The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   American Idol 9: Discussion & Poll (FM Theme Night?) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42734)

TrueFaith77 01-14-2010 09:41 AM

American Idol 9: Discussion & Poll (FM Theme Night?)

I thought it would be fun to redo the AI discussion this season--and figured the poll would draw in more participants. I'm not going to do my usual write-ups this year, but last night was a fun show.

I'm digging:

Jermaine Sellers -- He oversang, but I was impressed by his control and tone.

Vanessa Wolfe -- My kinda girl!

Holly Harden/Hardin -- I thought she sang well through those guitar-shaped frames. And she made me smile.

Joshua Blaylock -- Because he feels like an antidote to Adam Lambert; a throwback to the kind of gays that were on AI:1

Not digging:

Pretty much everybody else but am repulsed by the cop who butchered "Superstar"! Why is it "unexpected" that someone has a decent voice even if that person is ugly?

Dodfather 01-14-2010 10:11 AM

I was going to start this thread too! Although I'm in the UK I LOVE American Idol! It's just done so much better by you guys than how it is over here.

To be honest I find it difficult to remember each person until Hollywood week and so I was gonna start it then. Rest assured, when there are enough peiople left that I can start to remember them then I'll have LOTS to say!

Livia 01-14-2010 12:01 PM

Pants On The Floor!

skcin 01-14-2010 12:12 PM

^ Um. Excuse me. It's Pants on the Ground. Get it right. :rolleyes:

:lol: I was cracking up. Couldn't help it. Was on facebook this morning & Larry already has a fan page.

As for Mac night, I truly thought there would be one last year, since they could have promoted the tour. I'm now convinced there won't ever be one. Although, they are running out of guest mentors...

Livia 01-14-2010 12:39 PM

I stand corrected! :lol: It's a trending topic on Twitter now. :thumbsup:

I felt bad for the contestants that Mary J. Blige was laughing at - not that they didn't deserve to be laughed at, but how humiliating it must have been for them.

There won't be a Mac night.

Amlyn 01-14-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 865462)
Pants On The Floor!

That was hysterical!! It reminded me of the guy who had the "Brother" song. And they brought him back for the finale. Well, i think we'll see Pants on the Ground guy sometime in May.

FMlex 01-14-2010 03:28 PM

Who couldn't love the "Pants on the Ground" guy? Haha poor guy.

I can't recall any of their names yet, but I really like the guy who sang "One of Us" -- I thought it was a pretty cool take on that song.
There were a few others too, I just can't remember them.

TrueFaith77 01-14-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 865482)
Who couldn't love the "Pants on the Ground" guy? Haha poor guy.

Why "poor guy"? I thought Pants on the Ground was a clever-ish way of getting across the Cosby word. AND this man was a Civil Rights activist, named the "General" for his service to the cause as a member of SNCC and one of many beat down by the cops in Selma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 865482)
I can't recall any of their names yet, but I really like the guy who sang "One of Us" -- I thought it was a pretty cool take on that song. There were a few others too, I just can't remember them.

That was Jermaine Sellers

GODDESS6 01-14-2010 04:21 PM

i loved the 'pants on the ground' guy, he was cracking me up~

sara1998 01-14-2010 05:48 PM

Yes, I had to post his little jingle on Facebook last night. What a great laugh!

No Mac night, but I was watching Wheel of Fortune the other night, and the solution to one of their Before and After puzzles was Fleetwood Mac and cheese! :laugh:

HejiraNYC 01-14-2010 07:26 PM

I overheard some guy doing the whole "pants on the ground" thing at the barber today. :eek: I'm afraid it's gone viral.

jannieC 01-14-2010 08:42 PM

The young girl from Tennessee had me in tears last night. Don't you hate when someone or something catches you off guard and touches you in an unexpected way?

Musicman408 01-14-2010 10:21 PM

The beautiful girl that sang At Last- Katie Stevens. She was fantastic! :nod:

skcin 01-15-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 865516)
The young girl from Tennessee had me in tears last night. Don't you hate when someone or something catches you off guard and touches you in an unexpected way?

I thought sure she was gonna suck.:shocked: I hope she does well.

FMlex 01-15-2010 02:01 PM

This is lovely-- taken from TMZ.com:

Skiiboski from 'Idol' -- The Many Mug Shots
Skiiboski from last night's "American Idol" is used to being in front of judges -- because the guy has been arrested as many times as DMX ... almost.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/m...er_booking.jpg

TMZ has obtained Antonio "Skiiboski" Wheeler's five mug shots from his arrests in Florida -- which according to Skiiboski's inmate history report from the Orange County Corrections Department, occurred between March of 2005 and December of 2009.

March 2005: Possession of cannabis with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine, escape, and two counts resisting an officer without violence.

November 2005: Ten counts of contempt of court, providing false ID to law enforcement officer, escape during transport, resisting officer without violence, possession of cocaine and battery by detainee in detention facility.

February 2007: Possession of controlled substance of less than 10 grams, providing false ID to law enforcement officer, resisting officer without violence, escape.

August 2008: Violation of probation, driving while license suspended, no registration.

December 2009: Contempt of court.