The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Happy happy birthday Peter Green!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=34411)

Ms Moose 10-29-2007 03:00 AM

Happy happy birthday Peter Green!!!

I hope you have a nice day, fishing or listening to music or both at the same time. Doing whatever makes you happy - also in the years to come.

Ms Moose:wavey:

Street_Dreamer 10-29-2007 10:30 AM

Happy birthday Peter. Thank you for your music and for Fleetwood Mac. We love you!

Matt

Livia 10-29-2007 10:35 AM

Happy Birthday, Peter! I'm enjoying a Splinter Group/FM coffee break concert on the radio at this very moment...

:woohoo:

shackin'up 10-29-2007 12:24 PM

Happy birthday to a real legend.

Holly73 10-29-2007 12:28 PM

Peter Green Anthology

Dear All,

I work for a company called Union Square Music and we are working on a 4CD Peter Green box set, for release next June. The set will contain music spanning PG's entire career and will feature a nice big booklet with sleevenotes and lots of photos.

We recently had great success Slade re-issue campaign - you may have read about that in the press.

If any of you have any memorabilia or other stuff we could include ih this box set, please let me know. Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the idea of the anthology in general.

Thanks
Holly

sharksfan2000 10-29-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly73 (Post 729105)
Dear All,

I work for a company called Union Square Music and we are working on a 4CD Peter Green box set, for release next June. The set will contain music spanning PG's entire career and will feature a nice big booklet with sleevenotes and lots of photos.

We recently had great success Slade re-issue campaign - you may have read about that in the press.

If any of you have any memorabilia or other stuff we could include ih this box set, please let me know. Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the idea of the anthology in general.

Thanks
Holly

Sounds great, Holly! Any preliminary tracklists for the discs that you can share with us? Will there be any previously unreleased tracks included?

I'd love to see a good portion of live tracks included in the anthology - I think that Peter's best playing was more often captured on live recordings (both official and bootleg) than on the studio recordings.

And Happy B-day wishes to Peter! :woohoo:

BklynBlue 10-29-2007 09:58 PM

Mr. Green,
Thank you for the joy and inspiration that your music has given, and more impressively, continues to give, to so many people around the world
Wishing you all the best on this and every day

thank you

SAT 10-31-2007 06:16 PM

Dear Peter,

Wish we could give you just a small part of the joy you've given us this last 40 years.

Very many happy returns.

Tom 11-01-2007 11:43 PM

Belated happy birthday Pete.

How you doing man?

Be well:thumbsup:

Popmuseum 03-05-2008 03:15 PM

a wonderful chance to release Peter Green's Singles on CD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly73 (Post 729105)

Hi Holly73,

your CD-Box is a wonderful chance to release Peter Green's Singles on CD.

I'm not the only one looking for:
  • "Heavy Heart" (June 1971),
  • "No Way Out" (June 1971),
  • "Beasts of Burden" (January 1972),
  • "Uganda Woman" (January 1972)
and other rare records.

By the way: You can watch & listen to "Heavy Heart" at YouTube (Very interesting).

Best wishes,
Popmuseum

wetcamelfood 03-05-2008 05:15 PM

Heck, I'd even do with an End Of The Game remaster (though preferably with those 4 Reprise single only tracks) as I just noticed the one from '96 cuts off that last split second at the end of the title track at the end of the album and it was obviously meant to be there and it was on the early 90's Japanese CD reissue etc.

John