The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A Funny Kind of Love (Fritz) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55064)

nicole21290 03-22-2015 07:40 PM

A Funny Kind of Love (Fritz)

Just in case you haven't heard it yet. Javier posted it a few hours ago - complete audio of Fritz performing this song at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale in 1968.

Much easier to compare Lindsey's 'Deep Dense' with it now, too, which is a welcome bonus!

soul_drifter333 03-22-2015 09:59 PM

So this is the same song that Lindsey used on the Gift of Screws bootleg that was named "Deep Dense". It would be cool to hear them redo it as a duet similar to "I Don't Want To Know" at the tempo that Lindsey version already is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1163237)
Just in case you haven't heard it yet. Javier posted it a few hours ago - complete audio of Fritz performing this song at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale in 1968.

Much easier to compare Lindsey's 'Deep Dense' with it now, too, which is a welcome bonus!

PenguinHead 03-22-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1163237)

Thanks for sharing this. Another Fritz song! They had quite an extensive repertoire of songs. Did Stevie write any of them? The lyrics credited to the others are ridiculously overreaching, representing the gibberish style of the time.

BlueDenimLamp 03-27-2015 09:52 PM

Here's another...

BlueDenimLamp 03-27-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1163249)
Thanks for sharing this. Another Fritz song! They had quite an extensive repertoire of songs. Did Stevie write any of them? The lyrics credited to the others are ridiculously overreaching, representing the gibberish style of the time,

They probably would have made a few records had their manager not been so greedy and turned down Bill Grahams offer to help promote the band...

pwyll 03-29-2015 09:13 PM

Is the mp3 available anywhere?

nicole21290 03-29-2015 10:24 PM

There isn't one, but I've converted the mp4 to mp3 for you. If it's still too dodgy, I can always just ask Javier for the original file, I guess, and he could possibly send it via e-mail? If this is okay though, it would be easier. :D

https://mega.co.nz/#!1NRRgD4T!5Njw39...1jRr0dCI4dMG2g

pwyll 03-29-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1163756)
There isn't one, but I've converted the mp4 to mp3 for you. If it's still too dodgy, I can always just ask Javier for the original file, I guess, and he could possibly send it via e-mail? If this is okay though, it would be easier. :D

https://mega.co.nz/#!1NRRgD4T!5Njw39...1jRr0dCI4dMG2g

Thanks so much!!

SisterNightroad 02-06-2017 04:27 PM

For those who don't know, Javier Pacheco posted some Stevie's Fritz performances again recently:

These are the older resurfaced Stevie performances if you haven't seen them yet:

The rest of the Fritz bootlegs with Stevie dueting or backing Lindsey are these:

I suggest to read the descriptions on Youtube to know details about dates, venues, lyrics and band members.

SisterNightroad 03-21-2017 05:27 AM

Stevie Nicks: Next Time Around (Javier Pacheco) w/Lindsey Buckingham

Following the breakup of Fritz, around Spring of 1971, Stevie and Lindsey came over for an afternoon visit to my home in Menlo Park. It turned out to be a very enjoyable and creative time for the three of us!
I shared some material I had written, and they were gracious enough to help me out with the vocals and guitar. We recorded this song on a commercial Sony reel-to-reel Recorder, with Linds as engineer, using "Sound-on-Sound" to overdub our voices and instrumental parts. I am very grateful to Stevie and Lindsey for their ideas and contributions, proud of Stevie's inspired vocal and Lindsey's creative guitar work on this sweet, melancholy tune. Thanks, S&L!!

Next Time Around
(Javier Pacheco 1971)

We’ll be waiting
across the border
there won’t be time to hold on,
or show the way to the others
Next Time Around
Next Time Around

Friendship Gardens
Australia fairs
bring your sense of awareness
if you plan to be there,
Next Time Around
Next Time Around

Oh, God knows when
the final changes
will come and wash us like the tides
a wild stampede of creatures fleeing
with the coming of the Ides

And the glory, I tried in vain
you can tell your story,
it will sound the same,
when we were proud
when we were proud;

You can leave me
or you can love me
you don’t need to hold on
you don’t have to feel sorry
Next Time Around
Next Time Around

Oh, God knows when
the final changes
will come and wash us like the tides
a wild stampede of creatures fleeing
with the coming of the Ides

We’ll be waiting
across the border
there won’t be time to hold on,
or show the way to the others
Next Time Around
Next Time Around

Stevie Nicks: You There (Buffalo Springfield) Fritz

Fritz Rabyne Memorial Band at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, CA circa 1969. Featuring Stevie Nicks (lead vocals), Javier Pacheco (keyboards & bckgrd vocals), Brian Kane (lead guitar), Bob Aguirre (drums), and Lindsey Buckingham (bckgrd vocals and bass).

Stevie Nicks: If You Gotta Go, Go Now (Bob Dylan) Fritz

Fritz Rabyne Memorial Band at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, CA circa 1969. Featuring Stevie Nicks (lead vocals), Lindsey Buckingham (bckgrd vocals and bass), Javier Pacheco (keyboards & bckgrd vocals), Brian Kane (lead guitar), and Bob Aguirre (drums).