The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rick To Perform with FM Tribute Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54474)

michelej1 10-19-2014 12:46 AM

Rick To Perform with FM Tribute Band

Music News added: 19 Oct 2014 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.a...&nItemID=84277

Fleetwood Mac guitarist joins tribute band

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac will be joined on two of their tour dates with guest performer Rick Vito (lead guitarist from Fleetwood Mac!

Having performed 500 major concert shows to over a half a million fans around the world since they formed over a decade ago, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac return to the UK to present a spectacular new stage production celebrating the music of the legendary rock supergroup Fleetwood Mac.

Their new show will showcase and celebrate in meticulous note-for-note detail, all the classic hits from one of the most outstanding and enduring catalogues in the history of recorded music, and a legacy of blues, rock & pop classics that made Fleetwood Mac the icons of the music industry they are today.

Recognised internationally as the leading tribute to Fleetwood Mac in their various incarnations, and with founding member Mick Fleetwood's golden seal of approval, this stunning show reflects on an epic journey of lasting relationships through changing eras and musical styles, from the exciting hub of the sixties London blues scene to staggering commercial success in the seventies and eighties, and beyond.

Replicating perfectly the power and subtlety of Fleetwood Mac at their brilliant best, let timeless classics such as 'Black Magic Woman', 'Albatross', 'Go Your Own Way', 'Dreams', 'Gypsy' 'Say You Love Me', 'Sara', 'Oh Diane', 'Little Lies', 'Everywhere' and many more, take you on a nostalgic evening of breathtakingly outstanding musicianship; and all performed in the context where the songs work best ' a live stage.

THE LONDON EVENING STANDARD

vivfox 10-19-2014 11:38 AM

Now THIS is shocking news.

michelej1 10-19-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1150286)
Now THIS is shocking news.

Well, he's only doing 2 shows, at least.

Michele

michelej1 10-20-2014 06:16 PM

[See, Lindsey was right. LB was fired. Poor guy, kicked to the curb]

Wirral Globe by Craig Manning, October 20, 2014

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/11...festival_date/

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist's Wirral festival date

FORMER Fleetwood Mac guitarist Rick Vito comes to Wirral next month for two shows as part of the International Guitar Festival.

The American musician is at the Floral Pavilion in New Brighton on November 19 with tribute band Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, returning to the venue with his own band four days later, November 23.

It is the first time he will have played with Rumours.

Speaking to the Globe from Nashville, 65-year-old Rick said: "I don't really know what songs they'll be singing this time, but I'm sure the fans will like it.

Recalling the time he was invited to join Fleetwood Mac in 1988, he said: "I got a call one day from Mick Fleetwood.

"We'd played together a couple of times on a Billy Burnette session and at one of my gigs, and he liked the fact that I was a fan of Peter Green.

"Lindsey Buckingham had just been let go and Mick wanted Billy and I to learn some Mac tunes and come over to play with the band.

"I had been feeling lately that something was brewing with my career anyway, so when I hung up the phone I turned to my wife Aimee and said, "that's it, I'm going to join Fleetwood Mac!"

Vito's playing and singing is especially well represented in a faithful version of Peter Green's "I loved another woman".
In 1989 Fleetwood Mac began work on what would become "behind the mask", which featured four tunes written and performed by Rick. He left the band in 1991.

He is also frontman of Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and former member of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers in addition to recording and touring with the likes of Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Dolly Parton, Roy Orbison and Stevie Nicks to name but a few.

He has also performed with some of the Blues Greats such as Muddy Waters and Albert Collins.

Reflecting on his career, Rick said: "I moved to California in 1971 to start my music career and have been playing for 43 years.

"I've worked with some incredible people in that time, but Looking back it's almost like it was not me."

"I've got a new album out in Europe, it's called Mojo On My Side, and is a lot of slide guitar and blues rock music. It pretty much sums up my style.

"I'm always looking at different ways to play."

