The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank You Fleetwood Mac (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40750)

SandyMac 06-22-2009 10:48 PM

Thank You Fleetwood Mac

Thank You Fleetwood Mac for an excellent U.S. Tour!

I know there were some bumps along the way, but had a BLAST.
Washington DC: Rocked out with good friends and got some good video
Atlantic City: Rocked out again (actually harder) and danced the night away with my favorite band. :D:nod::blob2::blob1:

Wishing Fleetwood Mac continued success on their UK tour and hope they are not sick of each other by 2010, so they can make a new album. At this point, I am definitely going through concert withdrawals, but audio and DVD and You Tube are helping with that, but really hope they make more new music in 2010.

A big thank you goes out to everyone who posted reviews/photos/audio/video of shows from the tour. I love how fans come together and share their experiences and come together as a community.

Enchanted_Stevi 06-22-2009 10:53 PM

Awesome thread!!

Yes a BIG thank you to the band for going back on tour. Sure there were no NEW songs, but just seeing them again twice was amazing. I agree with Sandy there were a couple bumps in the road but when arent there bumps in a Fleetwood mac tour? Seriously...lol

Another BIG thank you to everyone else who posted pictures, videos, and reviews and sharing their experiences with us!!

Next stop...EUROPE!! Hope the Europe tour is AWESOME

louielouie2000 06-22-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 827375)
A Sure there were no NEW songs, but just seeing them again twice was amazing.

At least they performed Storms, which has never graced the stage before. That almost makes up for not touring with new music :D. While I still have mixed feelings on this tour, I definitely hate I didn't have the money to see them when they hit Charlotte. Hopefully I'll get to see them SOON when they're touring behind their stellar NEW ALBUM :p.

Enchanted_Stevi 06-22-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 827376)
At least they performed Storms, which has never graced the stage before. That almost makes up for not touring with new music :D. While I still have mixed feelings on this tour, I definitely hate I didn't have the money to see them when they hit Charlotte. Hopefully I'll get to see them SOON when they're touring behind their stellar NEW ALBUM :p.

I have to agree that Storms does kind of make up for them not touring with anything new. They BEST make a new album and tour with it!! I would be wicked pumped if they toured with it.

ILoveFM 06-22-2009 11:31 PM

Yes, thank you Fleetwood Mac! I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see this amazing band live and I did. One of my dreams did come true on April 28th and I will never forget it :)

Hopefully now will come a new album and tour!

DavidMn 06-23-2009 12:12 AM

What can I say? I had a blast traveling from coast to caost to see a band that Ive loved for 33 years. I feel truly blessed. It wasnt easy having to take the bus, but it was either that or not go and not going WAS NOT an option. I started March 1 in Pittsburgh, and 23 shows later ended June 8 in Milwaukee. I hung out with friends from here, and that is truly the real blessing of this band. If they only knew that their existence has created so many lifelong friendships..... Torri my friend, I love ya!:xoxo: Anyway, here's the final list of all the shows I attended. I would love to go to Europe, but that's not going to happen. Oh and Brian, I had a blast hanging out with you in Tulsa too. It can be stated enough what a truly nice person you are!:nod:

3-1, Pittsburgh
3-3, St Paul
3-5, Chicago
3-6, Chicago
3-8, Detroit
3-10, Washington D.C
3-11, Boston
3-13, Uniondale
3-14, Mohegan Sun
3-16, Rochester
3-17, Toronto
3-19, New York City
4-17, Cleveland
4-18, Columbus
5-3, Tulsa
5-5, St Louis
5-7, Omaha
5-8, Kansas City
5-10, Denver
5-28, Los Angeles
5-30, Las Vegas
5-31, San Diego
6-8, Milwaukee

daniellaaarisen 06-23-2009 12:50 AM

As much as I have loved the Fleetwood Mac and Stevie shows I have been to.... it will break my heart if they don't tour again. I feel like I've really missed out being only 17 and therefore not having 20+ years of FM experience that lifelong fans have had. HOWEVER, Mick apparently has confidence that they will make a new album, and I honestly believe that they wouldn't end abruptly. I expect that they will warn us which tour will most likely be their last-- even if half the band rolls out in a wheelchair in order to make that possible :)

vivfox 06-23-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 827385)
What can I say? I had a blast traveling from coast to caost to see a band that Ive loved for 33 years.

