The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58782)

Sanne2 11-27-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1255005)
what the hell.....?? that cape is GHASTLY. Dead baby heads on the shoulders and down on the bottom trim..??

although it shows her exactly where she loves to be --- in the center of attention. She won't go quietly from that.

She was backstage at the Met Opera and was wearing one of the costumes from a cast member.

Anyway, it was just announced that Stevie will be on the Ellen show on dec 4, she has no reason to be there unless she will make some kind of announcement.

button-lip 11-27-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanne2 (Post 1255006)
She was backstage at the Met Opera and was wearing one of the costumes from a cast member.

Anyway, it was just announced that Stevie will be on the Ellen show on dec 4, she has no reason to be there unless she will make some kind of announcement.

Like what? She said she’s not the boss in FM, so she can’t make any announcement regarding the band.
Probably something about her solo tour, or she was invited to talk about her recent happiness now that Lindsey’s not there anymore.

BombaySapphire3 11-27-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1255007)
or she was invited to talk about her recent happiness now that Lindsey’s not there anymore.

Probably so ..since Lindsey and Ellen shared a girlfriend that might Ellen sympathetic to some LB bashing.

The Catdancer 11-28-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

She's doing a show on January 17 at a golf tournament

https://www.desertsun.com/story/spor...nt/4273006002/

vivfox 11-29-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

And on Dec. 5th she'll be on Jimmy Kimmel performing with Sheryl Crow, so something's in the works.

Hawkeye 11-30-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1255034)
And on Dec. 5th she'll be on Jimmy Kimmel performing with Sheryl Crow, so something's in the works.

I agree. When she was on Ellen with Rod Stewart is when she officially announced that tour. I think the odds are really good for a Stevie/Sheryl joint tour announcement!

mitzo 11-30-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1255037)
I agree. When she was on Ellen with Rod Stewart is when she officially announced that tour. I think the odds are really good for a Stevie/Sheryl joint tour announcement!

Yuck, let's hope it is a brief tour. Not a fan of Sheryl at all.

elle 11-30-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1255034)

looks like i will skip seeing Sheryl live this year. unless she opens for Brandi Carlile instead of SN somewhere close to me. :shrug:

WatchChain 11-30-2019 10:54 PM

Like the previous post, I’m betting on a Stevie Nicks tour with Sheryl Crow as the opener (a la Stevie/Pretenders) to begin as early as May of 2020 and continue throughout the summer. Although Stevie last played arenas, I’m wondering if they’ll hit the outdoor sheds like other dinosaur acts (Heart, Journey, Bob Seger). The Pretenders are opening for Journey next summer playing the sheds. Sheryl has a new duets album out and needs to hit the road to fill her retirement kitty.

David 12-09-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1255052)
The Pretenders are opening for Journey next summer playing the sheds.

The Pretenders on a bill with Journey? These are obviously the end times.

(You could characterize the Pretenders and their extraordinary legacy as being a sustained critique of everything that Journey ever represented and undoubtedly still represents.)

BombaySapphire3 12-17-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255192)
The Pretenders on a bill with Journey? These are obviously the end times.

(You could characterize the Pretenders and their extraordinary legacy as being a sustained critique of everything that Journey ever represented and undoubtedly still represents.)

Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?

Macfan4life 12-20-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1255308)
Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?

I was never a Journey fan but last year I watched a high def full youtube video of their concert and was blown away. The band blew everyone out of their seats and yes the guy from Manila still is the lead vocal and does an amazing job.
They come to rock.

On another note. The Pretenders are great but fit better as an opening band for Journey than Stevie Nicks ;)

lovethemac1 12-20-2019 11:59 AM

I saw Journey in Oct, at their residency in Vegas. A number of the group that we were with were very....."meh..." about seeing them. I was super excited and I've seen them on their tours.

Every single person was completely stunned at the quality and professionalism that they displayed. And although Arnel is not Steve Perry, he is every bit as good vocally.

It was really fun, high energy and we all sang Journey songs all the way back to the hotel.

David 12-20-2019 01:52 PM

Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?

Macfan4life 12-20-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255332)
Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?

Journey's worst song played backwards is still better than anything on Rock A Little

:eek: