The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Billy (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25259)

BLY 02-02-2006 03:17 PM

New Billy

It appears Billy Burnette has a new disc coming out 2/28/06. He does Oh Well and it looks like he is redoing Tear it Up.

http://www.highway-music.dk/shop/default.asp?ProductID=CKY%20229

SteveMacD 02-02-2006 03:38 PM

The track listing looks like it could be a live album. He's doing "Faded Love" (a hit for Patsy Cline, but also recorded on Delaney & Bonnie's "Motel Shot"), "Bye Bye Love" (he's a huge Everly Bros. fan), and the above mentioned "Oh Well" and "Tear It Up."

All I know is I'm buying it!

chiliD 02-02-2006 04:26 PM

According to Rick Vito (who I talked to at the NAMM show a couple of weeks ago...he'd been given a copy of the new CD by Billy earlier in the day), it's a "live-in-studio" album...there ARE overdubs, but they're minimal.

SteveMacD 02-02-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
According to Rick Vito (who I talked to at the NAMM show a couple of weeks ago...he'd been given a copy of the new CD by Billy earlier in the day), it's a "live-in-studio" album...there ARE overdubs, but they're minimal.

You knew about this and didn't tell us?!?! Well, I know ONE Californian guitarist who won't be getting any Christmas fruitcake!

chiliD 02-02-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
You knew about this and didn't tell us?!?! Well, I know ONE Californian guitarist who won't be getting any Christmas fruitcake!

Ok, so if I tell you that CDUniverse is having a pre-sale on Billy's album (for $12.98), does that vindicate me? :shrug:

SteveMacD 02-02-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Ok, so if I tell you that CDUniverse is having a pre-sale on Billy's album (for $12.98), does that vindicate me? :shrug:

Si, Señior D.

Miss Vicky 02-02-2006 10:43 PM

Whoo hoo!!!!

And here I was damn near gonna stick the possibility of a new Billy Burnette solo album in the it'll-never-happen (a.k.a. Lindsey Buckingham) category of hopes.

I can't wait to hear it!

billwebster 02-10-2006 04:32 PM

Wow! Great News!

But it's not all new songs, of which he probably has a lot lying around now, given the fact that it's been 5 years since Are You With Me Baby.
'Memphis Blues' has been recorded by him before twice, on Paul Burlison's album Train Kept A-Rollin' and on his own 1999 album, All Night Long, which undeservedly only seems to have been distributed on a small scale back then (I remember getting my copy as one of my first online orders ever from the "album corner" of the Penguin website).
'Everything Is Broken' is a Bob Dylan song that Dylan released on his Oh Mercy album in the late 80s. Billy probably does this as a tribute to Dylan, with whom he toured for a short while some time ago.
Is there a John Fogerty song, too, amongst the cuts on the album?

chiliD 02-28-2006 07:45 PM

Today's the day...hands in the air...who has it already?

madformac 02-28-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

According to Rick Vito (who I talked to at the NAMM show a couple of weeks ago...

That's the problem living over here... Yes Live 8, Royal Albert Hall etc etc BUT we have totally **** guitar shows!!! It's not fair!!!

Steve did you get to speak to Rick T?

David 02-28-2006 09:04 PM

Why won't Billy record the old standard "Yesterdays"?

:( :( :( :( :confused: :( :(

chiliD 02-28-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madformac
Steve did you get to speak to Rick T?

Why yes...yes I did. :) Nice guy!

madformac 02-28-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

I must get out to Santa Cruz some time.. :( (and stop off in Long Beach too :thumbsup: )

Miss Vicky 02-28-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Today's the day...hands in the air...who has it already?

:wavey:

Or at least I have it ordered and will be frothing at the mouth with anticipation until it gets here.

SteveMacD 03-01-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

I've only talked to him once, and I agree! Great guy. If I had the extra $$$, I'd certainly get a Model 1.