The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Setlist spoiler alert... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53754)

jbrownsjr 05-25-2014 12:39 PM

Setlist spoiler alert...

"What fans may not know is how excited McVie is about performing her old Fleetwood Mac songs when the band reunites for a world tour, starting on September 30 in Minneapolis. Giving a sneak preview of the set list, McVie told Darren Haynes, Head of BASCA Marketing, Communications & Member Events, that Tusk-era deep cut 'Brown Eyes' would be included among her songs."

I found this on stevienicks.info..

michelej1 05-25-2014 01:37 PM

So, Louie should be happy.

I knew they'd have one of her Tusk songs in there. Not the one I wanted. But they aren't even close to rehearsal yet. Things change. Michele

jwd 05-25-2014 11:02 PM

Not a bad choice, but I'd rather hear something from Mystery To Me or a pre Rumours era album song. Are you listening Christine?! Your history goes way back in FM!! There are so many other more interesting choices that we haven't heard in a long time.

MikeVielhaber 05-25-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1131203)
Not a bad choice, but I'd rather hear something from Mystery To Me or a pre Rumours era album song. Are you listening Christine?! Your history goes way back in FM!! There are so many other more interesting choices that we haven't heard in a long time.

I don't think they've forgotten. I think they just prefer to play songs from this lineup.

jwd 05-25-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1131205)
I don't think they've forgotten. I think they just prefer to play songs from this lineup.

Pun intended, that's a Mystery To Me!! :laugh: There are so many other songs in Chris's earlier FM repertoire that can easily hold a candle to "Brown Eyes". I think they misunderstand the depth of their fan base.

Tusky 05-26-2014 02:27 AM

Thanks Jbrownsjr, that's so exciting! One of my favs from Tusk. Now that he's jammed with Nick Littlemore do you think Lindsey's heard Cut Copy's (slight) remix of Never Forget and they will be doing that too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJGH65tsy0

Wdm6789 05-26-2014 05:23 AM

I posted in the other thread, please do Hold Me! Please don't do Everywhere or Over my head, do Hold Me and if they do a Tango song of Christine's then do Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight.

mitzo 05-26-2014 06:05 AM

Love Brown Eyes so much, but isn't that song really about the awesome blend of layered vocal harmonies and crystal clear production with slow moving instrumentals on a background of silence? How on earth do you reconstruct that in concert?

jmn3 05-26-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1131216)
Love Brown Ryes so much, but isn't that song really about the awesome blend of layered vocal harmonies and crystal clear production with slow moving instrumentals on a background of silence? How on earth do you reconstruct that in concert?

I think it can work well live...they did it on the Mirage Tour in 1982 as well as during the 1987-88 tour.

shackin'up 05-26-2014 07:17 AM

I'm very very happy with this. But I don't hope that that means Think About Me will NOT be played....

bethelblues 05-26-2014 08:16 AM

I'm worried that this will be Christine's only deep cut/non-standard song in the setlist.

jbrownsjr 05-26-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1131224)
I'm worried that this will be Christine's only deep cut/non-standard song in the setlist.

You're probably right. I wonder if they let each composer pick their songs to a certain extent.

StevieNicksfann 05-26-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1131214)
I posted in the other thread, please do Hold Me! Please don't do Everywhere or Over my head, do Hold Me and if they do a Tango song of Christine's then do Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight.

Please do Everywhere! AND do Hold Me! And Little Lies! And Over My Head! And Think About Me! And Say You Love Me! And Love In Store!

MoonSister75 05-26-2014 03:37 PM

Well a Christine Tusk song is a good start. I don't want to get my hopes up.... but now I'm wishing for as many Tusk songs as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tusky (Post 1131207)
Now that he's jammed with Nick Littlemore do you think Lindsey's heard Cut Copy's (slight) remix of Never Forget and they will be doing that too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJGH65tsy0

I like this (slight) remix :D

mylittledemon 05-26-2014 04:23 PM

Now if only we can get Little Lies...

jbrownsjr 05-26-2014 06:35 PM

I really want Isn't It Midnight and Think About Me.

I really don't care if they do Little Lies or Everywhere...

louielouie2000 05-26-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1131161)
So, Louie should be happy.

You know me well. :D Though it is probably my favorite Mac song, I do wonder if they will pull it off better than the Mirage tour. It was a snoozefest then. Rick Vito's blues guitar on the Tango tour was the counterpoint the song needed live. I wonder how the song will be arranged this time? :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1131263)
I really want Isn't It Midnight and Think About Me.

I really don't care if they do Little Lies or Everywhere...

Isn't It Midnight & Think About Me would be so much fun live. I would stand up and dance like a crazy person if those were performed. :laugh:

And I agree about Little Lies & Everywhere.

jbrownsjr 05-26-2014 09:31 PM

Yes, I agree the Tango Tour was much better for Brown Eyes..

secondhandchain 05-26-2014 09:36 PM

They should have her do Never Forget as a closer instead of Songbird, but that will NEVER happen.