3-1, Pittsburgh
3-3, St Paul
3-5, Chicago
3-6, Chicago
3-8, Detroit
3-10, Washington D.C
3-11, Boston
3-13, Uniondale
3-14, Mohegan Sun
3-16, Rochester
3-17, Toronto
3-19, New York City
4-17, Cleveland
4-18, Columbus
5-3, Tulsa
5-5, St Louis
5-7, Omaha
5-8, Kansas City
5-10, Denver
5-28, Los Angeles
5-30, Las Vegas
5-31, San Diego
6-8, Milwaukee

You lucky guy! Do you still have your job? What kind of boss allows his/her employee to take all that time off from work? Would you still say the Detroit show was the best? What were the top 3? Inquiring minds want to know.

golddustdrummer 06-23-2009 10:45 AM

yes yes! Thank you Fleetwood Mac for making 5/5/09 a night that I will never forget! :xoxo:

My mom and I had such a wonderful time. I laughed, I cried, I danced...what a night!

Musicman408 06-23-2009 11:20 AM

I am so glad to see so much general love about the Mac on this tour!

Columbus on 4/28 was absolutely the night of my life!!! I had seen the Mac twice and Stevie twice before then- never with really spectacular seats. For my Columbus night with the Mac, I had 3rd row RIGHT IN FRONT OF STEVIE!!!! I will never forget this night- my mom and I still talk about how amazing it was! Everything about the night was spectacular, and I can only hope that at some point in time I will get to meet the people in the band that has meant so much to me. Being so close to them on 4/28 really brought out the fact that they are in fact REAL people- that's what being so close will do to you!!! I also got to meet lots of people in Columbus, shout outs to David and Torri- great great people!!!!

Hoping for a new album!! Maybe they'll call me to add some keyboard parts ;)

Much love for the Mac!!!

RockALittle250 06-23-2009 11:28 AM

Something that made this tour somewhat historical for Fleetwood Mac is that Stevie premiered part of a brand new song on the last night of the tour (except for the make-up dates), which to my knowledge, is something that both the Mac and Stevie have never done before on any tour.

HejiraNYC 06-23-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockALittle250 (Post 827431)
Something that made this tour somewhat historical for Fleetwood Mac is that Stevie premiered part of a brand new song on the last night of the tour (except for the make-up dates), which to my knowledge, is something that both the Mac and Stevie have never done before on any tour.

I believe "Sisters of the Moon" debuted during the last leg of the Rumours tour. And "Rhiannon" debuted at a Buckingham Nicks concert. Same with "Sorcerer." And wasn't "Blue Lamp" performed on the BD tour, prior to the "Heavy Metal" soundtrack? And I'm not sure if this technically counts, but "Gold and Braid" was performed before its eventual release on the Enchanted box set...

I am thankful that FM encouraged arena staff to allow people to stand up at the stage throughout the show. I don't think a lot of acts do this, and it definitely provides a more intimate experience. I am also very, very thankful for the last-minute ticket drops!

JohnL 06-23-2009 11:49 AM

I couldnt agree more...

I truly was worried that I had seen the band for the last time during the SYW tour. I am glad they pulled it together and did this. I really enjoyed myself during the show here in Tampa. I actually got to bring a friend with me who was a FM virgin and he has a new appreciation for the band.

I also was so thrilled to see Storms added to the setlist. It alone was worth the price of the ticket. As far as what the future holds, I am one of those who would rather see a Stevie solo album than a new FM album. But, I would settle for either, thats for sure.

One last thing...thanks for starting such a POSITIVE thread here. We need more of these!!

RockALittle250 06-23-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 827432)
I believe "Sisters of the Moon" debuted during the last leg of the Rumours tour. And "Rhiannon" debuted at a Buckingham Nicks concert. Same with "Sorcerer." And wasn't "Blue Lamp" performed on the BD tour, prior to the "Heavy Metal" soundtrack? And I'm not sure if this technically counts, but "Gold and Braid" was performed before its eventual release on the Enchanted box set...

Oh that's right. I didn't think back that far. They definitely haven't done anything like that in about 20 years.

I'm surprised Stevie stepped out of her comfort zone like she did; it was a nice change.

HejiraNYC 06-23-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockALittle250 (Post 827434)
Oh that's right. I didn't think back that far. They definitely haven't done anything like that in about 20 years.

I'm surprised Stevie stepped out of her comfort zone like she did; it was a nice change.

Well, she has been dipping her toes beyond the comfort zone boundary a little bit. For example, I think she really threw herself into "Red River Valley." And she performed a Supremes song at that dinner for Irving Azoff last year. Gosh, I would love to see that performance surface somewhere!