The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   50 Top Bands Of All Time (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16540)

77Rumours77 10-18-2004 06:39 PM

50 Top Bands Of All Time

http://www.xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=43600

Fleetwood Mac Ranked number 10 :thumbsup:
Heres some of the rankings
1. Pink Flyod
3. Rolling Stones
4. U2
7. Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band
10. Fleetwood Mac
11. The Eagles
14. Bon Jovi
19. Metallica
20. Boston
24. AC/DC
37. Aerosmith
50. Van Halen (WTF!!!!! :laugh: 50 My ass!)

I am a little upset to see that N'sux, Backstreet Girls, and Spice Boys made the list. :laugh: :lol: :laugh: shouldnt you play instruments for it to be called A BAND

diamondsnake 10-18-2004 06:46 PM

At least they made the top ten and are ranked higher then the Eagles or Aerosmith! I am actually pleasantly suprised that they are so high on the list.

amber 10-18-2004 06:48 PM

No, Number 1! They should always be number 1!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Lala 10-18-2004 06:51 PM

Clearly I have good taste...

10. Fleetwood Mac
27. ABBA
30. Supertramp

:D 3 of my favorite bands of all time!

A little hard to believe The Backstreet Boys (I had the biggest crush on Nick when I was in the 4th grade I'll admit) beat a band like AC/DC

wondergirl9847 10-18-2004 06:51 PM

Coolness!

Yeah, they are #1 in my book....but I'm glad PF made #1 instead of a certain other band. ;)

I like N'Sync, BSB and Spice Girls.

ontheEdgeof17 10-18-2004 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

I like N'Sync, BSB and Spice Girls.

The Spice Girls are my guilty pleasure! Their songs are soooo good....AND they wrote them. Props for that.

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!

-Curt

wondergirl9847 10-18-2004 08:36 PM

Ha!

Gull powah!

Merf 10-18-2004 08:49 PM

Hootie and the Blowfish are on this list?

I OBJECT!!!! They are super lame and not worthy of being on the same list as the greats. :mad:

DeadliestPoison 10-18-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
The Spice Girls are my guilty pleasure! Their songs are soooo good....AND they wrote them. Props for that.

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!

-Curt

Woot! Sign me up for a ticket on this train ride. Merf's a fan, too ;)

Yaaayyyy, Viva Forever. <3<3

Merf 10-18-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Woot! Sign me up for a ticket on this train ride. Merf's a fan, too ;)

Yaaayyyy, Viva Forever. <3<3

Ah, yes. Les Spice Girls. Good times and woot. :thumbsup:

Hootie? Plz die.

mondaymornin1 10-18-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake
At least they made the top ten and are ranked higher then the Eagles or Aerosmith! I am actually pleasantly suprised that they are so high on the list.

Me too! I usually get so frustrated when I watch shows on vh1 or mtv where they barely get mentioned in their nifty little lists, etc.

What about Dire Straits being ranked ahead of FM? I like them, but no way would I have expected to see them ranked higher! :shrug:

My husband would agree with "wtf" about Van Halen being #50!

amber 10-18-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
Evidently I have better tastes...

1. Pink Floyd
2. Led Zeppelin
8. The Beatles
10. Fleetwood Mac

This list was being discussed on a Zeppelin forum as if it actually meant something (yet they were unhappy with a No.2). Of course it's all a load of **** or atleast subjective, but clearly I'm spot on. Having said that, the definitive greatness of The Beatles is always debatable (they'd be No.1 on my list however) but these must be the lone few who'd dare put Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band ahead of The Beatles. Despite being an opinion, in light of this I think the list has been rendered officially wrong. You can't really compare a band that has been out of the touring circuit for nearly 40 years with one in today's market. I guess this explain 'N Sync or however it's spelt. Automatic disqualification for incorrect grammar.

ah, i have to make a confession here. I don't really care for Floyd *gasp* I realize their lyrics are superb, i just hate slow, droning, depressive songs that make me want to dig my brain out with a baby spoon....sometimes i listen just to the words and try to block the rest out...but over all, my fav from them is "Moneh" because it's a bit kickier... :D Zep's a little depressing to me, too, but luckily, they rock! But, big-legged women DO have soul, i'd like to add....
This concludes "confessions of a dangerous mind"...
Amber
And, yes, i enjoy Bruce Springsteen more than the Beatles.."better"? well, i would never debate that, it would be fruitless...and i really like fruit...

amber 10-19-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
Depressing? In style, or how do you mean? Lyrically they're so.....nothing really. Not a huge Plant fan over here (or wherever I happen to be positioned). If anything I'd say lyrically they're rather 'light'.

Pink Floyd, I would agree are depressing, although that could be brought down to Waters. Not the biggest fan of him either but that's because I like David Gilmour and Richard Wright so I feel an obligation to be disdainful to Waters (we know each other personally obviously). I wouldn't have thought Syd Barret was entirely depressing. My favourites are Fearless, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Careful With That Axe Eugene, One of These Days. Hmmm also most of Live In Pompeii.

Gah. As I sit in this heat, a hail and deafening thunder storm shall effectively bring this post to a conclusion. F*cking tropics. Pick a temperature and stay with it.

for Zep-a bit dark sound wise...you know, all rock, no pretty harmonies or super lilting guitars, no girl voice - of course their songs are kinda pretty, but..My friend played me a roger waters solo CD, and it was so insightful, lyrically, about the state of the world (oo, mac just came on the radio, unfortunately it's don't stop) so i would blame waters too (laugh) and I can't really discuss Floyd knowledgeably, so i don't know who's "fault" it is, but the overall sound is depress-o-rama.
Amber

secondhandchain 10-19-2004 01:12 AM

Lest you guys forget this article appears to be out of the UK, so band like Dire Straights and Wet Wet Wet are going to rank higher than they would here.

amber 10-19-2004 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain
Lest you guys forget this article appears to be out of the UK, so band like Dire Straights and Wet Wet Wet are going to rank higher than they would here.

Yeah, that's what i figured. Although i do think Dire Straights is really good...