The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   is it just me or was In The Meantime really (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24086)

dontlookdown 11-20-2005 06:56 PM

is it just me or was In The Meantime really

mediocre?

I can't figure it out, but I expected much more for this record...

SteveMacD 11-20-2005 07:52 PM

It's okay for me. I haven't listened to it enough, but I just don't seem to be able to get into it. I've been too busy listening to boots that have been posted on the net.

dissention 11-20-2005 08:13 PM

It's dull, light mallpop. Something one would likely hear while browsing the travel section at Waldenbooks. Half of the album is great fun, while the other half just gives off the impression that she shouldn't have bothered. It's inoffensive enough, but a whole album of it is just too damned much.

jbrownsjr 11-20-2005 08:19 PM

i really like it

i wish she would do more blues, but i never get what i want :shrug:

GypsySorcerer 11-20-2005 08:48 PM

The production is incredibly bland; the middle tracks are especially filler. I don't listen to it very often. But she sounds great.

golden braid 11-20-2005 10:05 PM

I really don't like it except for a few songs. I enjoy all of her FM songs and her 1984 solo album but In The Meantime is just too dull and bland for me.

Miss Vicky 11-20-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown
mediocre?

Probably. Though I can't say for sure because I only listened to it once, which was the day it arrived in the mail.

Haven't had any desire to give it a second spin.

jbrownsjr 11-21-2005 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Well y'all proved me wrong.

that's cos we love u:o

Gailh 11-21-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown
mediocre?

I think this is a question of expectations.

I expected typical Christine pop/rock for grown ups and that's what I got. The bonus was the voice which to me sounds better than ever.

I have to admit I had to listen to it a couple of times before I really started to like it. For Christine I was prepared to make the effort.

On the other hand I have only listened to Stevie's Trouble in Shangri La once because there wasn't enough in it to make me put it on again. For Stevie I wasn't prepared to make the effort.

As for Mick and John I didn't even buy the albums!

I still play ITM although not as much as I used to. I think it's a very honest piece of work and I like it more than her 1984 solo album.

Gail

ontheEdgeof17 11-21-2005 09:46 AM

I like the first 3 or 4 songs.....then......:cool:

GypsySongbird 11-21-2005 12:03 PM

i love it, its obviously not her best work, although i do think you are and friend are really really good! but i still love it, although i agree i would have preffered some blues stuff & i prefer her 80s album

HomerMcvie 11-21-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh
I think this is a question of expectations.

I expected typical Christine pop/rock for grown ups and that's what I got. The bonus was the voice which to me sounds better than ever.

I have to admit I had to listen to it a couple of times before I really started to like it. For Christine I was prepared to make the effort.

On the other hand I have only listened to Stevie's Trouble in Shangri La once because there wasn't enough in it to make me put it on again. For Stevie I wasn't prepared to make the effort.

As for Mick and John I didn't even buy the albums!

I still play ITM although not as much as I used to. I think it's a very honest piece of work and I like it more than her 1984 solo album.

Gail

What you said.:nod: :nod: Cept Stevie lost me earlier, on OSOTM. I LITERALLY(once even a huge fan) played it one time.

Still, imagine ITM's best 5 or 6 songs on SYW!:woohoo: THAT would've been an album I could've really gotten into!

dissention 11-21-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
What you said.:nod: :nod: Cept Stevie lost me earlier, on OSOTM. I LITERALLY(once even a huge fan) played it one time.

I find it absolutely divine that it's the Christine fans on the Christine board who feel the need to bring up Nicks all the time.

HomerMcvie 11-21-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I find it absolutely divine that it's the Christine fans on the Christine board who feel the need to bring up Nicks all the time.

I didn't bring it up, but I'll accept your claim of divinity.:shrug: :D :shrug:

DavidMn 11-21-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I didn't bring it up, but I'll accept your claim of divinity.:shrug: :D :shrug:

Tsk tsk. I'm dissapointed that it took you over 12 hours to respond in this thread.:lol: