The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Songs playing before the shows. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52199)

APerfectLie 06-12-2013 11:43 PM

Songs playing before the shows.

So before the show in Houston, some acoustic guitar tracks played. I assume it was Lindsey on the guitar and I know one of the songs was Never Going Back Again, but then this song played and it sounds so familiar but I just cannot put my finger on what song it is. Any ideas?

http://amendswiththedeaf.tumblr.com/...-but-this-song

tilthefirefades 06-13-2013 02:10 AM

I'm thinking Destiny Rules, but it sounds also like something else, I'm not sure what though...

WildHearted 06-13-2013 08:15 AM

Yeah, I think Destiny Rules.

juniper 06-13-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 1095813)
So before the show in Houston, some acoustic guitar tracks played. I assume it was Lindsey on the guitar and I know one of the songs was Never Going Back Again, but then this song played and it sounds so familiar but I just cannot put my finger on what song it is. Any ideas?

Silver Girl?

vivfox 06-13-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 1095824)
I'm thinking Destiny Rules.

That's what I hear also.

rhiannon22 06-13-2013 07:18 PM

Did I hear Bleed to Love Her as well? I wish I could hear them all again. :nod:

Lindsfan 06-13-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannon22 (Post 1095919)
Did I hear Bleed to Love Her as well? I wish I could hear them all again. :nod:

Yes, Bleed To Love Her is one of them. Also, Peacekeeper and Stephanie. At a m&g, last year, I practically begged him to make these instrumentals available - either through his website, or at shows.
Okay, actually, I did beg him :D but, sadly, I'm not holding my breath that he'll ever do it. :(

Macfanforever 06-14-2013 12:03 AM

I miss it at the Mohegan Sun show I was to busy gabbing to friends before the show..

I will pay attention next time.

mlourimore 06-14-2013 02:07 PM

I asked Mick about these during the Pittsburgh Meet and Greet and he said they were Lindsey's and I told him how much fans would love access to the instrumentals - maybe have a quiet night with a glass of his wine and the music - he had his assistant write it down but I don't expect anything to come of it.

bethelblues 06-14-2013 02:25 PM

They should be playing all Christine's hits before the show begins. When are people ever going to hear Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Oh Daddy, Hold Me, Think About Me, Isn't It Midnight, etc. in the live setting again?? Some people like me have never heard them at a concert. Remind the audience of some of the songs they will be missing.

Lindsfan 06-14-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlourimore (Post 1096002)
I asked Mick about these during the Pittsburgh Meet and Greet and he said they were Lindsey's and I told him how much fans would love access to the instrumentals - maybe have a quiet night with a glass of his wine and the music - he had his assistant write it down but I don't expect anything to come of it.

Nicely done. I hope more fans do the same. The more that say it, the better chance (no matter how slight), that he pushes for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1096005)
They should be playing all Christine's hits before the show begins. When are people ever going to hear Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Oh Daddy, Hold Me, Think About Me, Isn't It Midnight, etc. in the live setting again?? Some people like me have never heard them at a concert. Remind the audience of some of the songs they will be missing.

Huh?

Why would a band - any band - want to do that? And why would you want to hear recordings of her songs, that you can already hear anywhere, any time???

It reminds me of when someone posts a great video of the current tour on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or elsewhere, and some "fan" says "What? Where's Christie (or Chrissy)??", completely unaware their favorite member left the band 15 years before lol.

She left. It was her choice. I hope she's happy in her current life away from the drama of FM. I like her music, and am looking forward to hearing all about her appearance in London, but she's not part of the band any more. And for the record, I'm one of the few who actually liked it when they sang SYLM in '09, but it seems most people very much prefer NOT to hear Lindsey and Stevie attempt Chris's songs. So, sing them, or don't sing them...they can't win either way :shrug:

mylittledemon 06-14-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 1095813)

Ur'body is saying Destiny Rules but I don't think that's what it is... sounds like Lindsey playing for sure, but I think this is something else... newer material perhaps.

michelej1 06-14-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsfan (Post 1096047)
Huh?

Why would a band - any band - want to do that?

Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.

Michele

bethelblues 06-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsfan (Post 1096047)
Why would a band - any band - want to do that? And why would you want to hear recordings of her songs, that you can already hear anywhere, any time???

It reminds me of when someone posts a great video of the current tour on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or elsewhere, and some "fan" says "What? Where's Christie (or Chrissy)??", completely unaware their favorite member left the band 15 years before lol.

She left. It was her choice. I hope she's happy in her current life away from the drama of FM. I like her music, and am looking forward to hearing all about her appearance in London, but she's not part of the band any more. And for the record, I'm one of the few who actually liked it when they sang SYLM in '09, but it seems most people very much prefer NOT to hear Lindsey and Stevie attempt Chris's songs. So, sing them, or don't sing them...they can't win either way :shrug:

They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1096060)
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.

I was the one talking about Lindsey's guitar work. I love it all around on Tango in the Night, even Seven Wonders since it gives that song so much of its flavor. I've mentioned on here before how I'd love to see Albatross performed live by Lindsey, his take on the song. If that never happens, I would've loved to hear it before the show.

Lindsfan 06-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1096060)

Michele

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1096068)
They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).

Okay, THAT I agree with. That would, in fact, be awesome. I took the way you said that, earlier, betheblues, to mean you wanted to hear the original, album recordings. My bad :cool:

I'm with you too, on them pulling off any number of her songs, though, I still think most FM fans, and certainly casual fans, would make a stink about it no matter how they did it. Even now, a fair number of people are complaining about Don't Stop, which I've always enjoyed live.