This is the set list
Christine:
Over My head
Brown eyes
Little Lies or Everywhere
Hold me
Songbird
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop

Stevie:
Sara
Rhiannon
Silver Springs
Gypsy
Gold Dust Woman
Dreams
Angel (her deep cut)
Stand Back
Landslide

Linsday:
Go your own Way
Big Love
Second Hand News
Monday Morning
I'm So Afraid
World Turning
Walk A Thin Line (his deep cut)
Never Going back again
And of course: The Chain

PenguinHead 05-26-2014 09:44 PM

Little Lies would be great. It was only done live in the Rick/Billy era of the band. It would be nice to hear it live with the original line up.

I love all of her songs from 1971-1974, but the chances of her performing any of them is slim to none. A few of them trickled into their set lists in 1975-1977, but that was a transitional time, when they were bridging the gap between their past and their new line-up.

Get Like You Used to Be (Chicken Shack)
Believe Me
Jumping at Shadows (one off performance)
Why
Spare Me A Little

HelloMonster 05-26-2014 09:50 PM

:blob2: Aww yiss! Love Brown Eyes! Give me more. More! MORE! :D

PenguinHead 05-26-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1131275)
They should have her do Never Forget as a closer instead of Songbird, but that will NEVER happen.

I aways entertained that thought too! The song's ending lends itself to a nice jam to end the show. The sentiment is so appropriate: "We will never forget tonight."

Hawkeye 05-27-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1131275)

This is the set list
Christine:
Over My head
Brown eyes
Little Lies or Everywhere
Hold me
Songbird
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop

Stevie:
Sara
Rhiannon
Silver Springs
Gypsy
Gold Dust Woman
Dreams
Angel (her deep cut)
Stand Back
Landslide

Linsday:
Go your own Way
Big Love
Second Hand News
Monday Morning
I'm So Afraid
World Turning
Walk A Thin Line (his deep cut)
Never Going back again
And of course: The Chain

So they're not going to do Tusk or say you love me AND Lindsey's going to change the spelling of his name :laugh: I'm going to bet against that.

bethelblues 05-27-2014 08:03 AM

^^^ Cross off Hold Me (for Say You Love Me) and Walk a Thin Line (for Tusk), add one of Lindsey's go-to Tusk or Mirage songs (NTF, IKINW, EotW), and you've got a very realistic list. I just hope Say You Will is represented + that there is something new as well.

TrueFaith77 05-27-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1131303)
So they're not going to do Tusk or say you love me AND Lindsey's going to change the spelling of his name :laugh: I'm going to bet against that.

Why does that happen on a Fleetwood Mac board? I'm not trying to pile on. I genuinely wonder if people are just being perverse when they do it. Like how I always spell Baz Lurhmann's name Bazz Luhrmann. Just cuz it cracks me up.

ETA:

Here's a whole page devoted to people discussing the spelling of the name "Lindsay" with an "a"... and specifically, numerous times reference Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac as one of the most famous bearers of that particular "a" spelling. http://www.behindthename.com/name/lindsay/comments

jbrownsjr 05-27-2014 09:45 AM

My uncle calls him Linseed.

WildHearted 05-27-2014 10:41 AM

I wonder if they're going to continue the trend of pulling out lesser known Tusk tracks (doing Brown Eyes would support this theory)...

So we'd get Brown Eyes from Chris, Angel from Stevie... and maybe WATL from Lindsey? Or WMYTYTO?

jbrownsjr 05-27-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1131316)
I wonder if they're going to continue the trend of pulling out lesser known Tusk tracks (doing Brown Eyes would support this theory)...

So we'd get Brown Eyes from Chris, Angel from Stevie... and maybe WATL from Lindsey? Or WMYTYTO?

Christine always complained about WMYTYTO because of her wrists.

There better be some Tango in this list. Not just Big Love or Everywhere...

louielouie2000 05-27-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1131316)

I know most Stevie fans would go nuts if Angel were to return to the setlist (count me as one of the very few who would not be amused).

Walk A Thin Line would be wonderful... it's such a beautiful song. I think it'd make a very nice companion to Brown Eyes in the setlist. :nod:

bethelblues 05-27-2014 12:15 PM

Elle would have to go to a concert or two or three or four if that happened.

Maybe Christine will do Think About Me as well? Stevie + Lindsey have both done more than one song from Tusk in past concerts. There's just an embarrassment of riches for Christine to choose from. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't do Over My Head, which gives the chance to do something from Mirage or a second song from Tango (probably her strongest batch of songs compared to Lindsey's and Stevie's offerings for that album) or a pre-75 'oldie' (much less likely).

Kubrick2788 05-27-2014 12:52 PM

Brown Eyes...

Methinks this will be the bathroom/beer run/leg stretch song for most. I'll be curious to hear it done live, but not dying to hear it.

Macfanforever 05-27-2014 01:01 PM

--------------------------SPOILERS---------------------------------

Oh NO.......................................................

I have to remind myself not to read the Ledge as the tour kicks off.

Only kidding.LOL....

On this upcoming tour I would allow Stevie and Lindsey song subtractions for Chris's tunes.

TrueFaith77 05-27-2014 01:41 PM

Brown Eyes is sublime live.

Max_RedRover 05-27-2014 04:03 PM

Some pre-75 Christine songs would be SO sweet ...

"WHY" being arguably the greatest ...

"Spare Me a Little" would be sublime as well and more of an "up" number.

"Did You Ever Love Me" as a Lindsey/Chris duet would be magical - I hear Brett Tuggle's an incredible steel-drum player ...

"Get Like You Used to Be" would be sweet and such a "full-circle" moment as it's what opened their FIRST EVER shows together as a five-piece.

As far as post-75 songs go:

"HOLD ME" is a necessity.

"LITTLE LIES" would be oh-so-sweet, especially hearing Stevie and Lindsey do their "...tell me lies!" and "Tell me, tell me lies!" lines!!!!!

"THINK ABOUT ME" would be brilliant as it's such a beloved song amongst the hipsters and younger FM fans and again how much fun would it be to hear Lindsey screaming: "Every, every once in awhile!" etc.

I'd also ADORE hearing "Over and Over" as live it's such a slow-burning wonder ... the version on the LIVE album kills me every time with its Subterranean Homesick Alien (Radiohead) build-up in the finale.

dontlookdown 05-28-2014 01:14 PM

I've seen them do Brown Eyes a few times, and it's pretty spectacular. One of the few times you really get to hear Chris and Stevie harmonizing together, just the two of them.

I remember Hold Me not really holding up so well on the Mirage tour.
But I'm sure they would give it a fresh/new arrangement and key if they do it this year.

Dragonfly 05-28-2014 02:31 PM

Am so happy that they're playing Brown Eyes.:blob2:

I would like to see Chris do at least most of the following:

Hold Me
YMLF
Everywhere
Little Lies
Isn't It Midnight
Songbird
Don't Stop
Say You Love Me

I'm not keen on Over My Head but I'm sure it'd be great anyway.

I'd imagine it'll be mostly Rumours/Tango songs we get, in Europe especially Tango was huge so Brown Eyes/SYLM? may be the only song/s that makes the cut that wasn't from those two albums.

I'd like to see Hold Me though, did that not get played on the Mirage tour much? I've heard the rehearsal version but it's not on the Mirage tour video. Seems odd as it was a big hit in the US.

MikeVielhaber 05-28-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonfly (Post 1131376)
Am so happy that they're playing Brown Eyes.:blob2:

I would like to see Chris do the following:

Hold Me
YMLF
Everywhere
Little Lies
Isn't It Midnight
Songbird
Don't Stop

I'm not keen on Over My Head but I'm sure it'd be great anyway.

I'd imagine it'll be mostly Rumours/Tango songs we get, in Europe especially Tango was huge so Brown Eyes may be the only song that makes the cut that wasn't from those two albums.

I'd like to see Hold Me though, did that not get played on the Mirage tour much? I've heard the rehearsal version but it's not on the Mirage tour video. Seems odd as it was a big hit in the US.

I imagine they will play "Say You Love Me". They even played it in 2009 without Christine.

"Hold Me" was performed on all Mirage tour shows, I believe.

bethelblues 05-28-2014 05:07 PM

Love in Store sounds great on the Mirage DVD/VHS and shouldn't be too hard vocally, drawing on Christine's lower register. I wouldn't mind that one from the album.

michelej1 05-28-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1131385)
Love in Store sounds great on the Mirage DVD/VHS and shouldn't be too hard vocally, drawing on Christine's lower register. I wouldn't mind that one from the album.

Even though it's not my favorite Christine song on the album, I would be simply thrilled to have it in the setlist. I hope they could do some wonderful, layered vocal arranging.

Honestly, except for Beautiful Child, I've never really heard them use the background vocalists in a way that made me say "Wow!" But Love in Store would be the perfect time to try. Them singing different lines than the leads.

Never take your love away .... I'm begging you baby, oh darling.

Michele

shackin'up 05-28-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_RedRover (Post 1131339)

I'd also ADORE hearing "Over and Over" as live it's such a slow-burning wonder ... the version on the LIVE album kills me every time with its Subterranean Homesick Alien (Radiohead) build-up in the finale.

Exactly THAT makes it my fave Christine livetrack. But I guess they will never top that with the whole backingband with them.