The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine News! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36723)

jbrownsjr 07-22-2008 03:49 PM

Could this be a big joke on the Christine fans....

No offense to the originator... but we've been had before...

Our own little Gift of Screws...

nicepace 07-22-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 764612)

That's obviously the most likely thing. The original post contained nothing that I would call reliable information ... all it was was a quoted email from someone we don't know to someone who is a board newbie.

But it's fun to speculate on a possible new Christine album, and looking at her low-key, no-expectations approach to 'In the Meantime,' I don't think it's impossible she'll do a similar project again. She apparently had fun recording that record. There was no media circus, no late nights, no months at a time on the road. If she DOES do a new album, would it be too much to hope for that she'd do a couple of low-key acoustic gigs to back it up?

vivfox 07-22-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 764617)
The original post contained nothing that I would call reliable information ... all it was, was a quoted email from someone we don't know to someone who is a board newbie.

My thoughts exactly.

aleuzzi 07-22-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 764612)

No offense to the originator... but we've been had before...

Our own little Gift of Screws...

damn it, you're probably right, though I still foolishly hope...

jbrownsjr 07-22-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

That's obviously the most likely thing. The original post contained nothing that I would call reliable information ... all it was was a quoted email from someone we don't know to someone who is a board newbie.

But it's fun to speculate on a possible new Christine album, and looking at her low-key, no-expectations approach to 'In the Meantime,' I don't think it's impossible she'll do a similar project again. She apparently had fun recording that record. There was no media circus, no late nights, no months at a time on the road. If she DOES do a new album, would it be too much to hope for that she'd do a couple of low-key acoustic gigs to back it up?

God I hope so.... something where her vocals are smooth and laid like warm ways... or the verses on Bad journey...

I loved her preachiness in Bad Journey... "never thought you'd tear me apart..." etc etc...

MacMan 07-22-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 764533)
A couple of years ago Abba got together for some anniversary of the show Mama Mia in London but Agnetha didn't join them.

But I believe she showed up in London for the film premiere this year didn't she?

So there's still hope for Christine yet!

Gailh 07-23-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

We don't have anything concrete but it may still be true. I'm not getting my hopes up. I do remember though quite a while before ITM was released there were rumours circulating that she was working on an album.

As for any live stuff - I think we can forget it. although she might lead a sing-song in her local pub :laugh: So it's everyone down to The Rose!

Gail

macfan 57 07-23-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 764691)
We don't have anything concrete but it may still be true. I'm not getting my hopes up. I do remember though quite a while before ITM was released there were rumours circulating that she was working on an album.

Gail

This is true, But those rumors were from a very credible source, in my opinion. Neil(from the Go Your Own Way website) was told by Ken Caillait that she was recording a new album. There were also rumors that Chris & Eddy had divorced. Then a few years later, Ken Caillait confirmed those rumors in his Q & A on this site. However, remember those cancer rumors from about 5 years ago? Thank God those rumors turned out not to be true.

I'm hopeful, but very skeptical until we get credible confirmation that this is true.

Gailh 07-23-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 764697)
This is true, But those rumors were from a very credible source, in my opinion. Neil(from the Go Your Own Way website) was told by Ken Caillait that she was recording a new album. There were also rumors that Chris & Eddy had divorced. Then a few years later, Ken Caillait confirmed those rumors in his Q & A on this site. However, remember those cancer rumors from about 5 years ago? Thank God those rumors turned out not to be true.

I'm hopeful, but very skeptical until we get credible confirmation that this is true.

I agree. We don't know how credible these rumours are and like you I am hopeful but would like to see something from a reliable source.

Gail

jbrownsjr 07-23-2008 10:36 AM

Rumours.....:)

Gailh 07-23-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 764721)
Rumours.....:)

Or maybe little lies?

Gail

Ulpian 07-23-2008 01:57 PM

I still maintain "anything is possible" :laugh:

Gailh 07-23-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 764783)
I still maintain "anything is possible" :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Well let's hope the person who wrote the email was "so sincere" and not a "liar"

Gail

jbrownsjr 07-23-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 764799)
:laugh: :laugh:

Well let's hope the person who wrote the email was "so sincere" and not a "liar"

Gail

it's not like you can Ask Anybody to get this sort of info

nicepace 07-23-2008 04:30 PM

Just spare me a little of the real story.