The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favorite FM member, past or present (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57904)

jwd 05-11-2018 08:14 PM

Favorite FM member, past or present

Who is your favorite FM member, past or present? For ****s and giggles. You can elaborate too if you feel the need to vent, or just express yourself!

SteveMacD 05-11-2018 08:32 PM

LOL, I did this poll on here YEARS ago.

John McVie won.

jwd 05-11-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227571)

John McVie won.

But, but, but, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW STEVE! John just plays his bass guitar and doesn't get caught up in the drama. Is he too complacent though?

SteveMacD 05-11-2018 08:43 PM

No more than anytime before. Hell, I think that’s why he won.

Admittedly, it was done in rounds, and I was sometimes surprised at who got voted off. But, John ended up the winner.

jwd 05-11-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227574)
No more than anytime before. Hell, I think that’s why he won.

Admittedly, it was done in rounds, and I was sometimes surprised at who got voted off. But, John ended up the winner.

John, the silent one. You can't disagree with that!

Oh, kind of like our old survivor games.

We'll see. I'm curious to where old allegiances have been swayed in the current state of affairs.

Angel75 05-11-2018 09:02 PM

A great poll idea!

Was always a huge BN/FM fan, enjoying both Stevie and Lindsey's work equally.
After her atrocious behaviour, LB has to be the favourite and winner now.
You don't treat someone who loved and supported you through life AND turned your poems into the masterpiece songs they are AND brought you with him into the band that made you a rock star.... And think that that is ok to fire him from his band. Sorry Stevie.

Angel75 05-11-2018 09:03 PM

Is no one voting for Mick Fleetwood.....how strange?!

Pass the spew bucket

jwd 05-11-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1227579)
A great poll idea!

You don't treat someone who loved and supported you through life AND turned your poems into the masterpiece songs they are AND brought you with him into the band that made you a rock star.... And think that that is ok to fire him from his band. Sorry Stevie.

Thanks! And I definitely hear what you're saying.

BombaySapphire3 05-11-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1227579)
A great poll idea!

Stevie has always been kind of a parasite ...latching onto producers and collaborators that serve her purpose and then discarding them when they no longer do.

secondhandchain 05-11-2018 10:51 PM

Of course Stevie will win the poll...blah blah blah. Isn't that the whole purpose of it?

HomerMcvie 05-11-2018 11:51 PM

For my ENTIRE f*cking life, Christine would have been my vote. That backstabbing company shill is sitting in the back seat now.

Lindsey all the way!

AncientQueen 05-12-2018 02:48 AM

I can't seem to get over my love for Christine McVie, with Bob Welch being a close second.
..sigh... I was a Stevie Nicks fan for nearly 40 years and now she is one of my least favorite persons not only in this band, but also in the world. Girlfriend really really blew it.

chriskisn 05-12-2018 03:19 AM

Dave "The Voice" Walker.

The rest don't come close...

Macfan4life 05-12-2018 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1227685)
I can't seem to get over my love for Christine McVie, with Bob Welch being a close second.
..sigh... I was a Stevie Nicks fan for nearly 40 years and now she is one of my least favorite persons not only in this band, but also in the world. Girlfriend really really blew it.

You speak for me exactly. We must have been separated at birth :eek:

lovethemac1 05-12-2018 07:31 AM

4 months ago, I wouldn't have been able to vote......purely because of my love for all 5 current, and any former member. I just loved anything FM.

Now, unfortunately, it's easy to vote........Lindsey all the way. I can't stand Mick and Stevie (man, did she blow it big-time:mad:) and my disappointment with the McVie's is heartbreaking.

FuzzyPlum 05-12-2018 08:25 AM

I have to vote for Christine despite the current situation. Not happy with her but I'm sure my feelings will soften.

wondergirl9847 05-12-2018 09:35 AM

Faves

Lindsey has always been first for me...still is. Danny Kirwan is my second fave now.

I love Stevie's music, but as a person, I cannot stand her. She frustrates and saddens me. :(

pattyfan 05-12-2018 09:43 AM

Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, coupled with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

:)

Kevin

jmn3 05-12-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1227718)
Lindsey has always been first for me...still is. Danny Kirwan is my second fave now.

I love Stevie's music, but as a person, I cannot stand her. She frustrates and saddens me. :(

Exactly how I feel. Stevie's music, in particular within the context of Fleetwood Mac, is something I enjoy. Stevie as a person has become a bitter and miserable old woman who seemingly struggles to find happiness in her life and projects her miserableness on anyone around her who doesn't kiss her rear end. I can still jam out to live Rhiannon from the Tusk Deluxe album or respect that Silver Springs from The Dance is legendary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1227719)
Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, copied with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

Based on his Sirius XM ramblings, he's definitely a key member of the band. I've never heard someone ramble on so much about nothing. I know they're trying to sell him as part of the band but it's pretty heavy-handed nonsense :)

Neal 05-12-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1227719)
Obviously it's Neil Finn. He has such a deep history with the band and has written some of their biggest hits. But it's the deep cuts that you don't hear much on the radio, copied with his stellar live shoes, that seal his place in the pantheon of Fleetwood Mac's historical legacy.

:)

Kevin

Light Sleeper is already a modern classic! :blob2:

Street_Dreamer 05-12-2018 01:24 PM

Billy followed closely by Lindsey.

jwd 05-12-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1227601)
Of course Stevie will win the poll...blah blah blah. Isn't that the whole purpose of it?

No, it's not AT ALL the purpose of it. I didn't start the thread to see who would win the "popularity contest'". And who's to say that Stevie will win, if it even matters.