Having performed 500 major concert shows to over a half a million fans around the world since they formed over a decade ago, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac's new show promises to showcase in meticulous note-for-note detail, all the classic hits from one of the most outstanding and enduring catalogues in the history of recorded music, and a legacy of blues, rock and pop classics that made Fleetwood Mac the icons of the music industry they are today.

The show will feature hits such as Black Magic Woman, Albatross, Go Your Own Way, Oh Diane and Little Lies.

PenguinHead 11-01-2014 05:15 AM

What a redundant, bland and uninspired name for a Fleetwood Mac cover band. Couldn't they come up with something better?

Do they perform any Rumours era songs/ album tracks that the band has never performed? Or how about songs from previous eras of the band? That would make them more interesting to me.

My ears have had more than their fill of hearing the the studio recordings and live versions of well-worn songs the real Fleetwood Mac has been performing for three decades.

TheWILDheart 07-09-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1151779)

Do they perform any Rumours era songs/ album tracks that the band has never performed? Or how about songs from previous eras of the band? That would make them more interesting to me.

Sorry for the late reply

PenguinHead 07-09-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1169573)
Sorry for the late reply

What reply?:confused:

TheWILDheart 07-10-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1169592)
What reply?:confused:

woops, sorrry, the rest of my post seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, I've seen Rumours of FM a few times. There show is split into sections - Rumours Era - Interval - Pre-Rumours - solo careers - Rumours era - encore. They always open with "Gypsy" and have been known to throw a few rarities into their setlists. They did "As Long As You Follow" last time I saw them and they always do a sort of Big Love with the accoustic version starting the song, and then the full band version.

TheWILDheart 07-10-2015 02:17 PM

ah-ha! I found a setlist from one of their shows:

Part 1:

Gypsy
You Make Loving Fun
Seven Wonders
I Don't Want To Know
As Long As You Follow
Silver Springs
Gold Dust Woman
Say You Love Me
Sara
Songbird
Everywhere
Dreams
Eyes of the World

Interval

Part 2:

Green Manalishi
Black Magic Woman
Need Your Love So Bad
Albatross
Rollin Man
Man of the World
Oh Well

Part 3:

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Monday Morning
Little Lies
Rhiannon
Landslide
Big Love (with the band)
The Chain
Go Your Own Way

Encore:

Tusk
Don't Stop

TheWILDheart 07-10-2015 02:25 PM

Here's another -

Part 1:

Gypsy
Everywhere
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Second Hand News
Seven Wonders
Sara
You Make Lovin' Fun
The Chain
Eyes of the World

Interval

Part 2:

Green Manalishi
Black Magic Woman
Need Your Love So Bad
Albatross
Rattlesnake Shake
Man of the World
Oh Well

Part 3:

Stand Back
Little Lies
Say You Love Me
Landslide
Songbird
Rhiannon
Big Love
Go Your Own Way

Encore:

Tusk
Don't Stop

jbrownsjr 07-14-2015 10:29 AM

Way better than the real band's set!

FuzzyPlum 07-14-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1151779)
What a redundant, bland and uninspired name for a Fleetwood Mac cover band. Couldn't they come up with something better?

My ears have had more than their fill of hearing the the studio recordings and live versions of well-worn songs the real Fleetwood Mac has been performing for three decades.

They really are excellent.
The other big British tribute band- Fleetwood Bac are very different (straight Rumours-era: virtually exactly the same as the present FM set list) but also very good. I don't know his name but Lindsey in Fleetwood Bac in particular is incredible.

FuzzyPlum 07-14-2015 03:59 PM

PS
I don't suppose anyone on here actually went to see either of these shows with Rick...?

SteveMacD 07-14-2015 04:33 PM

And once again, Bob Welch gets the shaft.

aleuzzi 07-14-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1169841)
And once again, Bob Welch gets the shaft.

True dat! If they didn't vibe with his mid-tempo mystical musings, they could have done a killer version of "Lay it All Down" or "Miles Away"--among two of the best tunes in the band's catalogue from any era.