The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buckingham Nicks Reunion (what if) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46320)

TrueFaith77 03-30-2011 05:52 PM

Buckingham Nicks Reunion (what if)

Buckingham Nicks announce a reunion. It will take the form of an Unplugged TV special and a CD of the special a la The Dance (except Unplugged) (with rumours of a tour).

What
should
be
the
Unplugged
setlist?

(Limited to no more than 18 tracks, given length I'm using SYW and The Dance as a model)

:eek:

WildHearted 03-30-2011 08:08 PM

oh gosh.

In no particular order:

Frozen Love
Gypsy (acoustic)
Landslide
Rhiannon
CRYSTAL! (duet, or with Lindsey on lead)
Stephanie
Long Distance Winner
Crying in The Night
Lola My Love
Sorcerer
I Don't Want To Know
Blue Letter
Monday Morning
Races Are Run
Twisted
Without a Leg to Stand On
Without You
California Dreamin'

CreepingDeath 03-30-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 957327)
oh gosh.

In no particular order:

Frozen Love
Gypsy (acoustic)
Landslide
Rhiannon
Stephanie
Long Distance Winner
Crying in The Night
Lola My Love
Sorcerer
I Don't Want To Know
Blue Letter
Monday Morning
Races Are Run
Twisted
Without You
California Dreamin'

Excellent list.

TrueFaith77 03-30-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

oh gosh.

In no particular order:

Frozen Love
Gypsy (acoustic)
Landslide
Rhiannon
Stephanie
Long Distance Winner
Crying in The Night
Lola My Love
Sorcerer
I Don't Want To Know
Blue Letter
Monday Morning
Races Are Run
Twisted
Without You
California Dreamin'

I blinded by the brilliance of your last song choice. i'm still brainstorming, but you did an amazing job.

sigh... that reminds me: who wants to get together and write a Fleetwood Mac movie screenplay with me?

WildHearted 03-30-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 957336)
I blinded by the brilliance of your last song choice. i'm still brainstorming, but you did an amazing job.

sigh... that reminds me: who wants to get together and write a Fleetwood Mac movie screenplay with me?

And... me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 957330)
Excellent list.

Thank you! It could probably be tweaked here and there but something close to that is definitely what I would want to hear :)

seanthompson 03-30-2011 08:46 PM

The first list is perfect! Excellent job! Love that 'Without You' is on there! :nod:

CreepingDeath 03-30-2011 09:36 PM

Speaking of Buckingham Nicks, how much would a mint, unopened copy be worth? I bought one at a record shop, and I am wondering if I got ripped off.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Artemis 03-30-2011 10:16 PM

Love the idea of California Dreamin' being sung! I wish The Ledge had a like button so much :laugh: I'm going to steal that idea for my list, but, kudos! It's quite brilliant.

My liiist;

Don't Let Me Down Again; would be great for an opener, I think.
Races Are Run
Lola (My Love)
Long Distance Winner
Without You
Stephanie
I Don't Wanna Know
Rhiannon
Crystal
Sorcerer
Twisted
California Dreamin'
Blue Letter
Farewell Failure
Heartbreaker (Circles in time)
Without A Leg To Stand On
Landslide
Frozen Love

I like the thought of them closing with Landslide and Frozen Love, as those are really the two most intimate Lindsey + Stevie songs, so I think they work quite nicely placed together.

holidayroad 03-31-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

I would love to see Crystal done as a duet and both of them playing acoustic guitar!!

GypsyNikita 03-31-2011 07:03 PM

Great thread and great setlists!! :thumbsup:

If BN announced a tour tomorrow I would go to every single show! :D :D :D

jcalzaretta 03-31-2011 08:33 PM

The absolute MUSTs for me would be

1. I Don't Want To Know
2. Crystal
3. Frozen Love
4. Without a Leg to Stand On
5. California Dreaming

CADreaming 03-31-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 957379)
Speaking of Buckingham Nicks, how much would a mint, unopened copy be worth? I bought one at a record shop, and I am wondering if I got ripped off.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

No more than $30 - $40, in my opinion. I bought one for $25, unsealed but the vinyl is mint.

PS - I love this thread and I think everyone's suggestions are awesome! The set list prospects are amazing. Kudos! Here's hoping it will happen one day!

jmn3 03-31-2011 10:50 PM

They should have re-released the album and toured sometime in the year or two after The Dance. The timing was absolutely perfect.

TheSorcerer 04-16-2011 11:45 PM

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It would be cool if they went out on tour and played the Buckingham Nicks album from start to finish and included some other tracks that were written during that time and may have made the second Buckingham Nicks album if one had ever been made. It would be great if they played small, intimate venues. Of course a live album and DVD would have to be released as well as remastered edition of the original album in single disc form and a special disc edition with two discs - one with the album and the other with live tracks, demos and unreleased tracks.

vivfox 04-17-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSorcerer (Post 966344)
It would be great if they played small, intimate venues. Of course a live album and DVD would have to be released as well as remastered edition of the original album in single disc form and a special disc edition with two discs - one with the album and the other with live tracks, demos and unreleased tracks.

Well you're certainly a dreamer just like the rest of us. It'll never happen though, especially the part about performing in small, intimate venues.