The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Chris covered on Youtube (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=34556)

aleuzzi 11-12-2007 09:52 AM

Chris covered on Youtube

Many of you may already know this, but there's an 18-year old British boy who's been covering a lot of Christine's songs (as well as a couple Bowie and Joni Mitchell tunes). His performances are, I think, unaffected, original and penetrating, which is remarkable given his age.

If you haven't checked him out, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/davidr18

I especially like his versions of YMLF and Songbird.

LiamMcConville 11-12-2007 02:10 PM

Well, I think he's awful. :shrug:

aleuzzi 11-12-2007 05:19 PM

LOL. Okay.

SortaSavageLike 11-12-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamMcConville (Post 731059)
Well, I think he's awful. :shrug:

Why are we both so blunt? :laugh:

LiamMcConville 11-12-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike (Post 731124)
Why are we both so blunt? :laugh:

Well, I'm blunt because I'm lazy and don't feel that embellishing my harsh words makes them sound any better, and I think you just like to copy me. :shrug:

:laugh:

The Catdancer 11-13-2007 01:28 AM

That was awful :eek:

aleuzzi 11-13-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 731194)
That was awful :eek:

Wow, what planet am I on that I love his performance? I'm clearly in left field on this one...or even on the foul line.

Bandon 11-13-2007 07:02 PM

Not terrific, but not bad. At least the kid has good taste in music.:thumbsup:

David 11-14-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 731214)
Wow, what planet am I on that I love his performance? I'm clearly in left field on this one...or even on the foul line.

That kid looks familiar. I think I posted his YMLF video here last year. I got a kick out of it. He's just doing a little strummy thing & singing the song -- it isn't meant to be a momentous occasion. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing. To hear their responses, you'd think people like Debbie Catdancer had never in their lives just sat around at home, Indian-style on the floor, playing guitar & singing Fleetwood Mac songs with friends. I did this with my family & friends my whole life, so I get a kick out of seeing the same thing on YouTube.
I vastly prefer seeing kids do this casual thing than watching or listening to all the self-important shrieking & vain, pumped-up caterwauling on shows like "American Idol."

aleuzzi 11-14-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 731366)
That kid looks familiar. I think I posted his YMLF video here last year. I got a kick out of it. He's just doing a little strummy thing & singing the song -- it isn't meant to be a momentous occasion. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing. To hear their responses, you'd think people like Debbie Catdancer had never in their lives just sat around at home, Indian-style on the floor, playing guitar & singing Fleetwood Mac songs with friends. I did this with my family & friends my whole life, so I get a kick out of seeing the same thing on YouTube.
I vastly prefer seeing kids do this casual thing than watching or listening to all the self-important shrieking & vain, pumped-up caterwauling on shows like "American Idol."

Thanks, David. This was exactly my reaction. He's unaffected and playful. And what's not to love about an 18 year old kid enjoying Christine's songs?

Han Solo 11-14-2007 07:40 PM

The kid is ok; I like this one better :) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsCPvOAiUI

aleuzzi 11-15-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 731415)
The kid is ok; I like this one better :) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsCPvOAiUI

He's talented.

jbrownsjr 11-15-2007 09:56 AM

I think he's amazing.. Judy Garland would be proud...

David 11-15-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 731441)
I think he's amazing.. Judy Garland would be proud...

Knock it off!!
:laugh::laugh:

The Catdancer 11-15-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 731366)

You don't know that, do you?!