Little Lies' in 1994/5. I thought the song was amazing and Stevie had a wonderful voice.(Still do)

rhiannon1119 11-05-2002 02:14 PM

The first FM song I remember hearing was Dreams. I was instantly connected to it for some reason. I loved the music and I loved the way Stevie sounded. It continues to be one of my favorites.

:) Michelle

Jen77 11-05-2002 02:14 PM

:wavey:

The first Fleetwood Mac songs I remember hearing were "The Chain", "Oh Daddy" and "Gold Dust Woman". My dad played them all the time when i was little. I knew almost the whole Rumours album when i was 7 or 8....but i didn't know who it was:rolleyes:

Jen

greatdarkwing 11-05-2002 02:30 PM

Funny story!

3 years ago, I fell asleep watching MTV, and somehow I must have accidently changed the channel to VH-1, I woke up and Stevie Nicks BTM was on, and the 'Gypsy' part came on, and I loved the guitar part at the end...I immediately went out and bought the green greatest hits album, and it snowbaled from there! LOL! And now look, I AM COOKOO FOR FLEETWOOD MAC!

~Alex

nicolel118 11-05-2002 02:50 PM

Re: First FM song heard and what did u think of it?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Fan
I obviously can't remember the first song I heard. The first song I remember hearing was 'Little Lies' in 1994/5. I thought the song was amazing and Stevie had a wonderful voice.(Still do)
Don't get me wrong but, the way you stated that made me think that you thought Stevie was singing "Little Lies". I know that must not be the way you meant it though :lol:. Stevie sounds GREAT in that song!

I don't remember the first song I heard but, the first I remember hearing would have to be "Sara". Enough said RIGHT! :laugh:

Bella Figura 11-05-2002 03:48 PM

I have physical proof it was Dreams, I had a small cassette recorder when I was little in the 70's and I still have several of those old tapes, songs I recorded off the radio and one of them has Dreams on it, it's right before Best of My Love by the Emotions...:nod:

Mac Fan 11-05-2002 04:13 PM

Re: Re: First FM song heard and what did u think of it?

Quote:

Originally posted by nicolel118

Don't get me wrong but, the way you stated that made me think that you thought Stevie was singing "Little Lies". I know that must not be the way you meant it though (:lol:). Stevie sounds GREAT in that song!

I didn't mean it like that. I just remember hearing the Stevie parts and my mum singing along to it.

nicolel118 11-05-2002 06:24 PM

I know. I just thought that at first. Maybe I was just trying to humor myself :confused: . Stevie is AMAZING in that song!

I really didn't think anyone could mistake Stevie for Chris (certainly not anybody here :laugh: ) Just one of those moments where your brain takes a s#*t you know? I hope I didn't offend you.:wavey:

seteca 11-05-2002 07:37 PM

"The Chain".......1984......BBC Formula One soundtrack........:)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

EnchantedStorms 11-05-2002 08:24 PM

Go Your Own Way. We were at a lake, swimming, when I was probably about four or five. (Which would have made that song about a year or two old.) Anyway, it came on the radio, and I remember Mom running over to turn it up. (lol, I don't know WHY I remember that :D )

~~Angela~~:wavey:

blackwidower 11-05-2002 10:03 PM

I was four when BTM came out and I remeber really liking Fm especially steve and I can remeber driving down a road when An Fm song came on. and asking who sang it and about fm and stuff. I dont know any of the BTm stuff but Im sure it was one of those singles. I had heard GYOW a biajillion times and had no Idea who it was but. the first song i clearly remeber however, was silver spring from the dance. I remeber it was like fourth grade and my entire class loved that song and landslide and we all thought that Fm was this great NEW band that just came out. ok thats my story.

LindseyChick 11-05-2002 11:50 PM

The first Fleetwood Mac song I ever heard was no doubt..."Over My Head". It had to be '73 or '74, and my mom would have the radio playing in the morning, mainstream pop, when we were getting ready for school.. and I remember hearing that song and I thought it was a guy singing,. (Sorry, Christine...) Fleetwood Mac really didn't do anything for me growing up in the 70s. BUT when the Dance tour came around...the video on MTV... "Landslide"... the part where Stevie sings "well maybe.." and Lindsey puts his had to his chin as if in awe of Stevie.."well maybe..." THAT is when I became a fan. Because those two should be together, right? OHH, how many keystrokes I spent trying to convince the world that Lindsey was God and that Lindsey and Stevie belonged together. Trying to convince the Fleetwood Mac world that Lindsey was God.. and they all believed in Peter! Well, as for Peter... I feel bad for him. The FM greatest hits thing they're hawking around has nothing to do with him. So anyway,.... "well maybe..." it's as simple as Tom Petty put it.. the most successful version of a band that had been around for that long. Stevie and Lindsey and Mick, John and Christine....The Dance is my Fleetwood Mac memory. I didn't go last time they toured... it was almost Christmas.. I have four kids...I hope they tour again...'

Sharon

estranged4life 11-06-2002 01:17 AM

Thats easy...

it would be "Rhiannon" around 1975-1976 when I was a YOUNG kid, Always remembered it since then obviously...Brian J.

Emmeline 11-06-2002 04:01 AM

I don't know when it was...but the first song I heard was definitely "Little lies" only I thought it was called "Tell me lies". They have always played it on the radio here every now and then since it came out. I remember taping it on one of my "mixed tapes from radio" and I had no idea who this group Fleetwood Mac were until years later...

~Emma~

golddustchic 11-06-2002 10:27 AM

The first FM song I ever heard was "Little Lies" because I saw the video on VH1. I was about 13 and I immediately fell in love with the song. I kept singing it to myself at home. And then a few days later I saw "Gypsy" and was like "hey that's the same band that sings that other song." And Gypsy had even a greater impact, I COULD NOT get that song out of my head. Shortly after I saw the videos, the Dance concert played for the first time on MTV, and I thought well maybe they'll do Little Lies or Gypsy. So I watched the entire thing, and although they didn't do either song(or at least televise it) I became completely in awe of this band, and ever since then I've been an avid follower:)