The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One Solo song on a MAC album..... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58263)

BLY 10-24-2018 09:38 PM

One Solo song on a MAC album.....

What is the FIRST solo track that comes to mind that you wish would have been on a Buckingham produced song on a Fleetwood Mac album with all three voices prominent on the track?

Lindsey- Down On Rodeo
Stevie- All The Beautiful Worlds
Christine- Got a Hold On Me

Only one song from each...the first one that comes to mind.😎

Street_Dreamer 10-24-2018 10:09 PM

Lindsey: Shadow Of The West - I think Christine's vocals would really fit with this song.
Stevie: Sable On Blonde - I would like to hear what Lindsey would have done with this song.
Christine: So Excited - This would have been a great one for the BTM lineup to do in my opinion.

The Chain 10-25-2018 12:08 AM

Lindsey - I'll Tell You Now
Chris- Friend
Stevie - 24 Karat Gold

SorcererJP 10-25-2018 07:18 AM

Lindsey: Countdown
Christine: Who's dreaming this dream
Stevie: Mable Normand

jbrownsjr 10-25-2018 07:19 AM

Lindsey: I Must Go
Christine: Bad Journey (huge guitar solo in that would make it epic)
$tevie: Sable On Blonde

Neal 10-25-2018 11:03 AM

Lindsey: "You Do Or You Don't"

Christine: "Friend"

Stevie: "The Dealer"

vivfox 10-25-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1242183)
Lindsey: Shadow Of The West - I think Christine's vocals would really fit with this song.

Though not credited, she is singing on this track with Lindsey.

aleuzzi 10-25-2018 12:10 PM

Solo songs that are amazing as they are but could have been Mac classics:

Lindsey Buckingham -- Trouble
Stevie Nicks -- How Still My Love
Christine -- Giving It Back

Solo songs that are very good but could have benefited from all five working on them:

Christine -- Friend (electric--the acoustic version is gold)
Lindsey -- Did You Miss Me
Stevie -- Rooms on Fire

Decent solo songs that would have really bloomed with all five working on them:

Christine -- Got a Hold on Me
Lindsey -- Soul Drifter
Stevie -- I Sing for the Things

Solo songs that are perfect expressions of each's solo identity and that need never be changed

Christine-- Smile I Live For
Stevie -- Stand Back
Lindsey -- Gift of Screws

Band songs that might have been better as a solo song--

Lindsey -- Big Love ( I mean it IS a solo song...)
Stevie -- Smile At You (never caught fire on SYW)
Christine -- Nights in Estoril

secondhandchain 10-25-2018 02:00 PM

Right place to fade - Lindsey.

Jondalar 10-25-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1242181)
What is the FIRST solo track that comes to mind that you wish would have been on a Buckingham produced song on a Fleetwood Mac album with all three voices prominent on the track?

Lindsey- Down On Rodeo
Stevie- All The Beautiful Worlds
Christine- Got a Hold On Me

Only one song from each...the first one that comes to mind.😎

The Challenge- Christine Mcvie

Macfan4life 10-25-2018 04:15 PM

This is a tough thread. Many of the responses so far are great songs and I would not want to mess with them.
I can hear Stevie and Christine singing on Loving Cup.
I would like to pick a song that I don't like to see how the Mac would have handled it. For example: Sister Honey. I would love to have seen how the Mac would have handled that one.
I think Love will Show Us How was a few arrangements away from becoming a huge hit so that would be my Christine song.

cbBen 11-02-2018 05:53 AM

"Wait For You" should have been a Fleetwood Mac song. It would have been perhaps the best song on Say You Will, and a great choice for single.

aleuzzi 11-02-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1242239)
I think Love will Show Us How was a few arrangements away from becoming a huge hit so that would be my Christine song.

Totally agree on this one. The chorus of the song could benefit from higher, flightier voices and a more imaginative guitar arrangement would have made this good song sparkle.

Macfan4life 11-02-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1243036)
Totally agree on this one. The chorus of the song could benefit from higher, flightier voices and a more imaginative guitar arrangement would have made this good song sparkle.

Oh yes and a few bouncy keyboards to go with the guitar.
Its a great song. Almost pop country. I think Lindsey could have made it a better song.

David 11-02-2018 06:43 PM

As happy as I am that Fleetwood Mac rerecorded Crystal in 1975, imagine if they had done Frozen Love. Based on what they did with the former, the latter could have been more concise, more visceral—leaner and meaner. And imagine if they had taken it to the stage as a more regular part of the set. We'd have it today on CD 3 of the White Album deluxe box!

I'd like to have had I'll Tell You Now on Mirage with Mick on drums and the three singers mooning sadly away. Mirage needed either more or better camp, and this would have fit the bill. A hell of a lot more interesting than Oh Bloody Diane, too.

I can't think of anything of Stevie's that I was desperate to hear on a Mac album. Oh, until later, I guess—Sorcerer would have been good on a Mac album, and Candlebright would have been superb back on Mirage or Tango, with her quivering voice.