The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Any new album news? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59947)

David 05-24-2023 01:19 PM

Any new album news?

He’s working on it, right? Has he talked to the press lately?

UnwindedDreams 05-24-2023 01:26 PM

I haven't heard anything but I'm hoping he announces it next month with a release date in September. That was the timeline for his last one but then that could have been for COVID reasons (like summer 2021 was when concerts came back)

jbrownsjr 05-24-2023 02:50 PM

I hope there is a tribute to Christine on the new album. :angel:

BLY 05-24-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1284866)
I hope there is a tribute to Christine on the new album. :angel:

Yes, like using the leftovers from Buckingham McVie. I’m sure he will. It will make for good press.

HomerMcvie 05-24-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1284867)
Yes, like using the leftovers from Buckingham McVie. I’m sure he will. It will make for good press.

Their combination was my favorite thing about FM. The worked so well together.

UnwindedDreams 05-24-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284870)
Their combination was my favorite thing about FM. The worked so well together.

The Youtube album documentary and the tv interviews they did together was really heartwarming.

HomerMcvie 05-24-2023 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1284875)
The Youtube album documentary and the tv interviews they did together was really heartwarming.

It really was heartwarming. And they recorded of course with John and Mick...

How come they all got along so well? What was missing?

Oh yeah...

jmn3 05-24-2023 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284878)
It really was heartwarming. And they recorded of course with John and Mick...

How come they all got along so well? What was missing?

Oh yeah...

I’ll go to my grave knowing that album should’ve been a Fleetwood Mac album. Absolutely STUPID. And we all know the one 5’1” reason why it wasn’t. It would’ve sold marginally better and be slightly more well known than it is but dammit, it’s a Fleetwood Mac album.

HomerMcvie 05-24-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1284885)
I’ll go to my grave knowing that album should’ve been a Fleetwood Mac album. Absolutely STUPID. And we all know the one 5’1” reason why it wasn’t. It would’ve sold marginally better and be slightly more well known than it is but dammit, it’s a Fleetwood Mac album.

It was, and should have been. Stupid old goat ruined the ending of our band. I hope karma gets her, but good.

BLY 05-24-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1284885)

I agree 100% it’s a shame Stevie wasn’t on it. Time and Say You Will was released as Mac albums because Mick and John were on it. PERIOD!

Villavic 05-25-2023 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1284842)
He’s working on it, right? Has he talked to the press lately?

I just found recent old Fleetwood Mac pictures in his twitter.

John Run 05-26-2023 12:05 PM

Lindsey has taken the best tracks from what was to be his next solo album and contributed them to the next Fleetwood Mac album. The 1987 Fairlight II has been plugged back in to recreate Stevie's and Christine's voices and John’s bass. Mick will come on down to hear the new work and Lindsey will see the kindred spirit that is Mick and invite Mick to replace the programmed drums with live drum tracks, but Lindsey won’t cut the programmed drums, he will keep them all, so their will be nothing short of 76 drum tracks per song. Lindsey will then comment that is the best work the five of them have ever done and Stevie will proudly say these are her best vocals in 35 years.

David 05-26-2023 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1284968)
Lindsey has taken the best tracks from what was to be his next solo album and contributed them to the next Fleetwood Mac album. The 1987 Fairlight II has been plugged back in to recreate Stevie's and Christine's voices and John’s bass. Mick will come on down to hear the new work and Lindsey will see the kindred spirit that is Mick and invite Mick to replace the programmed drums with live drum tracks, but Lindsey won’t cut the programmed drums, he will keep them all, so their will be nothing short of 76 drum tracks per song. Lindsey will then comment that is the best work the five of them have ever done and Stevie will proudly say these are her best vocals in 35 years.

And then the Grammy voters will add them to the nominations at the last minute, and they will scoop the awards and hug Don Kirshner.

jbrownsjr 05-26-2023 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1284973)
And then the Grammy voters will add them to the nominations at the last minute, and they will scoop the awards and hug Don Kirshner.

hahahahaha!!!:]

bombaysaffires 05-31-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1284973)

and Lindsey will barf on Dick Clark