As I've indicated I wanted to get a feel of how the FM fan community is reacting to Lindsey no longer being in FM, the circumstances surrounding that, and how it was handled. And more so, how it has affected feelings towards the band members and their musical contributions.

Does one forego an artist's principle or character and simply appreciate and continue enjoying his or her music no matter what their behavior is?

Based on replies so far, I'm seeing a mixed reaction. Some will always love the music of the band and its' individual members, no matter what transpires in the politics of the band. Others, life long fans of certain members, have sworn them off for unforgivable actions. It's an interesting dynamic that's going on.

As for myself, I'm not even sure I have a favorite member. But I AM sure that I'm not going to burn everything FM related that I've come to love over the years.

jwd 05-16-2018 08:13 PM

Okay, so I just voted for Lindsey! :laugh: Excellent guitarist, singer songwriter who tried to take the Rumours 5 in the creative direction that most of us wanted them to take. So yeah, Lindsey gets my vote! :]

aleuzzi 05-17-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227571)

John McVie won.

OMG--so funny. And so fitting.

If this poll was taken a week after Christine slapped Lindsey and threw a drink in his face, she'd have won.

Poor Jeremy, though. He rarely gets any love.

TrueFaith77 05-17-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1228226)

If this poll was taken a week after Christine slapped Lindsey and threw a drink in his face, she'd have won.

Poor Jeremy, though. He rarely gets any love.

Jeremy became more interesting AFTER he left Fleetwood Mac

aleuzzi 05-17-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1228227)
Jeremy became more interesting AFTER he left Fleetwood Mac

I agree, though his Kiln House stuff is so pleasing!

jwd 05-17-2018 08:39 PM

gldstwmn voted twice, for Stevie! That's some Stevie trickery if I've ever seen it.....

SteveMacD 05-17-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1228226)

IIRC, I was only allowed to break tie votes by rules I set up, and Stevie and John were tied in the top three…

jwd 06-03-2018 12:04 AM

No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band? Oh, and currently looks like Lindsey has the most support from The Ledge community.

BombaySapphire3 06-03-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1230049)
No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band?.

Is that a rhertorical question?

jwd 06-03-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1230052)
Is that a rhertorical question?

Maybe. :laugh: I just love to stoke the coals a little bit. There's probably one Mick lover that is just not willing to be flamed if he or she votes for him.

jools 06-03-2018 12:44 AM

I will fan the flames

Anyone but Lindsey Buckingham

:lol::blob1:

jwd 06-03-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jools (Post 1230055)
I will fan the flames

Anyone but Lindsey Buckingham

:lol::blob1:

Oooh, you're like one of those Bekka lover trouble makers. :mad:

HomerMcvie 06-03-2018 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1230049)
No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band? Oh, and currently looks like Lindsey has the most support from The Ledge community.

WHAT'S to love? Nice enough guy, but greedy beyond belief, and an absolute IDIOT with his finances. You have to earn respect. I'm not certain that he has the tools. Loveable idiot.

jwd 06-04-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230063)
WHAT'S to love? Nice enough guy, but greedy beyond belief, and an absolute IDIOT with his finances. You have to earn respect. I'm not certain that he has the tools. Loveable idiot.

Hey, at least one person on these boards found some love in their heart for dear old Mick. :shrug: I kinda of like that term of yours, "Loveable Idiot". It has an endearing ring to it.

Now if somebody could find some favorite love in their heart for Jeremy, the circle will be complete. It's ironically sad that he didn't score one vote, especially since he's probably the only past or present FM member that actually scrolls through these boards.

HomerMcvie 06-04-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1230137)
Hey, at least one person on these boards found some love in their heart for dear old Mick. :shrug: I kinda of like that term of yours, "Loveable Idiot". It has an endearing ring to it.

Now if somebody could find some favorite love in their heart for Jeremy, the circle will be complete. It's ironically sad that he didn't score one vote, especially since he's probably the only past or present FM member that actually scrolls through these boards.

Jeremy... Didn't some child sex thing or something arise a few years ago? He was here answering questions for us, then I read the allegations here, and he disappeared.

For the record, I DON'T remember exactly what they were.

BlanketMan 06-05-2018 10:21 AM

I'm proud to have added to Lindsey's current five-vote lead over The Witch! :)

But I honestly believe he is the most talented person to have ever been part of FM. And he knows it!

louielouie2000 06-05-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1230137)

Bob Welch was pretty active on here prior to his death. Which brings me to my vote- Stevie has always been the most fascinating member to me. Increasingly over the past few years I’ve come to really detest her personally, though. I think after her mother died, her last grounding force (aka pre fame family/friend/etc) was gone... and the bad aspects of her personality have overtaken the good. That’s why I chose Bob Welch as my fav. His musical style, lyrics, and life story are every bit as bewitching as Stevie’s was for me. He had the whole mystical thing going on, he was such an underdog figure, and what a tragic yet charmed life he led. He was really the bridge that linked FM to success... transforming the band from a British blues standards band to a sophisticated global pop/rock force. Without him, who knows what would have become of FM.

BombaySapphire3 06-05-2018 05:22 PM

I voted for Lindsey..for years and years it would have been Stevie but like others have astutely pointed out her worst traits have become her dominant ones. I can't believe that the "Green God"only has one vote. For a brief and shining hour he was brilliant.

jwd 06-05-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230138)
Jeremy... Didn't some child sex thing or something arise a few years ago? He was here answering questions for us, then I read the allegations here, and he disappeared.

For the record, I DON'T remember exactly what they were.

Yeah, I vaguely remember that as well now that you mention it. Here's a link to sum up what happened around that time and the allegations of sex abuse.
Warning, there are some disturbing depictions within the article.

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...rter-campaign/